Leverkusen away - travel info

Manchester - Amsterdam Tuesday - Friday £90 return. Tuesday night in Amsterdam, Wednesday and Thursday in Koln. Train from Amsterdam to Koln is only about £20 each way.

Manchester - Amsterdam Tuesday - Friday £90 return. Tuesday night in Amsterdam, Wednesday and Thursday in Koln. Train from Amsterdam to Koln is only about £20 each way.

Might sound ah stupid question but do the prices go up over there nearer the time or are they set in stone?

Same here. Leverkusen didn't look like it was upto much and there was a lack of hotels.

I think if you know where to go it's ok, but it's definitely quite small mate.

Fortune Hotel Loyal for us.

Game behind closed doors maybe.

One of my wife’s friends lives in Cologne, and was saying that all the supermarket shelves are empty as people have been panic buying due to cases in the region. Wish I’d known before I’d booked up earlier!

One of my wife’s friends lives in Cologne, and was saying that all the supermarket shelves are empty as people have been panic buying due to cases in the region. Wish I’d known before I’d booked up earlier!
I'm holding off as looks like full scale travel ban may be put in place in the near future.

I've just been getting hotel recommendations off a German friend who lives in Dusseldorf, no mention of any panic buying etc.

Aberdeen - Oslo - Dusseldorf on wednesday
Dusseldorf - Copenhagen - Aberdeen on the Friday.

Train to cologne and staying there. Cant wait for this one

I've just been getting hotel recommendations off a German friend who lives in Dusseldorf, no mention of any panic buying etc.
Just telling what I’ve been told, different city perhaps a different attitude, I don't know? In Dusseldorf, however, they’ve also quarantined 1000 people who work for Ernst & Jones and so clearly is an issue.

Ask him what local media are saying

Replied that there are ‘2 confirmed cases in Uniclinic in Düsseldorf. Near Aachen in a small village a man is infected. He was on a carnival event with 300 people. They try to find all this people for a check.’ Didn’t say much else, I guess not any worse than anywhere else right now.

Might sound ah stupid question but do the prices go up over there nearer the time or are they set in stone?

It's not a stupid question, we're not sure either. We're not sure if we're going to book them or just wing it at the station. We did half and half last time at Rotterdam but I can't recall a change of price

It's not a stupid question, we're not sure either. We're not sure if we're going to book them or just wing it at the station. We did half and half last time at Rotterdam but I can't recall a change of price

Have a look on bahn.de mate.

I would get sorted now as that Friday they are upwards of 40 euros at the minute. It’s 4.50 to reserve a seat per journey as well.

Digs sorted. Thinking of driving. Overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. 2 and a half hour drive from there

We are flying Glasgow to Amsterdam on Wednesday morning then getting the 3 hour direct train to Cologne.

Return train on Friday then a night out Amsterdam Friday night. Then fly back to Glasgow Saturday afternoon.

£150 for flights and train.

Where did you book the train mate will need back to Amsterdam Friday.

Was £130 for my Edinburgh - Frankfurt flight. Gonna head over to Cologne on Wednesday night for two nights, then back to Frankfurt on Friday night. Trains look great and should get me into Cologne for before midnight, hopefully not too expensive.

3 of us on same flight over.

Manchester - dusseldorf 20:45 Tuesday
Dusseldorf - manchester 20:40 friday
£112

booked through lastminute.com,booking is still pending and after reading some reviews looks like i wont be going and could be a long wait for a refund,superb.

Booked.

Manchester to Hannover - wed evening to Friday night with Flybe - £82
Night in Hannover.
First class Return Train Hannover to cologne (booked nice and easy on Trainline app.) - £64
Game.
Night in cologne.

Now got the corona and UEFA fear!!

Was wondering how much do you bears think the day trip will be and is it worth it? Got an operation on Friday morning so only way to go would be coming back after the game. First trip was Braga so hoping to go as I’ve got the bug

Just telling what I’ve been told, different city perhaps a different attitude, I don't know? In Dusseldorf, however, they’ve also quarantined 1000 people who work for Ernst & Jones and so clearly is an issue.

My friend who stays in Düsseldorf just sent me this ‘Good morning, Just seen on TV: people should buy food and water (they didn’t talk about beer or drinks ) for 10 days.’

Back