Leverkusen fans

GovanFront4

Bayer Leverkusen playing in Porto on the Thursday when I'm sure there will still be a load of Bears around. Will Bayer Leverkusen bring a fair support with them? Can't see there being any issues but will be fun with a lot of Bears around and the Germans on the drink.

Where does that leave St Pauli fans then.

I said ONE of the worst.

I dont agree with St.Pauli and their political views and of course they can %^*& off with their love-in with the scum. But as football supporters they are miles ahead of Leverkusen.

Scheiss Leverkusen!

Leverkusen? One of the worst groups of supporters and travellers in the whole of Germany. And a bunch of c*nts too.

Based on what???

We met Leverkusen fans there in 1998 and they took us under their wing and spent the day buying us drink all day in a beer hall having a Sash bash with us and so on.

We returned the favour two weeks later.

So dont know where that nonsense is coming from.

I'm assuming he means they dont travel well and have a poor support. Also, they are generally disliked because they are or were owned by bayer (pharmaceutical company) so basically a works team with money ploughed into them which goes against the ordinary jerry team supporters ethos.

I had no problems in leverkusen either, drunk in one of their sports clubs near the ground. They're lucky to have fans never mind a hoolie problem methinks.

Based on what???

We met Leverkusen fans there in 1998 and they took us under their wing and spent the day buying us drink all day in a beer hall having a Sash bash with us and so on.

We returned the favour two weeks later.

So dont know where that nonsense is coming from.
Still friends with a few to this day.
Went to the Champions league final with them and showed them the delights of Glasgow.
Bus load in the Wee Gers pre match then horseshoe and Savoy after.
All great lads.

Only one guy appears to have a beef with them

Went to the Champions league final with them and showed them the delights of Glasgow.
All great lads.

Still waiting for the valid reason too.

Every single German Trip ive done has been the best. Even Munich in 99 was magic.

Spent 10 days in Berlin/Frankfurt in 2006 for World Cup and it was an unbelievable experience.

Probably albiet due to the South American fanny lol.

If you bump into them remember this. The first gas attack on the british in ww1, was manufactured by a company called bayer of Leverkusen. Not stirring it up or anything, just a little bit of history, people might be interested in;)

We will just need to wait and see what they are like on their travels :))

This thread is turning into an argument :oops:

Been to games there a few times. Maybe not as passionate as other clubs in the region but decent fans. Normally an easy stadium to get a ticket for.

No issue in Leverkusen at all. Very friendly locals, not a lot to do in the town itself though. Much better staying in Cologne.

Didn't appear very well supported. Was at a Champions League game at the Bayer Arena, A lot of away fans were in the home end that night, again, very friendly, no issues.

Will be absolutely be no issues this week.

Been to see Gers in Germany eight times including Leverkusen never had or seen one bit of bother

All great lads.

Should be a busload of Leverkusen fans with the beef with you! The Savoy!??!

They directed plenty of monkey chants at Rod Wallace in 1998. I had to ask my dad why they were booing him.

Never had a problem with them anytime I visited in the 25 years I lived in Germany and followed Arminia or when with Rangers, not a great fan base and would undoubtedly struggle big time like Uerdingen if Bayer were to pull the plug.

If you bump into them remember this. The first gas attack on the british in ww1, was manufactured by a company called bayer of Leverkusen. Not stirring it up or anything, just a little bit of history, people might be interested in;)

And Henry Ford supported the Nazi party but quite a few people still drive them cars.

I dont think we should be worried about leverkusen fans.. we have enough idiots amonst our european away support who get swallied n fight each other...

Never had a problem with them anytime I visited in the 25 years I lived in Germany and followed Arminia or when with Rangers, not a great fan base and would undoubtedly struggle big time like Uerdingen if Bayer were to pull the plug.

I used to go see Uerdingen when stationed over there. Great wee club with a loyal fanbase who dropped like a stone when Bayer pulled the rug from under them.

Strange post.
Why isit? Ive been over europe following rangers and seen it 1st hand.. doesnt help now idiots film it and post it...ive just txtd a big pal who is in braga, and asked him how ot was, his words were fantadtic but idiot fans getting para and fighting each other... ..

Why isit? Ive been over europe following rangers and seen it 1st hand.. doesnt help now idiots film it and post it...ive just txtd a big pal who is in braga, and asked him how ot was, his words were fantadtic but idiot fans getting para and fighting each other... ..
So, just like any other event involving working class male Scots? Hardly worth commenting on, or indeed drawing attention to.

It's insidious little comments like yours that perpetuate the myth that we are some hoard of savages rampaging across Europe, rather than a boisterous group of folk looking to get pissed and have a laugh.

I can only imagine what the reaction on here would be like if we behaved like some of the organised groups of hools from around other parts of Europe.

I used to go see Uerdingen when stationed over there. Great wee club with a loyal fanbase who dropped like a stone when Bayer pulled the rug from under them.

Need to get in their own Stadium again mate, becoming a bit daft that situation now. Seen them play using Duisburg and Fortuna Duss as their home grounds this last two seasons and both just crazy size wise for them.

So have I, and can’t recall ever seeing it

Back