Leverkusen v Inter - 8pm tonight BT Sport 2

EC54

All over - Inter through as predicted.

Leverkusen are a decent side but not as good as people have been saying. We didn't turn up in either game.
We weren't allowed to turn up in both games, they were better by a distance just the same as Inter are better than them. Do you think on the leverkusen forum tonight there fans are saying we gave Inter to much respect or in reality just accepting they got beat by a better team same as we were..

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
Think so?

Their keeper had a brilliant game, he's the only reason they weren't embarrassed. Should really have been about 6-1.
So Leverkusen are just a Couple of levels above Rangers, and Inter are several more.

Always makes me laugh how people try to read too much into that sort of stuff. Like there is any merit in viewing an Inter v Leverkusen game through a Rangers prism.

Laudrup is God

Cheating rewarded again even with VAR and the commentators going out of their way to ok it it’s not ok because he had a hand on his shoulder doesn’t excuse cheating.

KL2

Leverkusen had a lot of the ball in and around Inter's area. Ball was pinging around there quite a bit.
Leverkusen could have scored 6, but that's not how it works. :D
They had empty possession, don't recall a single decent chance other than the goal.

Inter battered them, had a perfectly good goal disallowed, missed several sitters... That was far more one sided than our game against them.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
I have to say I was that disgusted with the Man Utd penalty I turned it off.

Not even checked and the English commentators acting like its not even worth another look.

KGR98

Remember the gk from when Copenhagen played Celtic had a great game then and has been stunning so far this game

KL2

So Leverkusen are just a Couple of levels above Rangers, and Inter are several more.

Always makes me laugh how people try to read too much into that sort of stuff. Like there is any merit in viewing an Inter v Leverkusen game through a Rangers prism.
Sums it up, yeah.

Balogun1

It’s like watching North Korea tv on this game. How can a referee look at that and seriously say that there was no doubt in that being a penalty. It was a blatant dive.

Skyy Bluenose

They had empty possession, don't recall a single decent chance other than the goal.

Inter battered them, had a perfectly good goal disallowed, missed several sitters... That was far more one sided than our game against them.
That wasn't how I saw it, but whatever. Stats suggested otherwise:

10 shots to 5 Inter
59% possession for Leverkusen
6 corners to 3 for Leverkusen

I had Inter on my coupon and it certainly felt like Leverkusen had chances.

KGR98

That keeper is McGregor's replacement get him in he's pulled of multiple world class saves in that 15 minutes

KL2

That wasn't how I saw it, but whatever. Stats suggested otherwise:

10 shots to 5 Inter
59% possession for Leverkusen
6 corners to 3 for Leverkusen

I had Inter on my coupon and it certainly felt like Leverkusen had chances.
18 shots against 9, 7 on target against 2, 1 save against 5, perfectly good goal disallowed... Thought it was a hammering personally that should have been 4-0 inside half an hour.

Big takeaway was Conte had no problem dealing with their high press, his favourite passage of play with the full back going long to a dropping striker killed them all game. Lukaku manhandled both of their CB's.

yarrumdavid01

Inter were physical and Leverkusen could not handle it. We only came alive like this in the final 10 mins of the tie by which time it was too late.

Blu_ultra

We would have given Bayer Leverkusen a better game pre-January.

Good side, some cracking players but not the level some made them out to be.
They deserved to go through, however if that had been the first leg the other night, that's not a bad result to take back to Ibrox. I think we got them at the wrong time. Probably would have went out, but not as convincingly.

Mickey Donovan

1. Leverkusen lose to a team that just missed out on winning Seria A by one point.
2. ???
3. We should've beaten Leverkusen.

change consent