Leverkusen v Inter - 8pm tonight BT Sport 2

All over - Inter through as predicted.

Leverkusen are a decent side but not as good as people have been saying. We didn't turn up in either game.
We weren't allowed to turn up in both games, they were better by a distance just the same as Inter are better than them. Do you think on the leverkusen forum tonight there fans are saying we gave Inter to much respect or in reality just accepting they got beat by a better team same as we were..

Think so?

Their keeper had a brilliant game, he's the only reason they weren't embarrassed. Should really have been about 6-1.

So Leverkusen are just a Couple of levels above Rangers, and Inter are several more.

Always makes me laugh how people try to read too much into that sort of stuff. Like there is any merit in viewing an Inter v Leverkusen game through a Rangers prism.

Cheating rewarded again even with VAR and the commentators going out of their way to ok it it’s not ok because he had a hand on his shoulder doesn’t excuse cheating.

Leverkusen had a lot of the ball in and around Inter's area. Ball was pinging around there quite a bit.
Leverkusen could have scored 6, but that's not how it works. :D

They had empty possession, don't recall a single decent chance other than the goal.

Inter battered them, had a perfectly good goal disallowed, missed several sitters... That was far more one sided than our game against them.

I have to say I was that disgusted with the Man Utd penalty I turned it off.

Not even checked and the English commentators acting like its not even worth another look.

Remember the gk from when Copenhagen played Celtic had a great game then and has been stunning so far this game

So Leverkusen are just a Couple of levels above Rangers, and Inter are several more.

Always makes me laugh how people try to read too much into that sort of stuff. Like there is any merit in viewing an Inter v Leverkusen game through a Rangers prism.

Sums it up, yeah.

It’s like watching North Korea tv on this game. How can a referee look at that and seriously say that there was no doubt in that being a penalty. It was a blatant dive.

They had empty possession, don't recall a single decent chance other than the goal.

Inter battered them, had a perfectly good goal disallowed, missed several sitters... That was far more one sided than our game against them.
That wasn't how I saw it, but whatever. Stats suggested otherwise:

10 shots to 5 Inter
59% possession for Leverkusen
6 corners to 3 for Leverkusen

I had Inter on my coupon and it certainly felt like Leverkusen had chances.

That keeper is McGregor's replacement get him in he's pulled of multiple world class saves in that 15 minutes

That wasn't how I saw it, but whatever. Stats suggested otherwise:

10 shots to 5 Inter
59% possession for Leverkusen
6 corners to 3 for Leverkusen

I had Inter on my coupon and it certainly felt like Leverkusen had chances.

18 shots against 9, 7 on target against 2, 1 save against 5, perfectly good goal disallowed... Thought it was a hammering personally that should have been 4-0 inside half an hour.

Big takeaway was Conte had no problem dealing with their high press, his favourite passage of play with the full back going long to a dropping striker killed them all game. Lukaku manhandled both of their CB's.

Inter were physical and Leverkusen could not handle it. We only came alive like this in the final 10 mins of the tie by which time it was too late.

We would have given Bayer Leverkusen a better game pre-January.

Good side, some cracking players but not the level some made them out to be.
They deserved to go through, however if that had been the first leg the other night, that's not a bad result to take back to Ibrox. I think we got them at the wrong time. Probably would have went out, but not as convincingly.

1. Leverkusen lose to a team that just missed out on winning Seria A by one point.
2. ???
3. We should've beaten Leverkusen.

Inter a couple of levels above Leverkusen. Fancy them to go on and win it. They're certainly in the best form, and Lukaku is red hot just now.

The commentary team basically gave him credit for diving.
Yes, it’s disgusting how accepted diving has become in the game. Karma would be them going out to a dive in the next round. We would see what the commentators would have to say about that.

I always think back to when we played Bayern in 1999 and the ridiculous amount of diving that went on, including the free kick they got the last gasp equaliser at Ibrox from.

It is the worst aspect of modern football.

That's a bit pointless given where we have been. We were out of Europe for years.

So what are you saying? We should be beating Leverkusen?

The only pointless thing on this thread is people looking at an Inter v Leverkusen game and trying to somehow fit Rangers into the equation.

If they are gen
0.6% of all penalties awarded in PL history were given to Manchester United during 2019/20

If they are genuine penalties then they deserve them and they may attack more than other teams so? Look at our game against st mirren after the complaints from idiots match officials were reluctant to give us genuine deserved penalties! Pi**ed me off!

Inter's problem is similar to us.....should have been 5-0 up before Leverkusen started playing. They need goals when on top.

So what are you saying? We should be beating Leverkusen?

The only pointless thing on this thread is people looking at an Inter v Leverkusen game and trying to somehow fit Rangers into the equation.
It's simple really leverkusan were and are better than us, they won the tie comfortably playing in 2nd gear. It wouldnt matter when we play them they would win. Remember the match thread when some were still fancying us to maybe pull back 3 goals because they hadn't played for a month!

It's simple really leverkusan were and are better than us, they won the tie comfortably playing in 2nd gear. It wouldnt matter when we play them they would win. Remember the match thread when some were still fancying us to maybe pull back 3 goals because they hadn't played for a month!

Yes I do remember the match thread.

I got accused of "standards slipping" because I said we didn't have a chance, the game was an inconvinience.

If they are gen

If they are genuine penalties then they deserve them and they may attack more than other teams so? Look at our game against st mirren after the complaints from idiots match officials were reluctant to give us genuine deserved penalties! Pi**ed me off!
Liverpool won the title and I think got 6 penalties. I wouldn’t say Man Utd attacked teams more than that. It’s certainly not borne out by goals scored.

Back