leverkusen v wolfsburg

greggakd

didn't see a thread on it. currently 3-0 down at home to wolfsburg. another home team losing behind closed doors.

They're lucky it's only 3 the Leverkusen keeper has made 2 top drawer saves. They are very good going forward but defensively they're so suspect especially with pace which the 3rd goal came from.

They're lucky it's only 3 the Leverkusen keeper has made 2 top drawer saves. They are very good going forward but defensively they're so suspect especially with pace which the 3rd goal came from.
that 7 for wolfsburg has been a handful, shame his finishing has been a bit off or they'd be 5 up.

Hopefully they play like this if we’ve to play the 2nd leg :D 4-0 and should be more

if the europa league does get back into action then a display like this gives me a tiny tiny tiny bit of hope

It's Bundesliga - it's the norm. Lot of inconsistent teams who are capable of throwing in absolute howlers, defending abysmal - makes for a better watch than many Premier League matches but overall standard miles away.

Regarding Crowds, this would have been as tame a Bundesliga match as you will get on that front.

Reactions: cav
im pretty sure i heard the commentator said that more away teams had won since closed doors than home teams have.
Maybe harder for home teams to adapt to, although it will still be strange for both sets of players.

Must affect them all, running out the tunnel to nothing and then trying to get up for it.

It's Bundesliga - it's the norm. Lot of inconsistent teams who are capable of throwing in absolute howlers, defending abysmal - makes for a better watch than many Premier League matches but overall standard miles away.

Regarding Crowds, this would have been as tame a Bundesliga match as you will get on that front.

Also the reason why Bayern win ever year. They can be consistent . No one else in that league can

True, very little Squad depth overall - Red Bull will be torn apart soon and another Challenger heavily weakened.

It’s what I don’t get . Why do the challengers sell their best players to Bayern. Surely if your wanting success then Bayern could offer all the money in the world you turn it down if your Leverkusen , Dortmund or Leipzig

It’s what I don’t get . Why do the challengers sell their best players to Bayern. Surely if your wanting success then Bayern could offer all the money in the world you turn it down if your Leverkusen , Dortmund or Leipzig

Can't afford it really, Leipzig are purely a Business really although they play amazing Football and in terms of recruitment and development they are up there with the best in Europe - you could argue Rangnick made Kimmich more than Guardiola in a way. Personally I think Dortmund could be far greedier off the pitch but are a bit too nice, unlike Bayern who will take any opportunity at all to make money/get investment.

Last edited:
Looks like the closed door effect is having problems with getting home teams motivated watched a few games where after it goes 0-1 the home team look as if they have chucked it

On the link is the first match day in 2020, if you click on "nachster spieltag" it will run you through all match days to the present. There ain't that many home wins really.

As the home/away tables show:

Reactions: cav

It's Leipzigs business model, and in regrds to BvB they nearly went bust in 2005 so ever since them they have always spent well but ultimately won't be anywhere near Bayern financially.

Remember that while a lot of clubs in Germany are big, Bayern are still massive and by far the biggest club in the country. They really are a super club and that's why players like Lewandowski will always want to move up the ladder to Bayern.

^ Absolutely. I don’t even try to pick winners from German football, usually btts as most of the time the teams can’t defend worth a shite

Is the German league normally played at the pace these games are being played at or is it down to the fact they’ve just came back from a break?

I dont see much of this league in normal circumstances and always here about how good a Dortmund are, I have seen them a good few times now over the last couple years and they always flatter to deceive.

I don't watch 'other football' normally, maybe the EPL only because of having a squad in FPL. I tried the earlier game tonight Bayern v Dortmund and found it difficult to watch eventually stopped watching and would flick back to it now and again just to see the score.
I've found out a lot about myself regarding football, always thought I was a pure football fan but in reality it is only the crowd and atmosphere that attracts me to it.

World Cups and Euros and some 'big games' in the CL gets my attention but I think if those played BCD I wouldn't bother.

In saying that, if it comes to Rangers BCD I'll definitely watch that.

I don't watch 'other football' normally, maybe the EPL only because of having a squad in FPL. I tried the earlier game tonight Bayern v Dortmund and found it difficult to watch eventually stopped watching and would flick back to it now and again just to see the score.
I've found out a lot about myself regarding football, always thought I was a pure football fan but in reality it is only the crowd and atmosphere that attracts me to it.

World Cups and Euros and some 'big games' in the CL gets my attention but I think if those played BCD I wouldn't bother.

In saying that, if it comes to Rangers BCD I'll definitely watch that.

To be honest I think a lot of people would struggle if they brought Football Crowds back but all Pubs were still closed. Would hit a few things home. Most of my Football is watched in Germany where 4 out of 5 matches I can get a pint when I want and stand, back home in Britain it's so different, especially if I have to sit and cannot get a beer for at least 2 hours while at the match - find it really placid most of the time.

It was a shame we couldn’t shake off our poor form when we played them. They were a good team and Havertz was excellent but I think we could have beaten them on our day.

It's Leipzigs business model, and in regrds to BvB they nearly went bust in 2005 so ever since them they have always spent well but ultimately won't be anywhere near Bayern financially.

Remember that while a lot of clubs in Germany are big, Bayern are still massive and by far the biggest club in the country. They really are a super club and that's why players like Lewandowski will always want to move up the ladder to Bayern.

Yeah but right now if your talking terms of finance I bet a lot of outsiders and most non rangers fans in scotlsnd would say Celtic are far richer and have far more money than rangers. So if we adopted Dortmund’s model we should just sell them our best players and be ok with it . I just don’t get it no matter how much Bayern offer I don’t think Dortmund should be selling them anyone just like we wouldn’t sell Celtic anyone no matter the price . (Unless they want to give us 5 million for barker then I’ll make an exception)

He’s very highly rated over there, valued between 15-20 mil. I remember him playing a blinder for Newcastle after us also.

I mind I watched him for our reserves up at Dumbarton's ground. Couldn't kick his own arse and looked out his depth at that level.

That tells me why I'm not a scout.

I mind I watched him for our reserves up at Dumbarton's ground. Couldn't kick his own arse and looked out his depth at that level.

That tells me why I'm not a scout.
An injury prone 18 year old kid coming from a premier league academy to a waterlogged Starks park for a game of red-ar*e. I wonder why it never worked out ;)

Yeah but right now if your talking terms of finance I bet a lot of outsiders and most non Rangers fans in scotlsnd would say Celtic are far richer and have far more money than Rangers. So if we adopted Dortmund’s model we should just sell them our best players and be ok with it . I just don’t get it no matter how much Bayern offer I don’t think Dortmund should be selling them anyone just like we wouldn’t sell Celtic anyone no matter the price . (Unless they want to give us 5 million for barker then I’ll make an exception)

Dortmund v Bayern isn't that big of a rivalry though. Dortmund are really just best of the rest at the moment. It would be more like comparing Aberdeen being third behind us and still selling us players.

Dortmund v Bayern isn't that big of a rivalry though. Dortmund are really just best of the rest at the moment. It would be more like comparing Aberdeen being third behind us and still selling us players.

I thought the spfl was boring only having 2 teams realistically in with a chance of winning . So sad that one of the major leagues in Europe only has one team that really cares about winning week in week out year in year out

Back