Levy - new catering partner tasting session through MyGers

Wouldn't be difficult improving the disgraceful shit on offer for years.

Thankfully it looks like a big improvement is on the way.

Good service, good quality and reasonable prices and fans will use the service.
If its the same shite service and poor food and over inflated prices it will be pointless
The food in the video looks a step up in quality, if it can be maintained on matchday.

Good service is down to the provider to deliver. We won't know until matchday 1 I guess.

Reasonable prices? Well , I guess its down to your interpretation of 'reasonable'. Personally I'd argue you are never going to get a 'reasonable' price inside any sporting or entertainment venue. If I'm near Ibrox and hungry I choose to go to the local chippie because I know I'm going to get a pie supper for the price of a pie alone inside Ibrox. Its basically the same at any such venue. Its over-priced now and it will be over-priced in the future.

The food in the video looks a step up in quality, if it can be maintained on matchday.

Good service is down to the provider to deliver. We won't know until matchday 1 I guess.

Reasonable prices? Well , I guess its down to your interpretation of 'reasonable'. Personally I'd argue you are never going to get a 'reasonable' price inside any sporting or entertainment venue. If I'm near Ibrox and hungry I choose to go to the local chippie because I know I'm going to get a pie supper for the price of a pie alone inside Ibrox. Its basically the same at any such venue. Its over-priced now and it will be over-priced in the future.
Can maybe accept current prices if the standard of food service you get is decent but as described in my previous post the hotdog and warm coke for £8 is a just a piss take and it puts fans off

Can maybe accept current prices if the standard of food service you get is decent but as described in my previous post the hotdog and warm coke for £8 is a just a piss take and it puts fans off
I'd like to think you were right and prices would, at the very least, remain stable mate. However, its a fact of life that everything, anywhere, is currently going up in price. Be it petrol, energy or food. There just doesn't seem, to me, to be any reason to expect that we will not see that reflect in prices at Ibrox.

I'm done on this now as we are detracting away from today's preview. We will find out the pricing soon enough I guess.

I’m struggling to see how they produce that on matchday, all well and good putting something together for a small tasting session, let’s see how the cope producing for 50k people.

Blows my mind that anyone can criticise the examples of the new stadium food that’s posted above, but it is FF and there’s always some gloomy grumpy bastard to moan about something - some goes for the ‘it wouldn’t hard to look better’ crew.

Looks about a million times better than the stuff that’s currently served.

Why are so many people thinking 50k people will be eating? It will be a fraction of that, no reason the food can't look like that. Seen pictures of Spurs food on match day and it looks great.

Very rarely eat in any stadium but it's good to have a decent option. Must be 15 years from I got a burger in Ibrox and it was utterly brutal.

Hopefully we get some improvements in terms of choice and quality.
Quicker service too would be good.
Prices will be high as they are in an arena with a active audience.

They do Leicester, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea and others. Also SECC and Hydro. Ibrox is first football stadium in Scotland.

They will have digital screens at kiosks with menu and prices etc.

Scotch, steak and mac cheese pies will stay from old menu as they were the best sellers. Adding a Chicken balti pie to that too.

Food all made by levy, which is why they can get premium item at lower price than if they just bought in the items

Some of the items were:

Levy beef burger, they maintained it was juicy which it was. Has some plant based content to keep it moist they said.
Plant based nacho dog, cheese sauce chilli, mushroom protein.

Plant based mushroom “Shroom” burger, good but not for me
Katsu chicken burger - chicken from farm just outside Bristol - was excellent.

Proper meaty sausage rolls!!!

Everything was really good, as it looks in the pics.
I hammered the point that they need to have the service to match the food. They said they will. We shall see.

Might not be full menu available for West Ham but they will build on it game by game.

Looks like Rangers actually picked a half decent package.

Anyone who was there take the food quality with a pinch of salt. They gather all the top brass from Compass to produce presentations like that and it’s a real good show.

I actually had a big suspicion that they would be involved in Rangers, I was told late last year that part of my training course I would be travelling down to Villa park and later down the line ‘a football stadium in Scotland’ to manage shifts as part of the training course.

What could of been if I stuck that job out :D

Back