Lewandowski

Lewandowski is rightly held in very high regard by everyone but is still somehow underrated imo.

Debatably the best 9 of his generation, top 3 at the very least.

Would’ve almost certainly won the Ballon d’Or this year. Up there with the best seasons of peak Messi and Ronaldo for me - at least when it comes to numbers anyway.

I don’t get you mate. You’ve admitted you’re not a Rangers fan but you seem to have cropped up on a Rangers forum for no reason other than to gush over England players, it’s weird.

P.S - The notion that Kane is anywhere near Lewandowski is embarrassing and anyone who has watched both players regularly would know this. But premier league fans tend to think the world of elite football doesn’t exist beyond the English borders. I’ll wager Lewandowski speaks better English than Kane too.

The difference between us is that you're sad and bitter that I rate a few English players and think they have a promising team. That upsets you a lot which is why you're always calling me out on it. Not that I mind, I find it amusing if anything. But so far you have presumed I'm an England fan, a Manchester United fan... Never change.

I don’t get you mate. You’ve admitted you’re not a Rangers fan but you seem to have cropped up on a Rangers forum for no reason other than to gush over England players, it’s weird.

P.S - The notion that Kane is anywhere near Lewandowski is embarrassing and anyone who has watched both players regularly would know this. But premier league fans tend to think the world of elite football doesn’t exist beyond the English borders. I’ll wager Lewandowski speaks better English than Kane too.

So you'll just ignore his goalscoring record then which does indeed compare with Lewandowski's?

The fact that you even mention how he speaks only confirms that you're likely to be a spotty and childish 18 year old virgin.

A league with Munich, Dortmund, Leverkusen and Leipzig can hardly be described as mediocre. :)

Ask someone what the best league in the world is and the answer would generally be La Liga and the Premier League. Nobody sane would say the Bundesliga. The defending in Germany is borderline comical.

The last comment Hahahaha :))

I outlined my top 5 strikers the other day in a thread. Lewandowski is number 1 comfortably, Kane arguably is in the top 5. Lewandowski is streets ahead, which is no slight on Kane.

You seldom get strikers like Lewandowski these days.

Kane is definitely a better dribbler.

Especially in his interviews.

Unbelievable player. But let's remember he plays for by far the best side in Germany in a league that is pretty mediocre on the whole. The likes of Aguero and Kane would score even more goals than they do for their clubs if either played for Bayern. He is the best number 9 in the world though regardless.

Bundesliga mediocre?
Heard it all now.

Of all the so-called 'top' leagues, England would be 4th or 5th.

Spain, Italy, Germany are all better than England.

England is well marketed so, like the X Factor and Love Island, it appeals to those with low cognitive abilities and poor social prospects.

The notion that Lewandowski wouldn't be as prolific in a league where 34-year-old Jamie Vardy is the top goalscorer is farcical rubbish.

England is well marketed so, like the X Factor and Love Island, it appeals to those with low cognitive abilities and poor social prospects.

The notion that Lewandowski wouldn't be as prolific in a league where 34-year-old Jamie Vardy is the top goalscorer is farcical rubbish.

The mighty Prem that has seen guys like Gary Caldwell captain teams.

It’s borderline clockwork orange stuff the way the English brainwash their fans into thinking their football is the be-all and end-all. If another league has something the PL doesn’t have or has a better player or team, discredit it. Shout farmers league and “my Nan could play there” from the rooftops and everything will be all better.

As for Lewandowski, very few players have such a high consistency of making the right decision so often it’s near robotic. My dad said last night it’s like watching someone play fives who’s miles better than everyone else. Just pure composure.

Wonderful striker who has consistently scored goals for nearly 15 years; 10 years at the highest level.

304 goals in 438 games at club level.
61 goals in 112 games for Poland.

I outlined my top 5 strikers the other day in a thread. Lewandowski is number 1 comfortably, Kane arguably is in the top 5. Lewandowski is streets ahead, which is no slight on Kane.

You seldom get strikers like Lewandowski these days.

How is he streets ahead when their goalscoring record is pretty similar, and that's depsite Kane playing in a harder league with a far less superior team. If Kane played for Bayern his record would obviously be even better than it is for club.

Lewandowski is the best striker in the world. Better than Aguero and Kane etc. But to say Kane isn't near to his level is just the usual anti everything English nonsense spouted here.

How is he streets ahead when their goalscoring record is pretty similar, and that's depsite Kane playing in a harder league with a far less superior team. If Kane played for Bayern his record would obviously be even better than it is for club.

Lewandowski is the best striker in the world. Better than Aguero and Kane etc. But to say Kane isn't near to his level is just the usual anti everything English nonsense spouted here.
You are far too touchy on the subject of English football mate, i say that respectfully. Lewandowski is miles ahead of Kane, a fully fit Aguero is fairly better than Kane for starters.

You are far too touchy on the subject of English football mate, i say that respectfully. Lewandowski is miles ahead of Kane, a fully fit Aguero is fairly better than Kane for starters.

Miles ahead but his record doesn't suggest that. Nobody here seems to like facts or figures.

I saw a stat somewhere that showed Lewandowski is 2nd only to Messi in terms of goal involvement (scoring/assists) out of the top 5 leagues these past couple of seasons.

Impressive. Most impressive.

Miles ahead but his record doesn't suggest that. Nobody here seems to like facts or figures.
Here's a stat, Kane has scored 6 goals in 5 champions league games this season. lewandowski has scored 7 more in 2 more games. Happy ?.

I saw a stat somewhere that showed Lewandowski is 2nd only to Messi in terms of goal involvement (scoring/assists) out of the top 5 leagues these past couple of seasons.

Impressive. Most impressive.
Aye pub league but mate, hasn't done it in the overhyped money league.

Here's a stat, Kane has scored 6 goals in 5 champions league games this season. lewandowski has scored 7 more in 2 more games. Happy ?.

Here's another one. One plays for a very mediocre side, the other for possibly the second or third best team in the world.

How many chances to score does Lewandowski get in your average game over Harry Kane?

Here's another one. One plays for a very mediocre side, the other for possibly the second or third best team in the world.

How many chances to score does Lewandowski get in your average game over Harry Kane?
Using chances is a vague barometer, better strikers get better chances through movement and anticipation. Not just having good team mates, it's why the "Goal scorers will score at any level" argument is nonsense. For example see Alfie and Cummings. One had erratic finishing but got lots of chances, one generally scored but got fewer chances. Due to one being an all round better striker.

Are you going to suggest Jamie Vardy is better than Lewandowski or your beloved Danny Ings ?. They have decent goal tallies playing in very mediocre teams.

Your argument is futile, because one plays in a better team then he can't be much better. Kane is better than Suarez, Suarez plays in a better team than Spurs for example.

The difference between us is that you're sad and bitter that I rate a few English players and think they have a promising team. That upsets you a lot which is why you're always calling me out on it. Not that I mind, I find it amusing if anything. But so far you have presumed I'm an England fan, a Manchester United fan... Never change.

The difference is I’m a Rangers fan on a Rangers forum where I talk about my team with fellow Rangers fans. You’re a weird premier league fanboy who doesn’t support Rangers but hangs around on a Rangers forum to gush over England players and get angry and throw insults around at anyone who doesn’t rate them as highly as you would like (not sure how you even get away with it to be perfectly honest).

I mean you don’t contribute anything other than to get deeply offended any time someone doesn’t rate Kane, Sterling, Greenwood, Henderson or *insert any England footballer* as highly as you would like. That’s really not normal, it’s very strange behaviour and yet you’re trying to call me a spotty virgin? Go away and sign up for Red, White and Kop or somewhere with like minded individuals, you’ll save yourself a lot of anger, possibly an ulcer, and it’s a better way to spend your time than slinging insults at Rangers supporters.

Using chances is a vague barometer, better strikers get better chances through movement and anticipation. Not just having good team mates, it's why the "Goal scorers will score at any level" argument is nonsense. For example see Alfie and Cummings. One had erratic finishing but got lots of chances, one generally scored but got fewer chances. Due to one being an all round better striker.

Are you going to suggest Jamie Vardy is better than Lewandowski or your beloved Danny Ings ?. They have decent goal tallies playing in very mediocre teams.

I'd you don't agree or acknowledge that Lewandowski's record is helped by the fact he plays in a very good and dominant

Your argument is futile, because one plays in a better team then he can't be much better. Kane is better than Suarez, Suarez plays in a better team than Spurs for example.

If you don't agree or at least acknowledge that Lewandowski's record is helped by the fact he plays for a very good and dominant (I'm Germany) Bayern side then there really is no point.

There shouldn't be any doubt that Kane would score as many goals as Lewandowski if he played as Bayern's main man up top. Yet apparently he's nowhere near his level? Behave.
The difference is I’m a Rangers fan on a Rangers forum where I talk about my team with fellow Rangers fans. You’re a weird premier league fanboy who doesn’t support Rangers but hangs around on a Rangers forum to gush over England players and get angry and throw insults around at anyone who doesn’t rate them as highly as you would like (not sure how you even get away with it to be perfectly honest).

I mean you don’t contribute anything other than to get deeply offended any time someone doesn’t rate Kane, Sterling, Greenwood, Henderson or *insert any England footballer* as highly as you would like. That’s really not normal, it’s very strange behaviour and yet you’re trying to call me a spotty virgin? Go away and sign up for Red, White and Kop or somewhere with like minded individuals, you’ll save yourself a lot of anger, possibly an ulcer, and it’s a better way to spend your time than slinging insults at Rangers supporters.

I talk about Rangers enough at work. What I do with my time here has nothing to do with you. If you don't like my posts, or the fact that I'm not bitter that England have some fantastic young footballers, then I suggest you use the block button.

I talk about Rangers enough at work. What I do with my time here has nothing to do with you. If you don't like my posts, or the fact that I'm not bitter that England have some fantastic young footballers, then I suggest you use the block button.

I suggest you heed your own advice and ignore people who don’t rate the likes of Kane as highly as you do rather than angrily slinging insults at Rangers fans. Of course by the time you’re done you’ll be shouting in an echo chamber with about 3 other people.

Danny Ings was being touted for the Balon D’or last week IIRC.
If you don't agree or at least acknowledge that Lewandowski's record is helped by the fact he plays for a very good and dominant (I'm Germany) Bayern side then there really is no point.

There shouldn't be any doubt that Kane would score as many goals as Lewandowski if he played as Bayern's main man up top. Yet apparently he's nowhere near his level? Behave.

Not even going to humour you anymore. I rate Kane very highly, not in the top 5 in the world though. Thus, not near Lewandowski. It ain’t hard.

Danny Ings was being touted for the Balon D’or last week IIRC.

Not even going to humour you anymore. I rate Kane very highly, not in the top 5 in the world though. Thus, not near Lewandowski. It ain’t hard.

Because you choose to just ignore his record or the fact that he plays for a much lesser club. If anything Kane's record is even more impressive when you consider the players he has around him compared to Lewandowski at club level. But you do you.

Champions league runners up last year

mediocre:)):))

Because you choose to just ignore his record or the fact that he plays for a much lesser club. If anything Kane's record is even more impressive when you consider the players he has around him compared to Lewandowski at club level. But you do you.
Must mean Immobile is the best in the world then, I only had him at number three.

Kane wouldn’t score as many club goals with Bayern as he wouldn’t get a game. Aguero is better than Kane as is Benzema.

However you want to put it, Kane is still one of the best strikers in the world. The fact that someone can place 4 or 5 others ahead of him doesn't take away from that. Or are world-class players only considered world-class now if you're in the top two or three?

Superb big player, great at everything a striker needs to do.

Oddly though, seems very ineffective at major international tournaments.

The holders of both European trophies are English and all 4 finalists were from England ffs :D

The league is probably overhyped but the only country who regularly outperform them on the highest stage is probably the Spanish league.

Some of the opinions on here make me embarrassed to be a Rangers fan and Scottish. Kane not world class. Greenwood Championship level. The Bundesliga and Serie A better than the EPL... And arguably the best one being Tavernier being a better player than Kyle Walker. Christ almighty.

Would’ve almost certainly won the Ballon d’Or this year. Up there with the best seasons of peak Messi and Ronaldo for me - at least when it comes to numbers anyway.

Would’ve depended on CL imho.
Bayern win = Lewandowski hands down.
Barca win = Messi hands down.
City win = possibly KdB
Any other = probably Lewandowski.

Lewandowski: 53 goals and 8 assists from 44 games.

Messi: 31 goals and 26 assists from 43 games.

Yes Lewandowski won his domestic league but it seems pretty tough for Bayern not to win it. Barca on the other hand have been a relative shambles throughout despite Messi’s brilliance.

(peak Messi 73 goals and 35 assists in 60 games in 11/12 )

Back