Lewis Ferguson

He did the only job he could do, played a much bigger part than Jack and tried to drive his team.

I’m not his biggest fan.
He was embarrassing- his first touch is so bad his second touch is usually a bad tackle

Dreadful footballer

Said it in the in the second half when he tried to half Jack, and Jack just walked past him.

He’s not the quality required and as other have said if he wasn’t in the Ferguson family it wouldn’t even be a debate.

Lets just say if he was wearing a Rangers strip today he would have taken the heat of Morelos.. According to this forum.
Don’t think he would bring anything different to us.

Ryan Jack, Glen Kamara and Steven Davis are all better players than him. We have no need for him, and as others mentioned it’s a dynamic box-to-box midfielder we need more than anything, especially to link the play with Aribo.

He was embarrassing- his first touch is so bad his second touch is usually a bad tackle

Dreadful footballer

I think he’s okay and he’s very young. Did what his manager asked of him and went through aribo a few times to keep him quite. Look at how week jack and kamara were when it turned more physical.

Like him. Had a poor game today.

When all said and done i dont think he would make our bench just now.

He's a mediocre player who is only mentioned as a potential signing because of the family link to the club

See his name linked with us all the time on here

Any time I see him play against us he's giving away stupid fouls

I dont see it either

Certainly strong and committed but at the moment at least he’s not skilled enough to play at a higher level. Does like a late dig, barge and push - a sheepy dream player.

I think he’s okay and he’s very young. Did what his manager asked of him and went through aribo a few times to keep him quite. Look at how week jack and kamara were when it turned more physical.
Awful - had zero impact on the game

He'd be booked every game if he was in a Rangers shirt and probably sent off every other game

Run of the mill spfl player

Good defensively but offers little else

To be fair he was all over Aribo and kept him quiet for large parts of the second half

Its hard to look good in that aberdeen team if im honest, the boy is 20 years old and a good player. He bullied aribo on a few occasions, would be interesting to see him at a team that could actually play football. Has all the attributes to make a good midfielder, look at Ryan Jacks transformation under Gerrard. Everyone just doesn’t like him due to him being abit of a wee n*b flying into tackles etc.

Was I right in seeing Goldson shouting to 'Buff' to get Ferguson back when he was off the pitch? It looked like Morelos had a bit of a push on Ferguson in the next stage of play.

I've never seen him play well. He is just your typical physical player with very little technical abilities. The only threat he poses is as another tall player at set plays which seems to be Aberdeens only tactic these days.

We need a bit more creativity in the middle of the park and Ferguson would offer nothing on that front.

I remember folk on our supporters bus saying the exact same things when we signed John Brown.

Ferguson was poor today. He is in a very inferior midfield who were totally outplayed so today he was reduced to tackling and defending.

I still think he is a snarling, committed box to box midfielder who at his age will progress to have a very good career. Not worth what Aberdeen would want for him, but regardless of how he played today he is a player who will do a good job for a bigger and better team than Aberdeen.

He's not helped in here by the family connection, which marks his card before he kicks a ball.

His barge on Goldson was sleekit and thugish - 88 mins on the clock. He is not looking at the ball at all - simply times it to catch Goldson when he's not in position to defend himself. Only reason he wasn't carded I think is that it was so late Madden didn't really see it properly as he was following the ball which was punted upfield.

I remember folk on our supporters bus saying the exact same things when we signed John Brown.

Ferguson was poor today. He is in a very inferior midfield who were totally outplayed so today he was reduced to tackling and defending.

I still think he is a snarling, committed box to box midfielder who at his age will progress to have a very good career. Not worth what Aberdeen would want for him, but regardless of how he played today he is a player who will do a good job for a bigger and better team than Aberdeen.

He's not helped in here by the family connection, which marks his card before he kicks a ball.
He is pish and a horrible prick

There has never been any reason for signing him !

He might be better than Aberdeen but he will never be good enough for Rangers

To be honest, I remember Brown as a very capable footballer who was good on the ball before we signed him.

I can't say I've seen anything like that ability from Ferguson.

His barge on Goldson was sleekit and thugish - 88 mins on the clock. He is not looking at the ball at all - simply times it to catch Goldson when he's not in position to defend himself. Only reason he wasn't carded I think is that it was so late Madden didn't really see it properly as he was following the ball which was punted upfield.
Wouldn’t get away with half the stuff he does if he played for us. And I like him as a player.

To be honest, I remember Brown as a very capable footballer who was good on the ball before we signed him.

I can't say I've seen anything like that ability from Ferguson.

When we signed Brown almost everyone I spoke to thought he was a thug who was nowhere near good enough for us.

I'm not saying Ferguson is close to as good, but I do think folk often just see the Ferguson name and enjoy calling him shite because of it. He isn't shite, he's a decent young player in a horrible team. Although he was rubbish today.
I'm sure he will go onto bigger things, but that won't be with us because he's not worth the money they would want and he isn't what the team needs to become champions.

He was everything Aberdeen did today, all over the park, aggressive and anti-football. Fouls, barges, lunges, out of control and as someone put it above, most of his 2nd touches were tackles. There is no way he is good enough for our midfield and would never stay on the park long enough to be of any use.
How the devil he managed to remain on the park today is beyond me. So many little things that, in a blue shirt, he would never get away with. And we know this from the treatment of Jack when he moved to us and the shit that ref's give Alfie in every game.

When we signed Brown almost everyone I spoke to thought he was a thug who was nowhere near good enough for us.

I'm not saying Ferguson is close to as good, but I do think folk often just see the Ferguson name and enjoy calling him shite because of it. He isn't shite, he's a decent young player in a horrible team. Although he was rubbish today.
I'm sure he will go onto bigger things, but that won't be with us because he's not worth the money they would want and he isn't what the team needs to become champions.

Maybe they were a bit bitter as Brown had a habit of scoring against us.

It was clear from his very first appearance that Brown was comfortably good enough to play for Rangers.

Mcinnes should be ashamed setting teams up to kick everything that moves. Dreadful manager and we're so lucky the prick said no to us,talk about dodging a bullet.

Which he doesn’t do much of vs Rangers

Meant to be a rangers fan? No chance! A rangers fan wouldn't go around kicking rangers players no matter what your fanny of a coach tells you.

When Barry Ferguson was his age coming through you could see he was a special player. I see no comparison with in the slightest with Lewis Ferguson. He was found wanting in midfield today and bettered by far better players. He’s at his level with Aberdeen.

Back