Lewis Ferguson

Other than the family connection to the club I fail to see what the attraction with this boy is. Just looks like a run of the mill SPL player to me,
There are some players you need to acknowledge if he played for us you'd love him.

Not him. Plays as a sneaky, snidey cheating little bastard. I'd hate it if we signed a wee cock like him.

Thought he looked better in his 1st season at Aberdeen when they let him attack more. Seem to be trying to turn him into graeme shinnie now. Not good enough for us anyway.

He is pish and a horrible prick

There has never been any reason for signing him !

He might be better than Aberdeen but he will never be good enough for Rangers
He'll end up at the mentally challengeds he played abs acted like one of them today

Think if you went upto him and said Boo he would fall over. His diving antics and rolling about are absolutely embarrassing. If he didn't have the connection to the club that he does then he would never be mentioned as a target for our club. He is nowhere near good enough.

I’ve got nothing against the young fella but I’ve never seen him play well ever. I don’t see any strengths in his game. No way is he even mentioned about a transfer if Barry wasn’t his uncle. If he goes any higher than the Sheep I’d be surprised.

I genuinely love this forum, but I doubt I've ever heard such insanity as comparing Ferguson with John Brown. Brown as a left back had been credited as scoring a hat trick for Hamilton Accies with no penalties, then went on to being an effective midfielder with Dundee, again with a creditable goals return. See a resemblance with Lewis Ferguson.? Me neither.

He's a useful player, not much more than that. Has the Ferguson nasty edge but not quite the skill.

He did the only job he could do, played a much bigger part than Jack and tried to drive his team.

I’m not his biggest fan.
Very sensible observation sir.
I think he had a good day and didn't emulate jack.
Also not a fan and was shocked? he wasn't booked.
Spent most of his time kicking us.
His only redeeming feature( sheep/footy view) was his desire to fight.

His old man dosnt want him to go to rangers because he knows he won't play Greg Docherty is a better player and can't get near the team cause he's not good enough! no thanks.

Kept a close eye on him yesterday, wasn't impressed at all. Not to say he's not a decent player, just not at the level we're looking at.

Wouldn't get near our starting 11

His old man dosnt want him to go to Rangers because he knows he won't play Greg Docherty is a better player and can't get near the team cause he's not good enough! no thanks.

Ferguson's is a better player than Docherty.

If Ferguson signed for Rangers everyone would love his work rate, tenacity, bite and ability to get about the park, put a foot in. It's regularly talked about on here that's what people think we lack.

I wouldn't judge him on one game, he was the best player in the Aberdeen side who barely play football. I still say he's got some good attributes that can be developed further - and will by moving to be better club with better players and style of football.

Does he improve our team, no. Do I want us to sign him, no.

Not really of the standard required for us moving forward, doesn’t have the footballing ability to match his aggression/physicality, (not to say it won’t come).

No chance he could do that for us every week and wouldn’t last thirty minutes in Europe.

Strangely I think the sheep is the best place for him right now - literally a perfect club.

Surprised at the responses on this thread , he’s a horrible player to play against, never gives up , and Would do a job for us , even for for the bench . Not sure if most saw the build up to the game today but he scored a goal against Hamilton from a free kick set piece ( hopefully somebody has the YouTube video ) his intelligence was miles ahead of anyone on the park.
If you want to sign him fair enough, not good enough in my eyes but could see how he could possibly bring something.

However the comment on intelligence is miles off. He completely lacks intelligence - headless chicken stuff

Falls over when players brush against him and kicks everything that moves, all he needs is a skinhead and to master the look left pass right and the Scott Brown cloning will be complete.

If his name was Lewis Smith or Jones, he would never have once been linked with Rangers.

He’s a poor man’s Shinnie.

Like Shinnie, he was brought up with Rangers in his life and like Shinnie oncevdid, he bursts his balls against Rangers.

I haven’t watched him against anyone else but I have not seen his name linked with a move anywhere else so maybe there is a reason for that.

I think he is doing what his manager asks of him, I can't say he has ever stood out but the sheep by pass the midfield so difficult to tell, not for me but who knows how good he would be if ever asked to play football, quite sad really.

Quite clearly told to stick to Aribo after HT.

Only time he was visible was when he was acting the hard man.

I'm not ripping into him because I'm assuming he's a bear. But he certainly wouldn't get a place in this team

EDIT: Also meant to say the sheep would want pretty much the same price we paid for Hagi.

In every way, it's a no deal

Ferguson's is a better player than Docherty.

If Ferguson signed for Rangers everyone would love his work rate, tenacity, bite and ability to get about the park, put a foot in. It's regularly talked about on here that's what people think we lack.

I wouldn't judge him on one game, he was the best player in the Aberdeen side who barely play football. I still say he's got some good attributes that can be developed further - and will by moving to be better club with better players and style of football.

Does he improve our team, no. Do I want us to sign him, no.

I do think we lack that type of player, however that’s not what I see when I watch him, it’s not tenacity he’s just a horrible wee thug who’d spend the majority of his time suspended if we ever signed him.

Kevin Thomson was tenacious and had bite, Ferguson couldn’t lace his boots.

If the referee was doing his job yesterday he’d have been booked for his swipe at Aribo and sent off for his challenge on Goldson, he certainly wouldn’t have got away with them for us.

Other than the family connection to the club I fail to see what the attraction with this boy is. Just looks like a run of the mill SPL player to me,

There are certain players linked with us every pre season and ferguson sadly Seems to have fallen into this category

From Alan Smith to Robby Fowler to Chris Waddel , Vialli to Gary Macallister , the list is endless and now Louis Ferguson and other lesser players . Every single window - soul destroying nonsense .

maybe Jack and Kamara deserve credit. Oh wait a wee minute we cant do that. Maybe it was a coincidence that Ferguson was shit and Aberdeen had to sub his two companions in Bryson and Ojo.

I always watch other Scotland teams midfield against Celtic to see if they have what it takes to be a Ranger.

After McGinn the only player that has come close is Scott Allan. Scotland other midfielders to date are lacking imho.

I remember folk on our supporters bus saying the exact same things when we signed John Brown.

Ferguson was poor today. He is in a very inferior midfield who were totally outplayed so today he was reduced to tackling and defending.

I still think he is a snarling, committed box to box midfielder who at his age will progress to have a very good career. Not worth what Aberdeen would want for him, but regardless of how he played today he is a player who will do a good job for a bigger and better team than Aberdeen.

He's not helped in here by the family connection, which marks his card before he kicks a ball.
Souness signed Bomber because he liked the qualities he seen in him by feck he wasn’t wrong,as far as I know I don’t think Gerrard has ever commented on Ferguson now if he decides to buy him I will trust his football knowledge.

He must’ve been brought up on his da’s vhs collection watching Roy Aitken rugby tackling and bundling people to the ground.

The fact that he has even been talked about epitomises everything that is wrong with Scottish football. I would be genuinely taken aback if Gerrard were to be remotely interested in him.

Might not be good enough but was his niggling fouls that knocked us of our stride. Out midfield still can’t hack it. We need an enforcer in the middle. All our good teams had them. Just my opinion. Look going and getting three points up there take it every week. Lucky they had nothing up front or we could have been punished.

Not really of the standard required for us moving forward, doesn’t have the footballing ability to match his aggression/physicality, (not to say it won’t come).

No chance he could do that for us every week and wouldn’t last thirty minutes in Europe.

Strangely I think the sheep is the best place for him right now - literally a perfect club.
Ferguson is a thug, that's how Aberdeen and the perennial loser Mcinnes want it to be. Like a vicious dog trained to be that way by its owner. I watched him at u21 for Scotland and he can play football.

He is a typical box to box midfielder - high energy, gets tackles in, gets in the opposition box but he's not going to spray passes around everywhere. I dont think there is a lot between him and a player like Greg Docherty. We'd have to pay a chunk of cash for him as well which is why I wouldn't consider him, but he's not as bad as some are making out.

You have to bear in mind that he is surrounded by poor players and the "brand" of football Aberdeen player is chronic. Bear in mind, most of this forum didn't think Ryan Jack was good enough, or ever would be, when he signed.

Might not be good enough but was his niggling fouls that knocked us of our stride. Out midfield still can’t hack it. We need an enforcer in the middle. All our good teams had them. Just my opinion. Look going and getting three points up there take it every week. Lucky they had nothing up front or we could have been punished.
We need an enforcer who can play. No point signing one who can’t pass the parcel.

He proved today why he shouldn’t be signed by us, he’s the darling of some of the Scottish press who promote him to be the next big thing down south. He’s a road runner (beep beep) and nothin* more.

A couple of times I’ve seen him he’s looked excellent however he seems to have regressed into an aggressive in your face type. I actually don’t know how good a footballer he is as he’s never given the chance to show it due to McInnes tactic’s.

Back