Lewis Ferguson

Adds nothing to our team or our style, we have enough squad players and he's no better than any of them and certainly nowhere near a starter for us.

Might not be good enough but was his niggling fouls that knocked us of our stride. Out midfield still can’t hack it. We need an enforcer in the middle. All our good teams had them. Just my opinion. Look going and getting three points up there take it every week. Lucky they had nothing up front or we could have been punished.
You think he'd get away with those niggling fouls in a blue shirt?

Hes shite and the amount of times he flies in 2 footed, late or studs up is crazy. He would get more reds than Morelos.
The same goes for Cosgrove, he wouldn't be able to play the way he does for us. He would be off every game.
Neither of them are good enough anyway.

Meant to be a Rangers fan? No chance! A Rangers fan wouldn't go around kicking Rangers players no matter what your fanny of a coach tells you.
That’s nonsense. What do you think happens in training everyday? Good teams knock lumps out of each other.

Ranked a solid 7.5/10 in the "John McGinn running aboot a bit" stakes.

As a footballer ? Not for me.

He's an example of why Scottish football is going backwards. Will end up in the international team and he's not got a shred of quality.

I don’t think he’s currently good enough for our team. I do expect him to be a very good player by the time he’s about 25. Totally different to Barry and Derek but quite similar to Ian (after Souness decided he was to go down the physical route). We do lack a player that will get in the opposition‘s faces and he could do a job where required, but he’d be better off going to England for a few years. He was Aberdeen’s best player yesterday including the niggly stuff. No one would complain if he left one on a Celtic player and got away with it.

Lewis Ferguson is an effective player for a diddy team like Aberdeen. He fits in to their hammer thrower style.
He doesn't have anywhere near the technical ability to play for us.

The same goes for Cosgrove, he wouldn't be able to play the way he does for us. He would be off every game.
Neither of them are good enough anyway.
I dont get the fascination some of our fans have with Cosgrove. He's just a big clogger that scores loads of penalties. People go on about his scoring record. 23 goals last season in all competitions, 10 of which were penalties. He only scored 8 from open play in the league.

When I remember Derek and Barry coming through at Rangers they had the wow factor, young Lewis still has a bit to go to catch up. He is raw at the moment playing in a pish Aberdeen team but should be standing out, ok yesterday was first game of the season.

I'm not impressed
I've no idea what he'd be like in another team with better tactics & more quality players around him - it 's possible- although unlikely- he could be molded into a better player
But going on what I've seen - I wouldn't like to take on that task

Sometimes I think he’s a decent player then you look at yesterday’s performance and he hardly got a sniff. That was with our midfield nae at there best either

I dont get the fascination some of our fans have with Cosgrove. He's just a big clogger that scores loads of penalties. People go on about his scoring record. 23 goals last season in all competitions, 10 of which were penalties. He only scored 8 from open play in the league.
I always say this, imagine Alfie took all the penalties!

I mean if we purely want to sign someone to run around like a headless chicken and try to injure people then fine.

He’s extremely ordinary.

A couple of times I’ve seen him he’s looked excellent however he seems to have regressed into an aggressive in your face type. I actually don’t know how good a footballer he is as he’s never given the chance to show it due to McInnes tactic’s.
I was surprised and how good he was on the ball watching Scotland u21s as you say you don't see it due to McInnes tactics

Genuinely don’t see anything but an absolute fud when I watch him, runs about mad with very little technical ability.

We have better midfielders that can’t get a game IMO

Ability wise, he has no real discernible qualities - and that's not to say he's shite - it's just that he's evidently an Aberdeen level player, at best.
Football really isn't complicated. Ferguson is a good footballer, and very much under rated on here- He can take a set piece; he can tackle; he can pass the ball; he can run with it; and he has a great attitude from what I can see-that tackle at the end to get something on the ball was of a player with a hunger to give his all. To deny any of this of a player, who at 20 is a main player of one of the leading sides in a top division and with obvious potential, is blinkered.

Last edited:
I think that player needs out of that team ASAP . He is being misled in how to play football .

But I don’t want him at Rangers , I’m just saying what I think is in his best interests . He should go overseas and learn how to play .

As the commentator mentioned the third best player in his family.
His dad was my favourite player for a time; unfair him to compare him to those two. Do we really know how good he is or could be unless he actually played for Rangers though? I think he has very good potential.

I think he’s a good young player, with plenty of space to develop and could do the job Jack does for us in a few years time. Problem is, at the moment we have far too many of those kinds of midfielder.
That could be the most crucial factor that means we won't sign him.

His dad was my favourite player for a time; unfair him to compare him to those two. Do we really know how good he is or could be unless he actually played for Rangers though? I think he has very good potential.
Whoever freed him from our youth team clearly didn’t think so.

Did I say we should sign him.
I didn’t think that you did mate. I was just saying that we need an enforcer which enhances our current offering. There’s no point getting rid of, say, Kamara from the starting lineup for example, because he has very little dig, and lose his passing ability only to replace him with a kicker who can ‘sort people out’.

Gerrard and his staff must be scouring the globe looking for such a player. All the top class ones who can pass as well as destroy, in all likelihood, won’t come to Scotland. I also think that he may well feel a little burned by the standard of players signed from other Scottish Premier League sides.

The question is, has he identified one who can cut it to a decent level here and in Europe who is willing to come?

He is a young player with time to develop. However I don't see any great skill base that will develop. He is a strong physical player but he definitely would not get away with the tackles he puts in with Aberdeen if he played with us. He will make a decent career maybe at Division 1 in England or lower level Championship team. Just not a player good enough for us and would not be even mentioned if it was not for his family commections.

Football really isn't complicated. Ferguson is a good footballer, and very much under rated on here- He can take a set piece; he can tackle; he can pass the ball; he can run with it; and he has a great attitude from what I can see-that tackle at the end to get something on the ball was of a player with a hunger to give his all. To deny any of this of a player, who at 20 is a main player of one of the leading sides in a top division and with obvious potential, is blinkered.
When Lewis starts running games for Aberdeen a la Jim Bett, I might be convinced to change my mind.

I’ll give you hunger and wholeheartedness. Other than that, he is distinctly ordinary.

I’m not saying we should be in for him by any means but people saying he’s rubbish all he does is run around kicking people etc do they not realise that’s what he’s been asked to do.

IMHO he would add nothing to our midfield and those sniping away at Jack need to pack it in as he does a lot of unselfish work and not slow to put a foot in!
I agree about Jack, he played quite well for much of the game.

Overplay , I don’t think he played at all , his only contributions were trying to wipe our players out , we have better in Docherty and Barjonas and they can’t get near the team.
So Aberdeen would be up for a swap of either those two for Ferguson?

But if McInnes rated him has highly as you he would be up for that?
Missing the point here , couldn’t care less what McInnes thinks it’s not relevant as Ferguson is a non starter.
Answer me this since you seem to rate him
How much would you pay , bearing in mind he is under contract and they won’t sell cheaply to us.
Whose place would he take in the team?

Back