Lewis Ferguson

Missing the point here , couldn’t care less what McInnes thinks it’s not relevant as Ferguson is a non starter.
answer me this since you seem to rate him
How much would you pay , bearing in mind he is under contract and they won’t sell cheaply to us.
Whose place would he take in the team?
I'm not sure; with Ferguson, at his age and lack Rangers type experience, we would be buying potential as a huge factor in what he is as a player. That would have to have some sort of a determining value on his price.

I'm not sure, with Ferguson, with his age and lack Rangers type experience, we would be buying potential as a huge factor in what he is as a player. That would have to have some sort of a determining value on his price.
Clearly we don’t have money to throw around at the moment to buy a squad filler , we have plenty at present.
We need to concentrate on players who can start week in week out.

He was shïte but he’s played better than that before.

He would not get away with half the stuff he does if he was playing with us and I think taking that away from him pretty much renders him useless.
I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Other than the family connection to the club I fail to see what the attraction with this boy is. Just looks like a run of the mill SPL player to me,

Should by all accounts be the last thread that links him to us once and for all.

At least 4 or 5 times he hit our players with cowardly tackles. Near the end when Aribo was shielding the ball in the corner he barges him in the back. Aribo ends up on the ground. It was right in front of the linesman who ignored it but gives a foul against Morelos.

At least 4 or 5 times he hit our players with cowardly tackles. Near the end when Aribo was shielding the ball in the corner he barges him in the back. Aribo ends up on the ground. It was right in front of the linesman who ignored it but gives a foul against Morelos.
He was a fraction late in ending Jack's season he fouls throughout the game and gets away with it for some reason especially against us.

He's benefitting from his surname! Certainly not good enough for Rangers.

I think he is a decent enough player however his consistent fouling and kicking folk would need to be addressed before I would consider him. Looks like he is angry at the world.

I think he is a decent enough player however his consistent fouling and kicking folk would need to be addressed before I would consider him. Looks like he is angry at the world.
Because he knows he doesn’t have the talent befitting the family name.

Said it for the last 2/3 seasons. He isn't better than what we have and considering what Aberdeen would want for him, we should stay way clear. Over rated hugely because of his name.

Knows how to kick opposing players the poorest of all the Fergusons.
I also think we need better than Jack and Kamara in our team.
Surely no one would disagree with the poorest of all the Ferguson's assessment
When you think what his father and uncle were doing at that age it's obvious he is way behind them
Players develop at different rates and it is possible he could come to us and grow as a player as Jack has done for example
I would not claim to be capable of judging that and I doubt anyone posting here can
I also doubt this is the sort of signing we should be focused on at the moment
We need to be signing players who can come in to the first team and have an impact
I've only ever seen him play against Rangers and based on that he's no better than Docherty

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Those who cant see a competitive highly competent young player who'll only get better in time really aren"t watching him closely enough.

He stopped aribo 2nd half and thr only occasions Aberdeen tried to get the ball down on the ground it was him demanding it and driving them forward. Only LF and the hernandez in that side looked like they could make it. The rest were terrible

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Those who cant see a competitive highly competent young player who'll only get better in time really aren"t watching him closely enough.

He stopped aribo 2nd half and thr only occasions Aberdeen tried to get the ball down on the ground it was him demanding it and driving them forward. Only LF and the hernandez in that side looked like they could make it. The rest were terrible
Problem is he’s not that good on the ball

Problem is he’s not that good on the ball

And that's the problem.

Continually gave possession away against us and just isn't close to Kamara or Jack, ability wise.

He simply doesn't have the technical ability to play in a side like ours, who dominate possession and take the game to the opposition.

And that's the problem.

Continually gave possession away against us and just isn't close to Kamara or Jack, ability wise.

He simply doesn't have the technical ability to play in a side like ours, who dominate possession and take the game to the opposition.
I know I’m astonished people think he would be good enough for our team.
He’s a good spfl player but nowhere good enough for us because as you say he’s bang average on the ball.
He’s on par with docherty for me and he can’t even get in our squads.
Add to the fact what sheep would want for him it’s a massive no from me.

I know I’m astonished people think he would be good enough for our team.
He’s a good spfl player but nowhere good enough for us because as you say he’s bang average on the ball.
He’s on par with docherty for me and he can’t even get in our squads.
Add to the fact what sheep would want for him it’s a massive no from me.

He's a different style of player to Doc for me, as in he's not as athletic about the park, but has more of a physical presence.

He can be danger at set pieces, but quite simply doesn't have close to the technical ability of Jack, Kamara, Davis, Aribo or Arfield.

Even the sheep fans are very critical of his passing ability and lack of creativity.

He's a different style of player to Doc for me, as in he's not as athletic about the park, but has more of a physical presence.

He can be danger at set pieces, but quite simply doesn't have close to the technical ability of Jack, Kamara, Davis, Aribo or Arfield.

Even the sheep fans are very critical of his passing ability and lack of creativity.
Agreed different players but Ferguson isn’t a upgrade on doc imo and doc isn’t good enough for us on the ball he isn’t technically good enough just like Ferguson.
Anyways it’s safe to say we aren’t going in for Ferguson it was all just paper talk.

Back