Lewis Ferguson

Mearns Ranger

Official Ticketer
I see this thug put in another studs up leg breaker at the weekend.
The only upside is that it was on Tony Watt.
I have to say though that I have an irrational dislike of this kid, and I really really hope we don’t sign him.
If he did sign, he’d have to lose probably the only asset I can see in him as he’d be red carded every game for us for the tackles he puts in.
Anybody else get annoyed at the sight of him? I think it stemmed from the shit with Shagger, but almost every time we’ve played them since, he’s done one of our players with at least one dirty tackle.
Sad, because he should be one we’re looking out for or hoping is good enough, but I really can’t stand him.

Feel exactly the same. For a supposed rangers man he certainly seems to hurt an awful lot of our players. I get the need to be professional i wouldnt mind if he scored or played well id understand but to try and injure our players or get them sent off is unforgivable for me. A la that wank broadfoot

We desperately need an enforcer type in midfield for certain games in this country , not against Braga and Porto , but going to Tamnadice , Easter Road and Pittodrie is exactly what we need .
We had one in Ross Mcrorie but was only needed for half a. Dozen games a season and wasn’t good enough on the ball for the remainder .

I think you’re hatred of him is a little irrational if I’m honest.

I don’t watch Aberdeen outwith our games and maybe some highlights, I don’t think he has the same reputation as Porteous for example, who deliberately tries to injure opponents.

Not advocating Ferguson as a possible signing for one minute, but we badly lack an enforcer type player in our midfield.

I can't say I've watched him play many times - what I have seen is mostly against us

He seems to me to be very one dimensional with not very much in his repertoire

It's not as if he shows potential to improve much either because he's only ever tasked with the one role at the sheep

Now I'm not going to say he isn't capable of improving technically but I'd hate to take the chance. If he can become someone's development project- I sincerely hope it's not with us

One thing that sticks in my mind was an overheard conversation with a dolly follower in a bar at least a season ago
Which went along the lines of '........oh no ....not Fergie again ......he's just a liability'

We desperately need an enforcer type in midfield for certain games in this country , not against Braga and Porto , but going to Tamnadice , Easter Road and Pittodrie is exactly what we need .

Yeah will be great for the 10 minutes they are on the park before getting sent off.

I was reading a sheep worrier forum a couple of weeks ago to see what they were saying about McCrorie and I found a lot of less than complementary stuff about Ferguson going missing in games etc. Not sure why some folk on here seem to rate him.

I have to say though that I have an irrational dislike of this kid, and I really really hope we don’t sign him.
If he did sign, he’d have to lose probably the only asset I can see in him as he’d be red carded every game for us for the tackles he puts in.
Anybody else get annoyed at the sight of him? I think it stemmed from the shit with Shagger, but almost every time we’ve played them since, he’s done one of our players with at least one dirty tackle.
Sad, because he should be one we’re looking out for or hoping is good enough, but I really can’t stand him.
I agree on everything you say. I share the irrational dislike of the boy.

We won’t be signing hi. Not our level, even accounting for the family connections.

I think you’re hatred of him is a little irrational if I’m honest.

I don’t watch Aberdeen outwith our games and maybe some highlights, I don’t think he has the same reputation as Porteous for example, who deliberately tries to injure opponents.

Not advocating Ferguson as a possible signing for one minute, but we badly lack an enforcer type player in our midfield.
I agree on Porteous being a dirty bastard, but the way Ferguson tackles, lunging, straight legged, studs up etc, there’s nothing other than intent to injure when he tackles.

Ross McCrorie - who isn't good enough for Rangers - is already better than him.

Discussion over.
Ferguson is just hitting his developing years and seems to be getting better , McCrorie in his developing years hasn’t improved any

The only worth he would have if he had leg breakers on the scum, brown would be the first one,

without signing him of course, he can do it from sheepsville,

complete run of the mill player at best who should only get into Ibrox if he pays to watch, alongside his dad and uncle
I can think of a few Celtic players before the ineffective Lego muncher to hurt

Hopefully he dishes some of the same out to Drey Wright, given how he deliberately tried to put Kent in hospital on several occasions. I know none of our current midfielders would.

We had one in Ross Mcrorie but was only needed for half a. Dozen games a season and wasn’t good enough on the ball for the remainder .
I might get shot down in flames , but I think he could have done a job in games at Pittodrie , Easter Road etc. with the right players around him .
Its time to move on from that but we need someone with strength in middle of park

I think the lad has a lot of potential, from memory his numbers are not to bad considering he plays for Aberdeen.

Probably not the answer just now for us but could be in the next season or two.

Not good enough for us and if he is as thuggish as made out then we'd be paying to warm a seat in the stand.

Back