Lewis Ferguson

We desperately need an enforcer type in midfield for certain games in this country , not against Braga and Porto , but going to Tamnadice , Easter Road and Pittodrie is exactly what we need .
For sure we do but no way will they get away with anything remotely like others.

He wouldn’t hide and be the shrinking violet type. Which is an accusation you could throw at a few of our midfielders.

Someone with his aggression, athleticism and drive along with someone with a bit of quality and power would do it for me.

Need defensive midfielders who can dominate the pitch, drive us forward, and control the pace of the game. Once we scored the 2nd on Sunday goal we should have slowed that game down and not give Hibs an inch.

I know Lewis would be an excellent addition to our team

He has the dig And work rate and background to be a star for us

sign him

Ross McCrorie plays the same role as him and is now showing he is by far the better of the 2 and he was not good enough.

That alone should end all discussions of Ferguson.

I've changed my mind on him recently, I'd sign him. He's not perfect but still very young and will offer battle. For a reasonable offer of say circa £1.5m I'd go for it. Gerrard will not bring in the midfielder we need, all his midfield focus has been on finesse, he's never recognised the need to go to war.

I was reading a sheep worrier forum a couple of weeks ago to see what they were saying about McCrorie and I found a lot of less than complementary stuff about Ferguson going missing in games etc. Not sure why some folk on here seem to rate him.
I honestly think some folk have him down as being our version of the lego eater in their heads. He'll put himself about and smirk/snarl at folk.

Difference is, he'd be permanently suspended at us, and even before that was taken into consideration, he's a shite footballer.

I see this thug put in another studs up leg breaker at the weekend.
The only upside is that it was on Tony Watt.
I have to say though that I have an irrational dislike of this kid, and I really really hope we don’t sign him.
If he did sign, he’d have to lose probably the only asset I can see in him as he’d be red carded every game for us for the tackles he puts in.
Anybody else get annoyed at the sight of him? I think it stemmed from the shit with Shagger, but almost every time we’ve played them since, he’s done one of our players with at least one dirty tackle.
Sad, because he should be one we’re looking out for or hoping is good enough, but I really can’t stand him.
Why irrational?

Ross McCrorie - who isn't good enough for Rangers - is already better than him.

Discussion over.
100%agree still don't understand why Gerrard goes from saying he's a future Rangers captain to letting him go to the sheep never ever let us down

Absolute garbage,we’ll see who’s rated best for Aberdeen at the end of the season
We will see and like I said Ferguson is still developing , what is he almost 2 years younger , compare the 2 of them in 2 years time , Ferguson is constantly improving his game he was also young player of the year what was the last award McCrorie won ? McCrorie never developed from when he first broke into the team

Our fans are bonkers.
Lewis ferguson is dug meat, even the Aberdeen fans think he's rotten ffs
The boy Campbell at motherwell is better and I wouldn't sign him either.

What we need is a young Steven Davis, a player who has loads of energy and can go box to box, track runners etc but also be a good footballer aswell.

As others have said McCrorie looks far better than ferguson the now and looks to be establishing himself as the main man in that Aberdeen team

We will see and like I said Ferguson is still developing , what is he almost 2 years younger , compare the 2 of them in 2 years time , Ferguson is constantly improving his game he was also young player of the year what was the last award McCrorie won ? McCrorie never developed from when he first broke into the team
How can he win awards when he’s been left out by the manager. He won MOTM and was left out.
He won MOTM for Aberdeen v Hibs only 2 weeks ago. I’m a fan of McRorie and believe he’s an excellent ball winning midfielder who would have been a good option for us in tough away games like Sunday.

I've changed my mind on him recently, I'd sign him. He's not perfect but still very young and will offer battle. For a reasonable offer of say circa £1.5m I'd go for it. Gerrard will not bring in the midfielder we need, all his midfield focus has been on finesse, he's never recognised the need to go to war.
Give them McRorie for £500k then buy a poorer player for £1.5m?

sounds daft

How can he win awards when he’s been left out by the manager. He won MOTM and was left out.
He won MOTM for Aberdeen v Hibs only 2 weeks ago. I’m a fan of McRorie and believe he’s an excellent ball winning midfielder who would have been a good option for us in tough away games like Sunday.
He’s had 2 loan seasons in arguably lesser leagues and win nothing was a bit part player for Portsmouth , he’s not good enough and never developed , a lot of fans tagged him with the future captain but the truth is he was never good enough , I don’t think Ferguson is good enough but if he keeps improving at the rate he has over the next 18 months then Maybay he will be

I see this thug put in another studs up leg breaker at the weekend.
The only upside is that it was on Tony Watt.
I have to say though that I have an irrational dislike of this kid, and I really really hope we don’t sign him.
If he did sign, he’d have to lose probably the only asset I can see in him as he’d be red carded every game for us for the tackles he puts in.
Anybody else get annoyed at the sight of him? I think it stemmed from the shit with Shagger, but almost every time we’ve played them since, he’s done one of our players with at least one dirty tackle.
Sad, because he should be one we’re looking out for or hoping is good enough, but I really can’t stand him.
I don't think your dislike of him is irrational.

We desperately need an enforcer type in midfield for certain games in this country , not against Braga and Porto , but going to Tamnadice , Easter Road and Pittodrie is exactly what we need .

Sadly our 'enforcer' would not be refereed to the same degree of fairness / equality as other enforcers in the Premiership. :(

We seem to be getting cereal threads about Ferguson.
Yet another puff piece about a fruit loop who snap crackle and pops into flakey tackles against our team.Its no wonder he gets a frostie reception from our fans.
So it’s Cheerio to this thread from me

Back