Lewis Ferguson

Those saying Doig was a no brainer...he was absolutely dog shite for Hibs for the majority of last season.

According to Derek Ferguson, Lewis hasn't been getting much game time due to a new manager coming in and not really fancying him.
If available I'd take Ferguson on a loan to buy. If he shows good performances we take up the option. If he's shite we don't.

He will come back a man from Italy.
2608_bobguccione_g

Curious to find out how he has been doing in Italy. As far as I can see he's not been getting a game. Anyone know if he is injured or just not good enough.
He got about 15 minutes last night. Was an unused sub in the 4 games prior to that, got 7 mins v Milan and was suspended for the 2 games before that. So basically about 20 mins game time in total so far. Otherwise he's been on the bench or suspended.

Those saying Doig was a no brainer...he was absolutely dog shite for Hibs for the majority of last season.

According to Derek Ferguson, Lewis hasn't been getting much game time due to a new manager coming in and not really fancying him.
Derek Ferguson talking shite then, he had a suspension and then injury so missed the most part of the start of the season. Just getting into the side now. Don’t think any manager would “fancy” playing a suspended or injured player.

Not surprised the Italian league is far to technical for a plodder like Ferguson, strange signing from Bologna.

They thought they were getting some sort of Souness, difference is Souness could play.

Lewis Ferguson should be with us. Yes I know there are loads of folk on here who will disagree but he is a, as I was told by a pro coach pal of mine, Ian Ferguson type head with a nearly but not as good as a technical Barry Ferguson. (I don’t think he’ll ever be as good as either of them at all but we are missing that bit in the middle) and we missed out on Doig. We have a terrible recent record of buying the best young Scottish talent, I’m sure Ross Wilson reads Follow Follow and makes his decisions on the crabbit bad opinion posts on here. But we should be buying the young Ferguson, and also the likes of Doig etc. Those players are capable.

Help ma boab, people still want Lewis Ferguson.

Wee newsflash, he's never reaching the heights of any of his family and he's not good enough for Rangers.

Put it tae bed, man.
I don’t care what people think as we are all entitled to our opinions but given the home grown quota etc he was a decent buy

He would have been brilliant on a free.

Both the most under rated and over rated player on this forum, never see anyone talk about him rationally.

Doubt he stays in Italy too long, not good enough for that level.

He would have been brilliant on a free.

Both the most under rated and over rated player on this forum, never see anyone talk about him rationally.

Doubt he stays in Italy too long, not good enough for that level.
He wasn’t available on a free though was he?

Reactions: HDH
He wasn’t available on a free though was he?
Nope, so thankfully we went nowhere near.

Just meant that’s the only way he would be classed as brilliant because you’d have about 900 people jumping on for saying something remotely positive about the guy.

He got about 15 minutes last night. Was an unused sub in the 4 games prior to that, got 7 mins v Milan and was suspended for the 2 games before that. So basically about 20 mins game time in total so far. Otherwise he's been on the bench or suspended.
Sounds like Gio is the manager :))

Hopefully Ferguson can kick on with Bologna but it will take time... Came on last night away at Juve and his new manager is Thiago Motta... previous to that Mihajlovic it is all a bit of a jump up from Jim Goodwin and Stephen Glass and will take time to settle. Ferguson is against Roberto Soriano for a start who has 9 caps for Italy and played for Villarreal etc.. however it goes I am sure he will be a better player for it all, he has only just turned 23....I wouldn't mind seeing him at Ibrox one day.

I wish him well and all the other Scots in the league... 4 now in total... Great to see.... Easy to knock these guys when it doesn't always go to plan straight away... schadenfreude maybe of German derivation but us Scots don't half practice it best!

Last edited:

Be back at 'The Sheep' or across the road for season 2023-2024 then.

Still.... living in Bologna, playing in one of the best leagues in the world and working under one of the finest midfielders of his generation and no doubt earning a few euro to boot....

I wish I was as pish as him!
Wouldn't get near our midfield ffs behave yourself, we have let better go in Docherty, Kelly & got better coming back from injury

Wouldn't get near our midfield ffs behave yourself, we have let better go in Docherty, Kelly & got better coming back from injury
Ferguson is better than all you mentioned, be honest. You may not like him, like many don’t, but he is good player. He needs good players beside him, which we can do.

Id have said no to signing him previously as i assumed we would sign better but that was before we re signed jack and arfield so wouldnt be opposed to him signing in january

Help ma boab, people still want Lewis Ferguson.

Wee newsflash, he's never reaching the heights of any of his family and he's not good enough for Rangers.

Put it tae bed, man.
It's guess work. Until he runs out our tunnel wearing our famous strip then no one will know if he could be good enough. In my eyes, I think he would definitely get a game, he might not start but he would at least be used as a squad player, the same as Kamara gets used.

Ferguson on a loan to buy in January would be a smart buy. Would fill in for one of they home grown slots in Europe as well, we will be losing quite a few of them this summer. Plus I think he starts next to lundstram over any other option currently.

We won't be in Europe by then. Otherwise, would seem a fairly sensible move to make.

Doig was utterly dreadful last season
Yep, he started well with Hibs, plenty saying we should sign him, he then dipped significantly, so plenty (me included) wrote him off.

Maybe he will do a “Hickey” & get an early move to the EPL, which will take him out of our reach financially.

Still, we’ve got Ridvan tearing it up for £4m+…

Ferguson on a loan to buy in January would be a smart buy. Would fill in for one of they home grown slots in Europe as well, we will be losing quite a few of them this summer. Plus I think he starts next to lundstram over any other option currently.
Makes all sense

Not surprised the Italian league is far to technical for a plodder like Ferguson, strange signing from Bologna.

They thought they were getting some sort of Souness, difference is Souness could play.
Sorry but that’s nonsense. When have they come out and said they thought they were getting a Souness?
The guy has moved to a new country and needs time to settle in , he also has a suspension carried over and was injured , so give him time and he will do fine in Italy. Or have you made your mind up already.

I wouldn’t be against taking him in our midfield, as I reckon we need a total refresh in their. Having a young Rangers fan in the middle of the park who’s played in over 100 games in the SPL I wouldn’t be against.
And on the flip side if we never signed him I wouldn’t lose sleep.
He done ok in a pretty p*sh sheep team!

The thing is with Ferguson is that it feels like he should be playing for us due to being one of us and both his Dad and Uncle playing for us.

It would be a great story but sadly he isn't as good as his Dad and certainly not his Uncle.

I do think he will end up at us at some point but it will have to be for a free or low fee imo.

Back