Lewis Holtby to leave Hamburg, being linked here

Absolutely, yes, please, please again

Think I threw his name last year as the Bates deal announced

Reactions: cav
Would love for him to be a target but the journalist works for goal.com.

They're generally not that reliable.

From his wiki:

"In 2019, he collaborated with Hamburg-based musicians Elvis & Pape on the released of their album titled, Hurrikan.[85]"

Not sure about this lad...

Can't honestly say I've seen him play in recent years, but I have full faith in whoever Gerrard and his team decide to bring in, and it certainly seems to be at least a suggestion we're looking in the right areas for improvement.

Certainly got a decent reputation, scored 6 in the Bundesliga last season so clearly capable of chipping in with goals. Must admit I've not watched him play for about 3-4 years though.

How many people actually watch Hamburg regularly enough to judge how good he'd be?

Comments already from folk saying he'd be class & others saying he'd be grim. Doubt anyone's saw him enough to be able to form such strong opinions on the lad.

The fact that he's started nearly every game for them this season & captained them on occasion is encouraging enough for me.

Are Hamburg really paying that much?

In saying this, I haven't seen him play for quite a while or even know if he's playing regularly. Looked a very promising player in the past.

I presume those saying he’s rubbish etc haven’t watched much of him recently and are only presuming he’s poor because he got relegated with HSV. So obvious to be honest.

Holtby is still a terrific midfielder who would bring creativity, goals, composure and a bit of dig to our midfield. Something we badly lack and will never get consistently with who we have currently.

I presume those saying he’s rubbish etc haven’t watched much of him recently and are only presuming he’s poor because he got relegated with HSV. So obvious to be honest.

Holtby is still a terrific midfielder who would bring creativity, goals, composure and a bit of dig to our midfield. Something we badly lack and will never get consistently with who we have currently.

do you think there is interest from our side?

Back