Lewis Morgan - St. Mirren

Disco Deejay

I see Scotland Under 21's beat Netherlands Under 21's 2-0 in a Euro Qualifier last night, with St Mirren's wide midfielder Lewis Morgan getting the MOTM award.

I have a few St Mirren supporting mates who are raving about him. 20 years old and 5 goals from 9 games so far this season.

His contract with St Mirren is only till May 2018, so he will be available in January. Not sure if he would even require much of a Development Fee, as he went through our youth ranks, before he was released by McCoist at age 16.

Anyone seen him play and think he's worth a punt?

Last edited:
Haven't seen the boy but the way our youth structure is now set up , if he is any good , he will be on our radar.

I see Scotland Under 21's beat Netherlands Under 21's 2-0 in a Euro Qualifier last night, with St Mirren's wide midfielder Lewis Morgan getting the MOTM award.

I have a few St Mirren supporting mates who are raving about him. 20 years old and 5 goals from 9 games so far this season.

His contract with St Mirren is only till May 2018, so he will be available in January. Not sure if he would even require much of a Development Fee, as he went through our youth ranks, before he was released by McCoist at age 16.

Anyone seen him play and think he's worth a punt?

Sinclair released him not McCoist

He played very well last night as did the boy Stevie Mallen who was also at st mirren.

A player we should be looking to sign in January and allow him to finish his season with St Midden.

Got to be hoovering up all the best young talent in Scotland now.

Think it would be good to sign him on a pre contract in January and let him play out the rest of the season with St Mirren for his development!

I'd be astonished if he had no say in letting the player go. Our first team manager should have final say on all players being let go.

With teams of all age groups, should the first team manager decide on the future of 100 youth players he's never been involved with?

He definitely looks to have something about him. As for us letting him go, sometimes this is the making of a player, lets them mature in the real world. how many have we kept till they were 22 or 23 before releasing them and they sink to oblivion.

With teams of all age groups, should the first team manager decide on the future of 100 youth players he's never been involved with?
Apologies I thought it was the under 18 squad he was involved with but surely if there is a talented player in the youth ranks he'd be aware?

I don't know anything about the lad, but a few on the old board suggested him during the transfer window.

Apologies I thought it was the under 18 squad he was involved with but surely if there is a talented player in the youth ranks he'd be aware?

Maybe you've answered your own point there.
Perhaps the lad is a late developer and didn't stand out in his age group during his time at Rangers.

Lets not get carried away about a youth's potential, remember Charlie Telfer . . .Jamie Ness . . . Rhys McCabe and many others. And thats before we get to BIlly Gilmour.

Most fall into the realms of where are they now.

Maybe you've answered your own point there.
Perhaps the lad is a late developer and didn't stand out in his age group during his time at Rangers.

Lets not get carried away about a youth's potential, remember Charlie Telfer . . .Jamie Ness . . . Rhys McCabe and many others. And thats before we get to BIlly Gilmour.

Most fall into the realms of where are they now.

Perhaps mate, if he's good enough now hopefully we get it tied up.

Could be a few decent Pre-Contract's being done by us in January!

He's a excellent player, he's going out with a family member of mine. Huge rangers fan and would snap the hand off you to resign at rangers.

No harm in re-signing him for free and either keeping him with the development squad or loaning him out again.

We can't afford to miss out on Scottish talent and he's certainly raised his game this season.

We should be looking to sign Lewis as well as Jamie Walker and Kenny McLean on pre-contracts in January, if not for a small fee.

It's a shame young Greg Docherty signed an extension as the 4 of them would've been fantastic business on Bosmans.

Back