LFC Staff using charities to survive lockdown

Henderson and Klopp are pretty vocal on these issues.

I would imagine this will get sorted quickly.

Also, you cannot presume the players know of other peoples issues.

Do you know if your colleague is using a food bank? Would you feel comfortable asking if he’s/she’s ok or needs additional help? How do you feel they would react?

It is easy to call them pricks, but unless they were deliberately turning a blind eye, it’s hard to take have a go, just yet.

If I was an English league supporter I would say good riddance to both them and united in the European premier league. I Think gerrard would be disgusted with it. Aye oh focus with us WATP

Absolutely.

And there'll always be people on reasonable incomes who will spend every penny they get on absolute crap and not have a penny when times get tough.

Aye thats true. My dad was bad with beer and been lazy at home although he worked and blasted money on take ways etc when I was younger but he did always make sure we all had what we want or need. Doing amazing now though but still loves a good beer lol

What about this nonsense below. Sorry, but people like Derek Hatton and the Unions done more damage to Liverpool than the conservatives ever could.

Liverpool fans need to be the force that stops this bullshit. Call them out, write letters, cancel subscriptions. Liverpool is a proud city. They go to great lengths to state they are scouse before English, because they have been mistreated by numerous Conservative governments.
The club itself, treating their staff like this? It should be intolerable.

It's disgusting but unfortunately the way of the world.

Casual/community staff at football clubs will generally be on zero hour contracts. No rights, safety or security in those types or agreements.

Terrible for the people in this situation.

Casual/community staff at football clubs will generally be on zero hour contracts. No rights, safety or security in those types or agreements.

100% on the above and include many of the Academy coaching/scouting staff.

Do you know if your colleague is using a food bank? Would you feel comfortable asking if he’s/she’s ok or needs additional help? How do you feel they would react?

It is easy to call them pricks, but unless they were deliberately turning a blind eye, it’s hard to take have a go, just yet.
That's a fair point mate. I was offered the chance to go to the food bank and I refused.

My mate offered to give me money to tide me over, but I only took it as a loan, which I duly paid.

Yes, it maybe pride, but if I lose my own pride, I lose a lot of myself. That might sound stupid to some, but it doesn't to me.

Piss poor.

One of the comments sums it up entirely for me. Guys on £300k per week walking past staff who need charity to feed themselves whilst working for the same company.
I would be surprised if players knew about this situation and chose to “walk past staff”, basically saying f.uck you.

As for the club, it hasn’t covered itself in glory the past few years with the scandal of buying up houses for rock bottom prices, leaving them to rot and forcing others into below market value as sales to get their hands on the land for redevelopment. That was unforgivable especially as they like to be a seen as a paragon of virtue.

parallels with the mentally challengeds are unmistakable

I honestly never knew they were as bad as they are for this pish. All sorts of anti-Tory stuff (which I understand), Liverpool community coming together, working class etc. It's all a load of pish. They are as bas as everyone for treating fans like mugs and spending enormous amounts.

I've said it before about St Pauli, I obviously don't like them, but at least as a fan base and a club they back up their claims about what they are.

Feel for the employees but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The owners don't give a damn about them. The players would be advised to avoid talking about it. Everton do fantastic work in the local community. Liverpool have always been poor, aside from their mandatory photo at Christmas in one of the hospitals.

Didn't have much to say when the club furloughed a few hundred non-playing staff earlier this year. One of their supporters club, can't remember the name, were the ones who raised the issue and got it reversed.

Tbh zero hrs contracts are a massive problem it's ridiculous that these working conditions are still legal in this day and age. Another thing that disgusts me are agency's and the way company's abuse workers who use them. Agency's earn off the backs of workers while doing very little if anything for them. Then 1st sign of trouble drop them.

What a fecked up world we live in. Employer pays out tens of millions in transfer fees for a handful of players yet cant offer help to employees so they have to go to charities to stop being hungry.

So many people starving in the UK.

Tbh zero hrs contracts are a massive problem it's ridiculous that these working conditions are still legal in this day and age. Another thing that disgusts me are agency's and the way company's abuse workers who use them. Agency's earn off the backs of workers while doing very little if anything for them. Then 1st sign of trouble drop them.
I said in another post mate. Right at this time, the low paid people in this country could bring it to a standstill.

If all the people who risk their health every day that work in supermarkets or warehouses which supply food all over the country, along with other jobs, then they could have the govt by the balls, by demanding a decent minimum wage.

They would need to give in as society would come to a halt. Given that many get treated like crap from the public, would maybe make people think twice about demanding them to act like some kind of servant to their needs.

Cant see any of our regiments working the tills at tesco.

Doesn't make it right mate or that we should highlight it and try to change it. I'm not having a go a you personally.
Its not right but it happens in all walks of life and always has. Im sick of every sport programme getting taken over by politics. This is why the two are meant to be seperate, sport like everything is being over run and ruined by politics.

Football in general is up its own arse. The EPL is just characteristic of a bloated, cash laden corporate entity that is so far removed from reality. We sometimes look at that league with envy because of the money. I’d rather retain our soul, keep the connection we have with our history and avoid the Sheik Mansours and Mike Ashley’s of this world.

I have more of a connection with the lads from Bury that post on here than I would with any supporter of Liverpool, Chelsea, the Manchester clubs, etc.

Yes I know I’m a boring old fart still reading Teletext, this morning reading on page 302 about a Danny Rose demanding so many millions, to finish his contract. Then there’s those that are only getting 50/80 thousand a week pay rises, oh how I wish a Biblical Plaque of Locusts on the EPL, to bring it to its knees.

Liverpool fans seem to think along the same lies/lines as Celtic ones that their club and they are some how morally superior to other clubs and fans. They're not. As for the club itself if you remember how they treated Anfield residents to get their own way them this isn't really a surprise.

Rangers Fc committed to Living wage last year or the year before was it ?

how come these clubs aren’t showing more social respect and economic commitment to the workforce ?

Last edited:

I'm quite sure Klopp would be appalled if he found that out as he seems a quite compassionate bloke and I don't think the players,in fairness will know anything of it. I hope it's righted for the people concerned.

No difference to ourselves. We've made people redundant while have players on 20/30k a week. The money is different but the principal is the same.
That imo is different , redundancy is of a role and sadly a worker . They are also free to join the job market to develop there futures .

I do believe there are ethical and social conscious companies operating . I’m not saying Lfc are not yet as we are awaiting a more authoritative source for this story .

Back