Liability to broadcasters

KazKoz

As we now know the clubs were explicitly told if they didn’t call the league or if they decided to null and void the league that their liabilities to broadcasters / sponsors could be up to £10 million.

We are aware now that this liability has not gone away now that the league was awarded to Celtic.

When you hear tonight that the English Premier League will start again next month it got me wondering what are the real economics of the Scottish Premier League playing behind closed doors.

Bearing in mind the high percentage of season ticket holders for our top sides how would the paying footfall and hospitality accumulated compare to the £10 million liability?

I for one cannot see such a great difference in the sums.

To me it was just another half truth possibility that the majority of clubs, fans and media were happy to swallow.

As we now know the clubs were explicitly told if they didn’t call the league or if they decided to null and void the league that their liabilities to broadcasters / sponsors could be up to £10 million.

We are aware now that this liability has not gone away now that the league was awarded to Celtic.

When you hear tonight that the English Premier League will start again next month it got me wondering what are the real economics of the Scottish Premier League playing behind closed doors.

Bearing in mind the high percentage of season ticket holders for our top sides how would the paying footfall and hospitality accumulated compare to the £10 million liability?

I for one cannot see such a great difference in the sums.

To me it was just another half truth possibility that the majority of clubs, fans and media were happy to swallow.
News that the English Premier League will start again next month just shows up our cabal for what they are. Nothing to do with economics or liabilities. Except, of course, that Sky & BT may now have a stronger case against the spfl and the spfl's liabilities may come back and bite them harder on the arse now.

But their team got the tainted title, that is all that mattered. Possible cost and repercussions do not matter.

Sky will get sponsorship of the league for 3 years free of charge which Is a disgrace. But I hope bt go after them and as for there 4 million back especially after Doncaster slagged them of him and the cabal won't survive that

Anyone on twitter with the BT presenter Currie and see if he knows anything.
He was particularly critical of ND’s remarks.

sky I think would want more games or an extra year and that's what they will be haggling for.

Bt have nothing to lose as we have left them anyways

More important to start the new season and get the first payments from the new Sky deal.

There are no new payments SPFL owe SKY poppy .They will get the rights to show the games for HEE Haw . For god knows how long .
The Scottish leadership is a laughing stock . All for a tainted title

Rangers should table a motion for the upcoming season only that all European broadcasting monies be split between the clubs evenly to cover this liability. The other clubs would surely back this. After all no title was won and the potential 30million up for grabs from the vermin would be a nice get it right up you.

It would also weed out who is actually been bought off by the fat Japanese as no fooker could vote down free money surely

The whole things is a nonsense when you see whats happening with English football! Season should have been played to a conclusion, so the game in Scotland is not held ransom to anyone! This is going to cause further damage to football in our country. Absolute madness calling the season and handing the bheggars a fake title, when it's going to cost all of us money!

Think the £10m was split between Bt sport and sky

no matter what happens bt still need paying

So this liability still needs funding, one option is for Dundee to play a glamour friendly against one of the big hitters in the USA

Our original stance is being proved correct with leagues now beginning to kick off across Europe. Certainly the top flight was called ridiculously too soon, we should be finishing the season off.

News that the English Premier League will start again next month just shows up our cabal for what they are. Nothing to do with economics or liabilities. Except, of course, that Sky & BT may now have a stronger case against the spfl and the spfl's liabilities may come back and bite them harder on the arse now.

But their team got the tainted title, that is all that mattered. Possible cost and repercussions do not matter.

This is absolutely spot on. It's been a total stitch up and everything that was said was only to convince clubs to vote a certain way so they could be handed a title.

Back