Lies again re Barcelona 1972

LOL 133

I see the Glasgow Times is quoting an article in the Evening Times from 1972 claiming there was a riot and running battles on the streets of Barcelona in 1972 after the ECWC final.

I also see they claim the game wasnt played to a finish because of a field invasion.

The article finishes by inviting fans who were there to send in stories and pictures from their trip.

Ive attached the e mail address and hope some of our FF posters might like to set the record straight. We all know the club wont.

E mails to ann.fotheringham@glasgowtimes.co.uk

That “the game wasn’t finished“ is a classic mentally challengeds line.

Its in the article written by Jim Blair back in 1972. Same as the lie about running battles in the streets. Have a look at the newspapers copied by Mark Dingwall.

If you have 10 minutes write to the e mail address Ive supplied. They're inviting us to do so.

An article to annoy us again by lying bastards not even born at the time. Lies passed down from whoever is their dad at the time or who's horsing their maw. Don't take the bait.

I think its aimed at the general public rather than us. Its designed to demonise our fans and undermine our european triumph. They dont care if we read it or not. That's not the point of propaganda.

The Natzis didnt care if the Jews heard or read their propaganda.

Be careful what you send this bint this looks like a fishing expedition

Ive told her I was in Barcelona and there were no "running battles" in the streets before or after the game. The locals treated us as heroes for standing up to Franco's stormtroopers inside the ground.

I also told her the game was stopped for a field invasion but was restarted and played to a finish.

I told her the original article contained lies.

See 5yr earlier, I'm absolutely certain that on the final whistle hundreds of mentally challengeds came on the park to celebrate their European win?

Two European finals, two victories for Scottish Clubs, two 'pitch invasions' .

Only one Club denigrated for the event?

Pitch invasions after big games were quite common in the 1960's and 1970's. The Scottish media only remembers one such event.

The crash barriers have really ramped up this "game wasn't finished" patter since they were awarded the title last season. Almost as if they are trying to deflect from something that was not actually won.
They are seriously deranged. You can't even go on to a Castore advert on social media but a few of these fucking mutants have got something to say.

They are a fucking cancer.

All Fascist dictatorships are deplored for their politics and violence, except for Franco's thugs' attacks on Rangers fans in '72.

It's noticeable that 19th Century Terrorist journalists of the time, (and now), ignored that Franco was in the mould of Hitler and Mussolini (amongst other fascist pigs), and they wrote gleeful stories of our hooliganism, while ignoring the blatant anti Protestant violence inflicted on ordinary Scotsmen.

Shame on Willie Waddell, a true Rangers great, for pandering to them.

Was it not the following year?

1974, mate. Interestingly, the Barcelona founder was also a Protestant.

Its all to do with social media nowadays. Any crackpot can come up with something outrageous and it soon becomes fact.
1972 ECWC match not completed. Socks to celebrate 19th Century Terrorist blood. Stolen water from church. Church of Scotland soup kitchens pre 1888 forcing RCs to convert.

Do they say that Barcelona as a club personally invited us back to the Nou Camp only 2 years later ?

Why would they do that if our club and fans were so bad ?
To compete in their prestigious "Joan Gamper pre-season tournament".

I believe it was the first time an invite for such was extended to a non-Spanish team (although, I prepare to stand corrected on that).

1974, mate. Interestingly, the Barcelona founder was also a Protestant.
Rings true now that I’ve thought about it.
We wrecked the place but were invited back!
Only in the mind of Timmy scum.

The Evening Tims is hating that the audience for FF and Heart and Hand continues to grow and monetise while their audiences dwindle and lose advertisers.

I see the Glasgow Times is quoting an article in the Evening Times from 1972 claiming there was a riot and running battles on the streets of Barcelona in 1972 after the ECWC final.

I also see they claim the game wasnt played to a finish because of a field invasion.

The article finishes by inviting fans who were there to send in stories and pictures from their trip.

Ive attached the e mail address and hope some of our FF posters might like to set the record straight. We all know the club wont.

E mails to ann.fotheringham@glasgowtimes.co.uk
I have sent an email to give her my memories of that trip

Might be wrong here but don't think I am, Pretty sure at the time the Russians complained that the game wasn't completed because of a pitch invasion, Rangers offered to replay the match and was knocked back.

Might be wrong here but don't think I am, Pretty sure at the time the Russians complained that the game wasn't completed because of a pitch invasion, Rangers offered to replay the match and was knocked back.
The game was played, I remember it like 4 mins extra felt like an hour,
Waddell said he would replay them, just a bit of sportsmanship

Rangers agreed to a replay of their famous European Cup-Winners Cup triumph 45 years ago after a pitch invasion, according to sensational new claims from Dynamo Moscow legend Anatoly Baidachny.
The Ibrox side lifted the 1972 trophy and became legends when they beat the Russian dark horses in Barcelona.
However, the 3-2 victory was marred by a mass pitch invasion and battles with the Spanish police leading to captain John Greig getting the trophy presented to him inside the Nou Camp.

The Russians protested about the pitch invasion to UEFA and demanded a replay of the Final, but the result stood after an enquiry, although Rangers were banned from European competition for two years, later reduced to one year.

But almost 45 years later to the day of the Final, Dynamo legend Baidachny, now 64, has claimed that Rangers accepted responsibility for the trouble, in an interview in a Russian publication.And they even agreed to play a replay of the game in Rome.

Baidachny, who later went on to manage Belarus and Dinamo Minsk, said: "We proposed a replay of the game, on October 3, 1972, in Rome."And the Scots agreed to it because they were going to lose a lot of money with their European ban.But as usual politics prevailed. UEFA couldn't be seen to let the Russians win.

"Everyone remembers what happened after the game, but people forget the Rangers fans invaded the pitch five times. They invaded the pitch for the first time at 1-0. Their fans all had mad eyes, it was a scary sight. They tried to set fire to the stadium. They fought with the police and there was casualties.

"When they ran onto the park at the end of the match, they tried to rip the shirts of us. I just ran until I got back to the dressing room.You have to remember back then everything was against the Russians. Our 'supporters' amounted to eight people from the Soviet Trade Company in the entire stadium, which was full of Scots. Our people were not allowed abroad.

One of our players, Aleksandr Makhovikov, was absolutely taken out by a Rangers player on the wing. No whistle. From that, Rangers went up and scored.We went home and no one came to meet us. We were forgotten. If you lost in the old Soviet Union you were regarded as an enemy of the people.

We did get some small financial reward for reaching the Final. It was enough to buy me a Grundig tape recorder."

Rangers agreed to a replay of their famous European Cup-Winners Cup triumph 45 years ago after a pitch invasion, according to sensational new claims from Dynamo Moscow legend Anatoly Baidachny.
The Ibrox side lifted the 1972 trophy and became legends when they beat the Russian dark horses in Barcelona.
However, the 3-2 victory was marred by a mass pitch invasion and battles with the Spanish police leading to captain John Greig getting the trophy presented to him inside the Nou Camp.

The Russians protested about the pitch invasion to UEFA and demanded a replay of the Final, but the result stood after an enquiry, although Rangers were banned from European competition for two years, later reduced to one year.

But almost 45 years later to the day of the Final, Dynamo legend Baidachny, now 64, has claimed that Rangers accepted responsibility for the trouble, in an interview in a Russian publication.And they even agreed to play a replay of the game in Rome.

Baidachny, who later went on to manage Belarus and Dinamo Minsk, said: "We proposed a replay of the game, on October 3, 1972, in Rome."And the Scots agreed to it because they were going to lose a lot of money with their European ban.But as usual politics prevailed. UEFA couldn't be seen to let the Russians win.

"Everyone remembers what happened after the game, but people forget the Rangers fans invaded the pitch five times. They invaded the pitch for the first time at 1-0. Their fans all had mad eyes, it was a scary sight. They tried to set fire to the stadium. They fought with the police and there was casualties.

"When they ran onto the park at the end of the match, they tried to rip the shirts of us. I just ran until I got back to the dressing room.You have to remember back then everything was against the Russians. Our 'supporters' amounted to eight people from the Soviet Trade Company in the entire stadium, which was full of Scots. Our people were not allowed abroad.

One of our players, Aleksandr Makhovikov, was absolutely taken out by a Rangers player on the wing. No whistle. From that, Rangers went up and scored.We went home and no one came to meet us. We were forgotten. If you lost in the old Soviet Union you were regarded as an enemy of the people.

We did get some small financial reward for reaching the Final. It was enough to buy me a Grundig tape recorder."
Must be true :eek:

I have sent an email to give her my memories of that trip

Well done. Ive had two replies to the 3 Ive sent her. She said she would remove the bit about the game not being played to a finish and she seemed genuinely shocked when I accused her of stirring up hatred against us.

Im thinking she isnt one of them, just naive.

Well done. Ive had two replies to the 3 Ive sent her. She said she would remove the bit about the game not being played to a finish and she seemed genuinely shocked when I accused her of stirring up hatred against us.

Im thinking she isnt one of them, just naive.
Maybe someone trying to make her way in life

I dont see any mention of the game not being completed. Have I missed it?

Back