Liewell's masterplan

TimzRFudz

Looks as though its coming to fruition. I don't think they ever truly wanted us dead. They wanted - needed - us right where we are just now. Here, filling stadia all over the country, keeping the press interested... and utterly uncompetitive. A kow-towed cashcow to help keep the top division financially liquid. The only part missing is the title stripping, and I firmly believe we've not seen the last of that either.

What do we do? Well we need a board fit for purpose. Right now I'm increasingly of the opinion that we have a collection of individuals who we owe a debt of gratitude to in terms of making sure we have a club... but who ultimately seem clueless when it comes to doing what is required to make us competitive. There needs to be some soul searching on the part of some of those individuals as to what they are actually bringing to the table *now*. Needless to say they need to deliver a managerial and coaching set up which is going to win things. Get that right then we have a platform to develop everything else.

Secondly - I would suggest a complete boycott of all top division SPFL grounds. Give them not a fucking penny. Instead we could / should give the money we'd spend on away games to Rangers in a way that guarantees it is invested sensibly in the club / playing staff. There are various vehicles for that which people who know more than me can advise on.

Thirdly, we need a PR machine fit for purpose. Traynor isn't stupid, but you'd be forgiven for thinking that is the case from some of the statements we issue. He needs replaced. The web team needs to be sharper, 24/7, accurate and on the ball. The PR team need to pick their battles carefully and remember they are representing us as much as they are representing King and the board.

There needs to be a proper fucking fightback, and it needs to start soon, or the rot that's slowly setting in will end up being about much more than 10IAR and other irrelevant pish.

I agree with all of that. Point 3 will only come when point 1 is sorted.

Unfortunately point 2 will never happen as a lot of fans won't boycott the away games. I haven't been to one for years so am not really in a position to offer an opinion but I can't believe the amount of people funding our enemies. 8000 bears paying 50 quid to go there yesterday. It's madness.

100% spot on.

Board need to step up or step out.
Boycott away games and go a step further - when we host teams give them %^*& all allocation and cram them away in a corner out the way. Tell the ball boys not to assist them. Make sure the stewards are heavy handed with them. Treat everyone with utter contempt.
Traynors resignation today and bring in a fresh pr team with a modern perspective.

Liewell didn’t employ our incompetent managers

Of course not. But our hobbled finances meant that we couldn't rush out and buy in a top quality manager either.

And again - as I alluded to - its time for some of those who did employ our incompetent managers to piss or get off the pot.

To be quite frank Liewell pisses over all of our board ,commercially and operationally ,if your of filth leanings you would do nothing but praise the fu cking mhutant

When you look at it we basically gave Celtic 400k yesterday to sit and endure that.

apart from the fact theyre winning almost all of the games, they are giving us the money straight back with their allocation at Ibrox.

Its not Liewell that is forcing us to watch it, its our own fans who will happily turn up knowing how bad yesterday was going to be and line their pockets

I've always thought this was their plan back in 2012. They almost got an even better scenario (for them) of killing us off. But now they have us where they want us - in the same league, but utterly clueless and beaten before we even kick off. And our incompetency from start to finish has only completed the circle, from McCoist and his jolly boys outing attitude, through the spivs, Ashley and the rest, to the present mess we are in, not forgetting Murray and Whyte who started it all off. The PR (such as it is) is a disaster too. I keep hoping we've turned the corner but there are only so many corners you can turn before you go around in circles. Utterly depressing.

I agree with all of that. Point 3 will only come when point 1 is sorted.

Unfortunately point 2 will never happen as a lot of fans won't boycott the away games. I haven't been to one for years so am not really in a position to offer an opinion but I can't believe the amount of people funding our enemies. 8000 bears paying 50 quid to go there yesterday. It's madness.
400k a visit plus whatever spent on food...

Lawwell got lucky with what happened to us and is not as clever as some on here think. If he was that good he would have finished the job of killing us off. He didn’t and a competent board would make sure we get payback.

I expect to see more of his and others malevolent influence when we have genuinely closed the gap on them, right now we’re screwing it up ourselves and can’t really apportion much blame outside.

I don't buy into that at all. We can't blame the fraud of 2011-2012 and the following Scottish Football witch hunt for this season's shambles.

This is our own doing. Well Robertson's doing to be more precise.

There isn't a conspiracy theory that offers an excuse for how much of a collective fùck up this season has been.

You can picture Lawell taking Robertsons lunch money off him every day. An utter non entity.
Sad sad times.

You did read beyond the first paragraph mate?

Yes, I agree with what you are saying.

Just pointing out that Lawwell won a watch with the level of incompetence he is up against, even in his wildest dreams he couldn’t have expected our ‘leadership’ to be so inept.

Fat Japanese prob thought a few years would have been sufficient but he is on a hefty bonus due to the sheer incompetence of the board in the football dept. We should have been a lot closer than the deluded AJ states

I get what you are trying to say, but it doesn't wash im afraid, yes we were hamstrung and the mhanks well ahead, but as mentioned above, he never hired Pedro and spent millions on a succession of duds which has set us back years, the right manager and players and we should have been challenging for the title this season, the fact that we aren't is on King and the board, not Liewell.

Agree with the boycott of away games. Instead fans should buy something from the megastore, where’s the money going into OUR club.

The board also need to put their foot down regarding Away allocations and stop requesting more tickets. For instance at Kilmarnock, we should only be taking the Chadwick and telling them to shove the Moffat up their arse. It’s time we didn’t bow down to other clubs, in fact they should be bowing down to us.

one of the worst aspects is the support are fractured

couldn't agree on the colour of shite

We cannae even agree on what happened to us and who was behind it.

Said on here 6 years ago unless we get the total truth behind it all, we will never heal and get back to anywhere close to where we were.

All this “ it’s happened” and “ we have to move on” is just not going to cut it.

This scenario may be Lawell’s wet dream but there is no grand conspiracy orchestrated by him, these feck ups are the fault of our own club and nobody else.

It was our club who appointed Pedro, then Pedro who spent the guts of £8million on largely crap players.

As for boycotts, they simply don’t work, there are far to many supporters who want to go and support the team.

The fix starts by getting the right man in as manager, it’s key to everything. Pedro may have been dreadful but he was well backed financially. If we get the manager correct and back him the same way then we can genuinely challenge that lot.

Point 2 will never happen. Ever.

We all know it probably should though but some folk enjoy a day out on the bev too much to see the bigger picture.

apart from the fact theyre winning almost all of the games, they are giving us the money straight back with their allocation at Ibrox.

Its not Liewell that is forcing us to watch it, its our own fans who will happily turn up knowing how bad yesterday was going to be and line their pockets

That implies that, if they didn't get those seats, they would be left empty.

When you look at it we basically gave Celtic 400k yesterday to sit and endure that.

It's utterly repulsive to think about.

From the top to the bottom, I hope they are feeling ashamed, but seriously doubt it. Part of me feels like the fans should boycott the remaining matches in a show of disgust.

We've been done over in the last two matches against the scum and not a player nor coach, board member should escape the blame.

They sold out on the most loyal fan base in the country it is a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.

We cannae even agree on what happened to us and who was behind it.

Said on here 6 years ago unless we get the total truth behind it all, we will never heal and get back to anywhere close to where we were.

All this “ it’s happened” and “ we have to move on” is just not going to cut it.

no one trusts who runs the club any more

they talk utter shite and patronise when they do deem us worthy of explanation

We give around £2m a year to clubs who despise us for the 'delights' of being treated like shit at their Hell hole stadia.

Give it a rest ffs. We went to support our team. Do you think we should have our team running out at away games with no support from the stands?

This constant abuse of people like me who want to follow our club is sickening. If we had been 10 points ahead and heading for a title then there would have been thousands who never go looking for a ticket.

I pay my money to support my team, it’s a personal choice. I respect people’s right to choose.

This is fùcking delusional nonsense. Lawell never put a gun to anyone's head and made us appoint the fùcking joke that was Caixinha or gave him all the money to spend on duds and drunks or kept him on after defeat to a team from Luxemburg.

Oh aye, big wonderful Liewell.

People on this board seriously overrate that balloon. Where was this great operator when Walter Smith was running over his Celtic side on a lesser budget and he was appointing clowns like Mowbray with his Barca-lite footballing philosophy?

Liewell has merely lucked out on the situation we found ourselves when Murray decided to cut our own throats.

Our board need to do far better than what they are doing in a lot or areas but the praise that fanny gets on here gets right on my tits. The Celtic fans wanted his head on a plate back in 2009.

Can we stop with the whole blame Leiwell and Celtic game. They are not the reason why we are where we are, it is Murray etc that is the reason. Stop looking to force the blame outwards and start looking at how and why our club is where it is from the inside.

Honestly, this shit is just embarrassing!

Oh look, another thread to attack those who attend away games! :rolleyes:
No it's not posters are only pointing out its part of the problem and most accept there are lots of problems ,we can say what we like about the filth but they have one sharp cookie in Liewell.

Give it a rest ffs. We went to support our team. Do you think we should have our team running out at away games with no support from the stands?

This constant abuse of people like me who want to follow our club is sickening. If we had been 10 points ahead and heading for a title then there would have been thousands who never go looking for a ticket.

I pay my money to support my team, it’s a personal choice. I respect people’s right to choose.
Well said that man, we are supporters it’s what we do

The last thing Scottish football wanted was a padlock on the main door of Ibrox they wanted to cripple us,An old mate of mine who was a life long Bear who was convinced the club and fans were being played like a fiddle Rangers should have accepted nothing but being kept in the premier league the problem was there was no one at Ibrox who had the gumption to negotiate,There was a tax bill no doubt but no other club in the history of Scottish football contributed more financially to the game in this country,This old Bear and make no doubt about it he loved the club was of the opinion Rangers should have resigned from Scottish football and left it rot in its own cesspit.

100% spot on.

Board need to step up or step out.
Boycott away games and go a step further - when we host teams give them %^*& all allocation and cram them away in a corner out the way. Tell the ball boys not to assist them. Make sure the stewards are heavy handed with them. Treat everyone with utter contempt.
Traynors resignation today and bring in a fresh pr team with a modern perspective.

The stewards are heavy handed but only with our own support.

Back