Liewell's modus operandi. Next septic manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forza_Napoli

They'll do one of two things they'll try to copy us and go for a big name ex player wouldn't surprise me if they went for some like Rooney as hes looking to get into management. Or they'll go for an unknown foreigner hipster type appointment but this will be at the end of the season once Kennedy finished up as caretaker after we've won 55.

Atheist Bear

They'll do one of two things they'll try to copy us and go for a big name ex player wouldn't surprise me if they went for some like Rooney as hes looking to get into management. Or they'll go for an unknown foreigner hipster type appointment but this will be at the end of the season once Kennedy finished up as caretaker after we've won 55.
Hahah Rooney. No way does he have the temperament or brains for such a job.

cav

I'd like to see popcorn teeth survive until we've skelped them on January 2nd and are hopefully double figures clear not counting games in hand.
He'll do well to last that long in truth.

Borna Bear

Official Ticketer
Just saying ...

Remember a few weeks before he was appointed "tlb " stepped down from Hibs

This week our Manky McKay "stepped down " from SFA ....

It's a stick on for me he's going o them at no cost to septic ... I hope he does he's so full of himself .
Why would they hire him, he literally offers them nothing but grief.

Watty1979

If Rangers win tomorrow who'd want that job?

Miles behind in the league, out of Europe soon and stuck with Lennon's dreadful expensive signings with little or no money to improve things come January.

Strachan won't come back to a job he quit 11 years ago and no manager worth his salt is quitting a job in English football right now to come to them.

Which means another Ronny Deila type gaffer or Martin O'neil who's tactics are 20 years out of date, Mckay would probably be the best pick of a very bad bunch.
Erm, for an alleged £2m a year I'm sure there will be interest. Hopefully it will be too late for them. We just need to keep doing our thing.

Clicker

It wouldn’t surprise me if their lickspittles in the press ran with something like that to placate the mhanky hordes, some far-fetched fantasy of a tarrier equivalent of Steven Gerrard.

Coatbridge Chancellor

Their next manager when it happens will be a non Scot/non Irish. No way they go for the 'Sellik man' style again. Their fans (the less brain-dead ones anyway) wouldn't stand for it.
They'll target an English or foreign manager who attempts to plays attractive football, like Rodgers minus the tarrierness.
Eddie Howe would be their dream; whether they could attract him is open to debate.
Hopefully It's not anytime soon.

Punpun

Hopefully Howe goes to Derby or something cos I'm actually worried they could get him tbh

Outwith him though, they dont have many options

Borna Bear

Official Ticketer
He's free .... Who is going to o leave a job in top couple divisions in England ...... No lady's front bottom !
To be fair, that Celtic board usually go for the cheap option. Rodgers was an anomaly. But for Lawell (on £3.5m per annum) he surely has to see that they need an overhaul from top to bottom and the only way they will get that is by spending big bucks on a seasoned experienced top manager.
I’ve said before that even if we don’t win the league this year we are defo in a better position in regards to squad value and club structure. If we do win the league this year then Kings “house of cards” comment will probably come true.

FTP

nemessis

The yahoos are panicking for no reason excluding Europe their results haven't been that bad they should stick with what they have and show some support for their manager, him and snottery nose just need to lose a few kilos.
If we beat Aberdeen today it will IMHO hasten Lennon's departure maybe we should just go for the draw ?
Like fu@k we should lets rub it in to all and sundry, give them hell Rangers. WATP.

o7o

If Lennon falters much more before January in my view he will be replaced.
Lurgan Flopp is going to endure 3 more European humiliations and hopefully a few more blips domestically b4 we meet them. If LF is not about by then, then thats us got the job done

spotlight

I don't underestimate Lawells desire to win the league this season then walk off into the sunset, it will have been his plan all along. Still think he will try all he can to get it. Never underestimate those rats.
They may go big for a manager and new faces at turn of the year.
Fortunately that takes big money, causes upheaval too and Rangers are settled and ticking along nicely at the moment.
Bit by bit Rangers..

cambridgeblue

Its a genuinely difficult decision for the Jap.

Option 1 - stick with Snus Hiddink , win a cup and save a few quid. If don't win the league then have a massive clear out and a new regime in the summer.

Option 2 - gamble on someone cheap and available - Strachan/Keane - short term boost.

Option 3 - Go for a new approach - downside is that the league could be over before he turns it around and the new manager's career is stillborn when the hoardes revolt when 4IAR dies.

Plus he wont be getting his performance related bonus.

cambridgeblue

I don't underestimate Lawells desire to win the league this season then walk off into the sunset, it will have been his plan all along. Still think he will try all he can to get it. Never underestimate those rats.
They may go big for a manager and new faces at turn of the year.
Fortunately that takes big money, causes upheaval too and Rangers are settled and ticking along nicely at the moment.
Bit by bit Rangers..

The Jap cleared £3.5m this year - why would you retire from that ?

Galstonian Blue

I think Lennon will be here until the new year.

However, if they drop ANY points during their ridiculously easy run in to the end of the year, he won't survive that

okbear

I really hope they go with Kennedy. He is negative, useless in setting up defences, as it’s currently proving and if he was respected in the dressing room, their current problems wouldn’t be as bad as they are. He’s the modern day Mark McGhee, please appoint him if they do sack Lurgan Flopp.

Renoranger

No one on here knows Lennon's mental state right now. He may be on the verge of walking and a Rangers win over Aberdeen could edge him closer.

Defeat by Sparta may be the last straw.

Crouchy

Hopefully Howe goes to Derby or something cos I'm actually worried they could get him tbh

Outwith him though, they dont have many options

Couple of things; I think it’s too far north for Howe. He’s soft and likes the south coast.

Two, I think his teams are soft through the spine. He would have a touch of the Warburton’s about him, imo.

I would trust Gerrard and Co to be able to rough them up.

I don’t think they’ll part ways with Lennon. He’s using that as mind game to get the team rallied.

Forza_Napoli

Hahah Rooney. No way does he have the temperament or brains for such a job.
There inferiority complex when it comes to us would see them chase someone like that regardless of ability to do the job. They hate that we though of an appointment like Gerrard where they didn't thata why they are always interested in players we've scouted the can't and will never get over mojo.

GF1872

The yahoos are panicking for no reason excluding Europe their results haven't been that bad they should stick with what they have and show some support for their manager, him and snottery nose just need to lose a few kilos.
If we beat Aberdeen today it will IMHO hasten Lennon's departure maybe we should just go for the draw ?
Like fu@k we should lets rub it in to all and sundry, give them hell Rangers. WATP.
Really hope you’re joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
change consent