Life Is Life

Unbelievably I had not seen this until yesterday. It's utterly mesmerising. The skill and nonchalance shown by Maradona is hard to comprehend. Never mind his dance moves!

Should be shown before every game this weekend.

If that was me I would have flicked the ball up and fallen flat on my face tripping over my laces.

Lineker told a story yesterday about how during a warm up for some charity game Maradona just kicked the ball up as high as he could 13 times, and the most he had to walk to catch it was 3 paces :)

Lineker told a story yesterday about how during a warm up for some charity game Maradona just kicked the ball up as high as he could 13 times, and the most he had to walk to catch it was 3 paces :)
Is that the story where he’s sitting in his shorts juggling his sock ? Think It’s when they were playing for the “rest of the world “ or something.

I am sure he would have said he never regretted going to Napoli, but i cant help feeling if he had moved to somewhere like Man Utd for example with Ferguson as his boss he, as a player would have been better looked after.

I am sure he would have said he never regretted going to Napoli, but i cant help feeling if he had moved to somewhere like Man Utd for example with Ferguson as his boss he, as a player would have been better looked after.
We'll never know (would be fascinating to see an alternative universe outcome), but personally feel he thrived in the chaos and fanaticism of Napoli. I think they were perfect for each other.

One of the mysteries of my formative years listening to the song on juke boxes outside social clubs with a can of coke and packet of crisps
Is the song called Life is Life or Live is Life??
I see our leader may have fallen in to the trap as well
Live is Life. Does sound like Life is Life though.

That song was still massive in central and south america in the early 2000s

every bar I was in or barn night club had it on!!

Amazing footballer and a genius with the ball at his feet. Feel bad that he’s died but still haven’t forgiven him for snubbing Fernando.

I am sure it's true but I first heard this story from one of the Scotland team that played them back in 88 or 89. The game was at Hamdump and I am sure no one had really heard of him (or at least seen him) at the time. At the warm up he was doing keepie uppies and the ball was going up as to be in line with the roof of the main stand and straight back down over and over (the story goes).

It was maybe Hansen that spoke about it. Maybe someone else on here will remember.

100% the GOAT for me.

My first boys club coach always told us to watch this video when we could. He’d sometimes show it us as well during indoor training in the winter months. This was in the late 90s. Main thing was about how football should be enjoyed and for you to have a real love of the game because the greatest ever player did.

I absolutely love it and have done for most of my life. Was so happy when it ended up on YouTube.

Didn't realise until recently that the track was actually playing in the stadium that night. I just assumed someone had dubbed over the video of him juggling the ball.

Live is Life. Does sound like Life is Life though.
It does and I suspect most of us thought it was Life is Life. Only reason I know the real title is because it was on the juke box card when I got 10 pence to pick a song and thought it was a misprint with Live is Life but it wasn't. The song was about live shows

Last edited:
Mesmerising to watch.

Incredibly, I've seen him do similar, juggling a golf ball.

Could make grown men cry.

Didn't realise until recently that the track was actually playing in the stadium that night. I just assumed someone had dubbed over the video of him juggling the ball.
I think it was and still is a pretty massive tune in Germany.
Just checked a live version on YouTube, first comment "REST IN PEACE THE HAND OF GOD! DIEGO ARMANDO MARADONA!!! "
Everyone that hears it thinks Diego.

I think it was and still is a pretty massive tune in Germany.
Just checked a live version on YouTube, first comment "REST IN PEACE THE HAND OF GOD! DIEGO ARMANDO MARADONA!!! "
Everyone that hears it thinks Diego.

The wiki page for the song even has a section on him :)

Back