Lille agree deal for Jonathan David from Gent €30m

Nothing - they have always been after both and given salary has been agreed then Lille need to come up with the correct offer - i’m sure they know how much that is

Lille have said they are after both have they not? Wish they would get their froggie fingers out their arse and get it done.

I think David is more of an attacking midfielder despite his good scoring record for Gent, they'd still need a striker

You come across a negative nigel. Are you?

Why wouldn't they want him?
I could list of a number of his faults but he doesn’t deserve that.

to be called out as a coward who’s head isn’t or wasn’t in it! Which for us was a massive European game - would I want him! No

to be called out as a coward who’s head isn’t or wasn’t in it! Which for us was a massive European game - would I want him! No
You must have a short term memory.

%^*& me. We were out, so not massive.

You wouldn't keep him?

How pivotal was he in the Europa campaign?

The time has come for Alfredo Morelos to leave Rangers, he has come back from Colombia disinterested and in unacceptable condition for a professional athlete. For Morelos to be effective he has to be in peak physical condition and he blatantly isn't.

It's time to end this saga and for everyone to move on, Morelos has made an incerdible contribution to our club and i wish him all the very best for the future wherever that maybe. I would however also add that i dont think he will ever play for a bigger club than Rangers or score more than 20 goals a season in any of Europes top 5 leagues.

I don’t see them spending 30m on this guy and then another 20m on Morelos tbh.

They got 70M for Osimhen so its not outwith the bounds of reality. I think the fee we get for Morelos will be closer to 15 million with some add on's.

The time has come for Alfredo Morelos to leave Rangers, he has come back from Colombia disinterested and in unacceptable condition for a professional athlete. For Morelos to be effective he has to be in peak physical condition and he blatantly isn't.

It's time to end this saga and for everyone to move on, Morelos has made an incerdible contribution to our club and i wish him all the very best for the future wherever that maybe. I would however also add that i dont think he will ever play for a bigger club than Rangers or score more than 20 goals a season in any of Europes top 5 leagues.
And I agree 100% mate and on that will leave this thread

Bitch then. Admin bitch. Incapable of answering to real debate so quitting bitch?
You bananas mate?

Davis is done - I hope he realised that tonight

Shagger is No1

we have no other winners

Morelos should go and to be honest not have any hero like status at all! He won nothing

You bananas mate?

Shagger is No1

we have no other winners

Morelos should go and to be honest not have any hero like status at all! He won nothing
[/QUOTE/]Aye . I'm bananas. Do you think it's still 1997?
I'm not saying he should. Are you?

We're building a team. Did you think we would win tonight,?

Ya maddie?

I keep seeing folk saying they want Morelos too

I may have missed their chairman quoting this so happy to be proven wrong but as far as I’m aware, Lille haven’t actually confirmed they even want Morelos in public have they?

I seriously hope they do still want Morelos for the record

I may have missed their chairman quoting this so happy to be proven wrong but as far as I’m aware, Lille haven’t actually confirmed they even want Morelos in public have they?

They have. President (or something like that) confirmed on a TV or radio show that they do.

I like Morelos, but after watching his effort last tonight it's pretty clear he is disinterested and not focused, all the talk of big money transfers seems to have his head in the clouds and somewhere else.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he is dropped to the bench on Sunday, might be a good thing but might also see him taking another strop if he thought benching him might damage his move.

There is also the possibilty that Lille have been watching his performances closely even as recent as last night and could decide to look elsewhere and let's be honest, If say Morelos was a player Rangers were bidding £18m for and we all watched that performance last night i'm sure some of us would be concerned.

We could end up in a situation where Lille drop any interest and we're then left with a pissed off player who wants to leave,now having to stay and quite possibly fight for his place in the starting 11, that doesn't bear thinking about as he'll now see the two new players as a threat to his starting place.

The sooner a decision is made whether he leaves or stays is in the best interest of the club and team, nobody is bigger than the club, but with all the media attention and circus that follows Morelos, maybe Morelos thinks he is.

Did you want Jelavic when we signed him under similar circumstances?

From what I recall their president said they are replacing two forwards so need to 2 players coming in.

They’re also about to get a further €30m for their CB Gabriel, a club who will have a lot of disposal income. Hold out for the £20m Rangers.

He won us
You bananas mate?

Shagger is No1

we have no other winners

a big bag of money from euro games,also another big bag of money once he leaves.

I really think Morelos expected to be away last window, after all the goals prior to Xmas he expected to move pretty quickly, then it didn’t happen and it just hasn’t been going right for him since.

I hope this concludes quickly

How many medals does he have.

Right, so your logic appears to be we should only sign ‘winners’ with medals in their pockets.

So if we have the chance to sign a couple of players from Connahs Quay Nomads you’d take them ahead of a couple of players from Wolverhampton Wanderers?

I don’t get it.

I really think Morelos expected to be away last window, after all the goals prior to Xmas he expected to move pretty quickly, then it didn’t happen and it just hasn’t been going right for him since.

I hope this concludes quickly

Could well be the case. Hard to be sure given the whole team went to shit after the winter break, but Alfie was at his peak with us going into the January window.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and all that, but certainly feels like that's when we'd have been in prime selling position - of course the dilemma is that when a player is at the top of their game, none of us want them to leave... just unfortunate that we never saw the slip in form across the board coming.

Alfredo has been handled with kid gloves so far during his Rangers career. 3 improved contracts and adored by our supporters. Now we have our new strikers, Alfredo should be made to pound the training fields in order to get the weight off. For a long time I wanted him to stay, now I can't wait to see him go.

Latest posts

Back