Lille reportedly offer €20 million

Like a lot of others on here would have accepted this a few weeks ago but with Roofe injured for the short term, Itten not getting a run so not up to speed it leaves all the pressure on Defoe which isnt going to win us this league. Another quality striker has to be on the cards as without Morelos or a replacement we will come up short.

He is undoubtedly our best striker but we are poorer with him in the team. His link up play and passing is sometimes atrocious and he is also a liability with his temperament.

I would be sad to see him go but I think he has his heart set on a move and we need investment in the team which could be funded by selling him

After yesterday, my thinking is take it. If the rumoured fee is true, that is. We need to seriously improve the midfield to be in with a chance at 55 this season, Hibs showed us that yesterday. Two top quality midfielders and perhaps cash left over for a replacement striker, or maybe even a season long loan for a benched EPL/Championship striker? Hurts to see Alfredo go but needs must.

I'm saying we cant go down a road of reckless spending. We've done it before and it didnt end well

Of course not totally agree but I never said we should spend reckless. However we have to spend wisely even if Alfredo does go.

If he does not go we have to find a way of improving the squad without breaking the bank. We can't spend the guts of 10m on guys like Kent and Hagi who are still pretty young and inconsistent. I'm surprised we went for Itten and Roofe so early.

A well kent face on here had said that there was a striker earmarked for when he left. This was after Roofe and Itten were signed.

Roofe will probably play more from the right when fit.
It's Not that boy from rapid Vienna is it? I got sent some article about us having an interest there.

If morelos goes we dont win the league this season
Correct.

He stays then he’s pretty much guaranteed to hit 25 goals. Huffs or no huffs.

I don’t see that coming from anywhere else in the current squad, nor do I envisage us easily picking up someone within our budget to replace him.

Does anyone have any sort of knowledge on this? I know the club keep these things very quiet but at the same time we have seen these tweets from Colombian journos before which came to nothing. In fact the tweet all this has originated from is almost identical to others.

If Morelos goes we need a replacement simple as that. Somebody as clinical as Jelavic was to replace him.

A midfielder is lacking and we all see it including the staff but fear nothing will move until this is put to bed.

I’m not comparing the players as such.

I’m simply stating when Morelos arrived he looked average at best.

Itten hasn’t even played the equivalent of 3 games yet and he’s been written off. His scoring record in his league last season was better than Morelos record for us.
p
He looked average you say, jesus it's true, it takes all kinds.

If we can afford to hold onto to Morelos until the summer then we should and get 55 then go with fans blessing and also he might get bigger club and we could get more cash

I’m not comparing the players as such.

I’m simply stating when Morelos arrived he looked average at best.

Itten hasn’t even played the equivalent of 3 games yet and he’s been written off. His scoring record in his league last season was better than Morelos record for us.
That is rewriting history mate. We were all buzzing about Morelos after his goals vs Hibs, Dunfermline and Ross County.

3 years he has been here and 3 years we have won nothing, why do people still keep saying this stuff?

Because you don't win anything by losing your best players unless you replace them with better players. Of course if we sold Alfie we need to replace him so you would hope with the money we are looking at here then we could bring in a couple of better players but that is not guaranteed.

People always use the stick that we never won anything before with him here but that's because we severely lack in other areas of the pitch.

If we can afford to hold onto to Morelos until the summer then we should and get 55 then go with fans blessing and also he might get bigger club and we could get more cash

That’s irrelevant though, because we clearly can’t afford to hold onto Morelos AND bring in significant improvements across the squad.

It’s one or the other.

That’s irrelevant though, because we clearly can’t afford to hold onto Morelos AND bring in significant improvements across the squad.

It’s one or the other.
He has to be sold in this window.

I know publicly the SG and the club will indicate that we don't have to sell, but that's just to avoid us looking weak to bids.

I am convinced he will be off shortly.

And as much as some might not like it, it's absolutely the right thing in the circumstances.

He has to be sold in this window.

I know publicly the SG and the club will indicate that we don't have to sell, but that's just to avoid us looking weak to bids.

I am convinced he will be off shortly.

And as much as some might not like it, it's absolutely the right thing in the circumstances.

To the best of anyone’s knowledge, it looks like widespread improvement is pending on him being sold.

With that in mind and should that be the case, anyone who would still opt to keep him has some very misguided priorities.

Keeping alfredo without overly relying on him to be our only goal threat would be intresting to watch, Kent and Roofe this season look like they could ease the burden on him. Unfortunately cant see it and think he will be off, just hope the money is put to good use.

Back