Limited fans inside stadiums within weeks

If they plan on trialling fans at sporting events, it should be tested in the lower leagues where capacity issues aren't a problem and we can all learn from how things are setup and scale them accordingly.

Problem is, they don't plan to start that league till October. Typical shortsightedness.
Or places like Rugby Park where they have a decent sized stadium but very few supporters anyway, that would be a good way to trial it for an SPL club. The lower leagues do t actually start until October.

That will start with no away fans, only would make sense and suits them and their dogs in the SPFL.

Certain German States keen to do it, also with no away fans but the talk of no singing, shouting etc. They’ve got to start somewhere end of the day - think some people expect them to just go back to full capacity on the first match, simply not going to happen.

If the filth are volunteering as test subjects, can we make sure it’s a proper scientific test, send hundreds of folk who already have the virus in amongst a few thousand Septic punters and see what transpires?

It will be hospitality first as that's probably already covered under the hospitality rules being set out then will be scaled up to an extent as thing progress full capacity will be unlikely this year

I got an email from uni yesterday saying we won't be back until the end of January 2021. Obviously no bearing on football, but thought it was interesting in regards to re-populating areas. Obviously financially and for the life of the game we need fans, coupled with the fact football is out doors so less chance of contamination.

Last edited:
It not just stadiums it’s the food outlets around the bigger clubs,KFC etc are absolutely mobbed on match days at Ibrox social distancing would be very near impossible .

Or places like Rugby Park where they have a decent sized stadium but very few supporters anyway, that would be a good way to trial it for an SPL club. The lower leagues do t actually start until October.

All Scottish grounds, outside of Ibrox and Beggardome, practice unintended social distancing on a weekly basis so should not be much of a problem to get test cases.

No way the can alkow celtic it and not rangers without things kicking off. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Piggery OF game will be the first with full capacity crowds allowed guaranteed.
Ultimately I don't care if it is. We will then have them at Ibrox twice with full houses so there's no difference in terms of any advantage

Ideally we will be able to get a large percentage of fans back for the europa league group stage, huge financially for the club

No mass gatherings of any kind at least until the end of the month. Phase 4 starts on the 30 th July. Limited gatherings are allowed funerals,weddings etc. but still with 2 metres social distancing.

Watch for Edinburgh v Glasgow two head to head rugby matches in August being used two of the test games.

I would be amazed mate, business would flip and I assume face masks etc would need to be mandatory
It wouldn't surprise me though. They've given themselves two and a half vital months by pushing it back - look at how different our current situation is to two and a half months ago (start of May). Lot could have changed by then.

From being weeks behind England in coming out of lock-down - and not deeming it safe to play BCD as in England - Scotland has made up ground quite rapidly.

:rolleyes:

Back