Limmy. Yay or Nay?

Didn't do anything for me, as funny as toothache, strange some on here like this dross yet still game on another thread gets slated for being poor! Next we'll get told Burnistoun was good next! :rolleyes:

I quite like him, but it's very hit and miss. A bit like Burnistoun as well, if you've watched it with mates then the funny stuff sticks and you forget 75% of it is shit.

Very much observation comedy, and an acquired taste. I liked a lot of his stuff because I got it. Others didn't. Falconhoof was my favourite

Had the misfortune to spend time in his company. Wasn't even funny in the pub. Got barred from most places for being obnoxious with a drink.

Very hit or miss.

Falcolnhoof, Raymond Day (tv psychic) , Mr Mulvaney & John Paul were brilliant.

Some Dee Dee sketches were good too.

Some of his stuff is hilarious and then some of it is just strange... shes turned the wanes against us is a classic but that will never grow old.

Yay. As said, a lot of it is pants but the funny ones are brilliant.

Went to see his live show in Glasgow which was pretty good. Met him afterwards aswell and he seemed pretty sound

I quite like him, but it's very hit and miss. A bit like Burnistoun as well, if you've watched it with mates then the funny stuff sticks and you forget 75% of it is shit.
Aye spent a weekend away with the boys a couple of years back and spent a lot of time watching the best bits of limmy and burnistoun by the pool during the day then quoting(shouting)all the best lines at night when we were steaming. As you say you forget the shite bits.

'Uuup the Road!!!'

Really like all his stuff from back in the website and podcasts days to his books and tv stuff.

What I like even more is how unbelievably raging people who don't like him get, especially on FF :D

Thought his 'that accent' was superb, but some if his other stuff is a bit hit and miss.

Watched his old shows again recently on UK Gold.

Some very funny sketches..but boy was there some padding. A lot of very average material.

Had the misfortune to spend time in his company. Wasn't even funny in the pub. Got barred from most places for being obnoxious with a drink.

Aye he is supposed to be a good few years sober now as he realised he was an ar*ehole on the bevvy.

Met him very briefly when i went to see Sadowitz at Kings Theatre probably 8 or 9 years back. Think i blabbered some rubbish about the World of Glasgow tapes, no doubt the Marty Pellow one as it was pre the TV show.

He can be downright brilliant, make interesting observations or fall completely flat all within a few sketches. Most of it is quite oddball comedy so often doesn't translate so well into a full tv episode.

His first book - Daft Wee Stories - sums him up well - absolutely hilarious for the first 100 pages & then really hit and miss for the remainder. Not read his new one yet though.

Incredibly late, I have just watched through all the episodes of The Limmy Show for the first time.

Raging I missed these first time round. Falcon hoof sketches are genius along with DeeDee and Jacqueline McCafferty
Think you've just listed the three best things about the show there.Other than that I could take it or leave it but DeeDee was the best of the lot in my opinion.Especially when he went to Yoker!

Some of his stuff is shear genius.

His world of Glasgow podcasts were tremendous.

Some of his stuff is brilliant, especially the Dee Dee sketches. Other stuff is hit or miss but overall, quite a funny guy.

I like his sense of humour but even his biggest fan would have to say its an acquired taste. He can be great entertainment on twitter but i had to unfollow him in the lead up to the referendum as he became a 100% raging, loudmouth SNP zealot. To his credit though, he's done interviews since where he admitted he was way over the top. He hasn't mentioned much politics since the SNP's glorious downward spiral of the last few months.

He's a crackpot.

If you accept that and just go with it the guy is hilarious.

It doesn't have to make sense to be funny.

On the contary, half the appeal is that you find yourself laughing at things that you couldn't possibly explain to anyone.

Back