Limmy. Yay or Nay?

I don't think you can completely dismiss him as approach is so varied and scattergun - there are some clever and funny elements - but on the whole, I don't like him.

Would happily pump his bird, 'Lynn McGoo', though.

Thought the Falconhoof sketches were hilarious, think I've smiled at one or two other ones.

The guys marmite. You love or hate him. Personally I thinks he's a genius. Then again I am a genius :p:p

Think he's a genius. Some of his vines were brilliant as well as some of his twitter stories and webcam shows. If you liked even just bits the TV show then I can't recommend the World of Glasgow podcasts enough. The Dee Dee and Jacqueline ones are far better than the TV versions and Benjamin and Vijay are probably the best stuff he's done.

Incredibly late, I have just watched through all the episodes of The Limmy Show for the first time.

Raging I missed these first time round. Falcon hoof sketches are genius along with DeeDee and Jacqueline McCafferty

Limmy is outrageous, would love to see him live

Some of his stuff is hilarious and then some of it is just strange... shes turned the wanes against us is a classic but that will never grow old.

This is a perfect example of why I don't get it. The sketch has very little comedy value, but he manages to repeat a phrase that's memorable, and occasionally quotable, and somewhere down the line it gets remembered as if it was top drawer comedy.

Definitely a yay from me an absolute off the wall genius. Unfortunately we just don't have comedians like him nowadays. Mind you I was brought up on the Goons & all their individual shows including the Telegoons and Monty Python.

Very much a yay, he's unhinged but that makes his stuff interesting. As mentioned earlier in the thread the dee dee yoker sketch is one of my favourites. Having said that, I can still understand why folk can watch it and not see the humour, very much an acquired taste.

Big fan of his work. There is some stuff on his sketch show that was pretty poor but he said himself on his live stream after some of the episodes there was certain sketches he wasn't happy with or felt there was too much outside input from the BBC.

His Vines were amazing. The plasterer especially.

For those saying they've met him when he was drinking, you must be talking a long long time ago as he was posting on twitter a few months back that was him 13 year off it.

as with any sketch show, hit & miss

Falconhoof, DeeDee, Jacqueline McCafferty, Day the Psychic were all tremendous
some other ones were great, the first 2 "drug experiment" ones were ridiculously good but rest of them were poor
the laptop sketch was one of my favourites

his pro-independence stuff on twitter grates a bit
he has commented recently that he's not into football at all

This is a perfect example of why I don't get it. The sketch has very little comedy value, but he manages to repeat a phrase that's memorable, and occasionally quotable, and somewhere down the line it gets remembered as if it was top drawer comedy.

Its funny because its random as fck and it would be something you could imagine some mental guy in glasgow shouting walking down the street.

Very much a yay, he's unhinged but that makes his stuff interesting. As mentioned earlier in the thread the dee dee yoker sketch is one of my favourites. Having said that, I can still understand why folk can watch it and not see the humour, very much an acquired taste.

Dee dee is a fave of mines aswell the one with the kitchen untensils is class.

Anybody know where I can find the "World of Glasgow" podcasts for download? Most of the links seem to be dead.

I quite like some of his stuff but some is rotten. Went to Limmy live as someone had a spare ticket and it was actually really good.

"shes turned the weins against us" I have literally seen that guy about Glasgow, in several different places. He certainly captures the Glasgow vibe very well. Makes me laugh anyway

Back