Lineker takes a cut !

Serious question, but why are tv presenters paid so much?
It's the going rate. If the BBC dont compete all these people will just go to commercial channels and you'll have bivalves like Jim Spence presenting MOTD and Timmy Mallet doing Ken Bruce's show.

But he is still the BBC's highest presenter on around £1.3m a year , value for money ?
Not !
:mad:
Haha guy takes a pay cut, still people not happy.
Guy takes a refugee into his gaff, still not happy.

No one will ever be happy eh!

Remember the days when football pundits just spoke about football.....

hqdefault-1.jpg

Far cry from Young Boys in the park, Jumpers for Goalposts

Linekers up there with Ferdinand at the top of my hate list ad take a baseball bat to the pair of them

There’s no reason for BBC employees to be paid what they are. Linekar and the guests are certainly not the reason anyone watches MOTD.

It should be a breeding ground for new, up and coming talent to showcase themselves. Cheaply.
That's exactly what I was going to say.
Don't care about the presenters. It's the football content.
Same with the news in the morning. Think they're big shots but I couldn't care. As long as they speak properly I'm fine.
Except Carol Kirkwood. BBC will be dead to me if she ever leaves.

Personally I’m far more enraged by the amount that useless cūnt Ball takes out of our pockets. Useless, vapid arsehole.

Serious question, but why are tv presenters paid so much?
Is there one person who wouldn’t watch motd if they changed the presenter to boutros boutros ghali?
I'd actually watch MOTD if they got rid of him & the guests. How good would a highlights only show be

The Aberdeen audience is probably larger to be fair. Never heard of 6 music, no idea what type of music it plays and no idea on how to get it.

Couldn't believe Shearer is getting about £350k. He's not even on half the time.
Saw the article about this on the lunchtime news and the analyst said they could likely all get more with a commercial station.

How magnanimous of him him! As for Zoe Ball and her ilk, Just what can they do, other than talk about their so called celebrity friends, and of course self promotion .

I’ll be honest this is something we all gave a moan about but I’m clueless of how you value these people. It’s the same as footballers in many regards as so many of them seem overpaid for what they do

I bet it pisses a load of folk right off that he’s actually walked the walk and taken in a refugee and had his salary cut.

Usually the one go to retort folk have for celebs is “aye well what are you dain tae help”, and that’s that gone down the shitter.

You think he’s sharing the washing up with him. Naive in the extreme

If that's what they want to pay then good luck to him I say. I'd take it in a minute.
I think the difference here is that the bold Gary loves to comment on the inequalities of society when he himself enjoys sitting at one end of the spectrum

A token salary deduction whereafter he still earns an amount exceeding £1m whilst simultaneously preaching about the unfairness of tory cuts just makes him look like a hypocritical bastard

Lets see him work for %^*& all and donate his salary to charity for a predetermined amount of time. Fairly sure the cùnt is comfortable enough so to me he is another russell brand gobshite cùnt who would be better off sticking to what he's good at, shutting the fùck up, and presenting MOTD.

Fs how is he gonna bail his nonce brother out when he is finally locked up ?
I liked linekar before I found him on Twitter. Remember watching him on that show with nick Hancock “they think it’s all over” and he seemed a decent guy. MOTD seemed a decent guy. Even on the fucking Walkers Ads he seems ok.
Take away the script and tv camera though and he’s an insufferable, over opinionated and often agitating twat!
But then, he would probably say I am the same

These guys get these gigs for far too long. They should give them max 2-3 seasons then give the presenter slot to a newly retired player each time. That way they might just try and get a job actually within football instead of talking shit for decades.

He's an absolute worst cùnt so suggesting he is a "good guy" is wide of the mark. A hypocritical bastard of the highest fucking order.

But he's good on MOTD so I really don't care tbh.

You don’t really care yet you’ve absolutely raged in that first sentence and called him a cunt.

Okay doke.

Last edited:
Back