Linesman Stopping Our Short Corner

Edweird

What was the linesman up to today?
Taylor was back on his feet and Tav tried to take a quick short corner with Kent but the linesman stopped them. He seemed to be allowing Sellic to get back in formation!
You see Tav pause toward the end, just as he's putting the ball down. Looked like he thought better of saying something.
To thicken the mystery, the lino flew up the tunnel at the final whistle. Looked like Gerrard was maybe wanting a word.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Taylor was back on his feet and Tav tried to take a quick short corner with Kent but the linesman stopped them. He seemed to be allowing Sellic to get back in formation!
You see Tav pause toward the end, just as he's putting the ball down. Looked like he thought better of saying something.
To thicken the mystery, the lino flew up the tunnel at the final whistle. Looked like Gerrard was maybe wanting a word.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Who is the pathetic wanker?

I think walsh was having words with someone in the box. But I'd need to watch again, might have been a different incident.

Straightforwardly assisting his team was my first thought, but I’m now inclined to think Walsh told him to wait until he was back in position.

Last edited:
I imagine he was doing it because the ref told him to in his head piece.

At the end one of the linesmen goes up the tunnel sometimes (but not always strangely) although I might be wrong there as it’s been so kong since I’ve been to the football.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Rageing. Much. Spot the abused one smelly poet. C@@t

Yet the Celtic manager and players interviewed after the game claim that the referee was somehow biased against them, or didn’t control the game.

Nah.
He had gone over and was on his way back to the penalty box. Both the ref and the Tim.
The linesman may have been told to wait until Walsh was in the position he wanted to be in.
Not a huge thing. His bolting up the tunnel was odd.

Thanks Ed.

Do you have the clip of the first McGregor booking mate ?

My recollection is it was a stone waller.

So who was it who blanked SG and went up the tunnel? I'm confused. At the time I assumed one of the Dhims backroom staff. Was it the stand-side Assistant or the Fourth Official? EDIT: Just noticed its deffo not Collum.

At the time I was sure he said something along the lines of "I'm waiting for them to get back

When's the Sky replay? Worth a rewatch, or can we rewatch on VST

The linesman is thinking.... how can I stop them, can I be the 11th man? Hahaha

Thanks Ed.

Do you have the clip of the first McGregor booking mate ?

My recollection is it was a stone waller.

I don’t have a clip but I’ve now seen it multiple times.

100% a booking. Comes in late, well after the ball is away, and actually kicks forward at Kent’s legs. Not violent enough for red, but not even remotely accidental and a booking completely the correct decision.

Gonzo conk face pandering to the slavering hordes after the match, nothing more than that

I don’t have a clip but I’ve now seen it multiple times.

100% a booking. Comes in late, well after the ball is away, and actually kicks forward at Kent’s legs. Not violent enough for red, but not even remotely accidental and a booking completely the correct decision.

Gonzo conk face pandering to the slavering hordes after the match, nothing more than that

That’s where I was at the time Arminius.

My recollection was it was a clear professional foul to stop Kent from breaking on the counter attack on them.

Thank you mate.

That is embarrassing for a supposedly neutral official. To physically block a Rangers player from taking a corner until his favourite team are back in defensive position says it all.

It was the stand side linesman VB.
Strange. Like others, I've always thought the two Assistants came onto the pitch at the end to join the Referee whilst the Fourth Official kept an eye on things as the players and staff went up the tunnel. At the time I assumed it was a disgruntled Dhim - maybe it was but not of the sort I thought ha ha. Stevie G did seem surprised by it.

EDIT: Looking at it again it seems to be after all the players had left the pitch. I'd assumed it was immediately after the final whistle. Still odd to ignore the Manager.

That is embarrassing for a supposedly neutral official. To physically block a Rangers player from taking a corner until his favourite team are back in defensive position says it all.
You are at it. Assistants do it all the time when told to by the referee.

You are at it. Assistants do it all the time when told to by the referee.
Yeah you are right.

I must admit watching the game at the time i was sure he was doing it to allow the left back into position(you would as they are often doing Celtic wee favours) but it looks as though its the ref hes holding it up for as he has his back to the play and is getting into the best area to have a clear view of penalty box.

Back