Linesman Stopping Our Short Corner

Thanks Ed.

Do you have the clip of the first McGregor booking mate ?

My recollection is it was a stone waller.
Here's his first shirt tug he wasn't booked for.
The next gif is his first booking.
He looked like he was trying to get sent off yesterday.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

What was the linesman up to today?
Taylor was back on his feet and Tav tried to take a quick short corner with Kent but the linesman stopped them. He seemed to be allowing Sellic to get back in formation!
You see Tav pause toward the end, just as he's putting the ball down. Looked like he thought better of saying something.
To thicken the mystery, the lino flew up the tunnel at the final whistle. Looked like Gerrard was maybe wanting a word.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
was wondering who it was who flu past gerrard at final whistle

Strange. Like others, I've always thought the two Assistants came onto the pitch at the end to join the Referee whilst the Fourth Official kept an eye on things as the players and staff went up the tunnel. At the time I assumed it was a disgruntled Dhim - maybe it was but not of the sort I thought ha ha. Stevie G did seem surprised by it.

EDIT: Looking at it again it seems to be after all the players had left the pitch. I'd assumed it was immediately after the final whistle. Still odd to ignore the Manager.
It WAS right at the final whistle.
He fist bumps Gollum, the linesman speeds up the tunnel.

Just another useless, incompetent fool from the ranks of the worst set of footballing officials in Europe.
Part time halfwits.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Excellent mate.

How anyone can argue that wasn’t a yellow is beyond me. If Kent’s weight was on his right that could’ve been nasty.

Excellent mate.

How anyone can argue that wasn’t a yellow is beyond me. If Kent’s weight was on his right that could’ve been nasty.
Someone wrote on another thread that it was only Broon and Kennedy who thought it was harsh. All other Tims seem to be fine with it. Pundits seem to be OK with it.
It has taken one season and they are right back to type.

Someone wrote on another thread that it was only Broon and Kennedy who thought it was harsh. All other Tims seem to be fine with it. Pundits seem to be OK with it.
It has taken one season and they are right back to type.

Yes, they aren’t slow to revert to type Ed.

All of these trophies in recent years despite being cheated ? What a team they were.

I don’t know how PSG beat them 12.1.

Excellent mate.

For that alone, yellow. Add the previous shirt tug on Kamara then there is absolutely no question at all.

Coming out with that crap after games is just immature sour grapes.

I am proud our Manager holds his hands up and admits it honestly when we havent been good enough. And that he only digs things up when clearly there is a obvious injustice. Livingston being a perfect example.

For that alone, yellow. Add the previous shirt tug on Kamara then there is absolutely no question at all.

Coming out with that crap after games is just immature sour grapes.

I am proud our Manager holds his hands up and admits it honestly when we havent been good enough. And that he only digs things up when clearly there is a obvious injustice. Livingston being a perfect example.

Absolutely agree Bearskin.

Despite how frustrating some decisions have been for us in recent years Gerrard has shown integrity & if anything given officials the benefit of the doubt when many of us have been going ballistic.

He is a credit to sport, as well as being a great football manager.

Kennedy & Brown are neither.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Don't think he was trying to get sent off. He was just chasing shadows and struggling to get near to our faster, more skillful players. Both of their full backs, Brown, Welsh, Ajer, Elyounoussi and Turbull got sent to the shops on several occasions.

It WAS right at the final whistle.
He fist bumps Gollum, the linesman speeds up the tunnel.
Are you sure? Looking at the gif in the OP there’s nobody on the pitch bar the Celtic goalie by the look of things. No other players and officials. It’s your gif though so you will know the context LOL.:) I’m probably looking at it the wrong way. SG is certainly shocked by it, so it’s obviously an unusual thing.

Are you sure? Looking at the gif in the OP there’s nobody on the pitch bar the Celtic goalie by the look of things. No other players and officials. It’s your gif though so you will know the context LOL.:) I’m probably looking at it the wrong way. SG is certainly shocked by it, so it’s obviously an unusual thing.

That is weird as fuk, it is on 90+3 and looks like no players are on the pitch!!!!

Game finished with the ball in our corner so most players were in our half.

giphy.gif

@Edweird i have a supplementary question now I’ve seen the longer edition ha ha. Does that mean the Referee and other Assistant also went up the tunnel without acknowledging Gerrard as well?

Sorry.

He kicks out and readjusts his feet before Kamara's shirt pull definitely looking for an early exit.
Let’s be honest. He has barely kicked a ball against us since Rodgers fucked off. He along with Christie looked players against poor Rangers side. If he played the 90 mins it would have made no difference whatsoever imo.

Let’s be honest. He has barely kicked a ball against us since Rodgers fucked off. He along with Christie looked players against poor Rangers side. If he played the 90 mins it would have made no difference whatsoever imo.
Totally agree mate yesterday was ours regardless he shat it imo.

The referee today proved that you can be from RC schooling, a Celtic fan and match attendee and manage to make appropriate decisions.
To be fair, Collum makes the odd bizarre mistake, but I have never been given the feeling that he isn't fair.
I have always thought that Collum was the best referee in Scotland.
Yes, I know, it isn't saying much, but the one thing about him is that they cannot play the Masonic stuff with him and he isn't intimidated by their antics.

Thats

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Two yellows right there, should have been off well before he was. But all in all, the ref had a decent game i thought.

was wondering who it was who flu past gerrard at final whistle
Standard practice is for Ref and both linesman to head to centre circle at FT and leave the pitch together.This bastard was like a rat up a drain pipe at FT, leaving the ref and other linesman to follow follow the correct protocol a minute or so later.
It should be brought up and an explanation provided.

Maybe he needed a jobby.

P.S. Hope it was a hedgehog.

Last edited:
What a strange man. The manner in which he walks past Gerrard and up the tunnel.
That’s his job mate to get up the tunnel before any player or manager to watch incase they start knocking feck out of each other, the corner was blatantly wrong

What was the linesman up to today?
Taylor was back on his feet and Tav tried to take a quick short corner with Kent but the linesman stopped them. He seemed to be allowing Sellic to get back in formation!
You see Tav pause toward the end, just as he's putting the ball down. Looked like he thought better of saying something.
To thicken the mystery, the lino flew up the tunnel at the final whistle. Looked like Gerrard was maybe wanting a word.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I say that as well the linesman was, letting them regroup for the corner.

That’s his job mate to get up the tunnel before any player or manager to watch incase they start knocking feck out of each other, the corner was blatantly wrong
Wasn't he supposed to be with the other officials last to go up the tunnel?

Back