Link to pause Sky Sports and watch for free

Could it be that what you are seeing Is the April price increase that Sky should have contacted you by email about, mine will be going up by £4 1st of April but I don’t have cinema or box sets or any of that extra stuff just Entertainment and complete Sky Sports HD, used to have 4K but cancelled that because it’s redundant without Sky Sports for me anyway

To be fair, mine only goes up £3 so it could be that. I'd like to think so.

To be fair, mine only goes up £3 so it could be that. I'd like to think so.
I’m hoping it is just the price increase as it was an initial fear of losing my discounts in contract, that I had negotiated on Sky sports but in the end I just thought f**k it and went for it, you’d like to think screwing over your entire Sky sports subscribers wouldn’t be a smart move for Sky but I put nothing past those money grabbing b****s

Anything similar for virgin users?

I've not got round to ringing virgin to cancel mine yet
Called Virgin Media today, if you mention that you wish to remove Sky Sports they will give you a discount for next 3 months, ie you will watch Sky Sports for free in that period. I rather think it may depend on which package you are on, so you may have to be persistent.

Could it be that what you are seeing Is the April price increase that Sky should have contacted you by email about, mine will be going up by £4 1st of April but I don’t have cinema or box sets or any of that extra stuff just Entertainment and complete Sky Sports HD, used to have 4K but cancelled that because it’s redundant without Sky Sports for me anyway

The increase comes in June mate.. Sky are at it.

If your not getting through via the sky website to pause your Sky sports subscription then:
  1. phone Sky as if you were going to cancel found in the sky help section, ignore the wait time it's irrelevant
  2. Type in your phone number connected to the account if you are calling from a number that won't be recognised ie your works phone
  3. You then get put through to the automated part where it asks what your calling for
  4. Say 'cancel sky' at which point you will be asked if you are looking to 'pause sky sports',
  5. Say yes then it should eventually ask for your postcode 1 letter/number at a time
after all that then you should have your sky sports subscription paused. I did this in probably 5 minutes roughly better than waiting on the website to get the finger out.

Sky TV tel: 03337593916

Waited a while to pause my sky sports but eventually did after 5 minutes.
Went to check my future bills and for April it's completely free so I'm saving £28 for Skysports complete pack and £6 for Skysports HD pack and for May I'm saving £23.48 and £5.03 respectively then reverts back to full payments by June.

Probably be more like 6 months. Just cancel it when it starts up again, they’ll soon come begging with offers for you to sign back up!

This is what I’m banking on. There’s always offers for sport & with both the English / Scottish title race all but over I can live without it.

If you “pause” sky sports do you eventually resume at the same price you’re currently on?

I ask as I’m on a roughly 50% normal price deal and wouldn’t want to go to full price by lifting the pause whenever things get back on track.

Since you are 'pausing' the subscription and not cancelling it, then you should return under the exact same terms.

Think others are either getting mixed up with price increases or have a very good case to argue.

The increase comes in June mate.. Sky are at it.
I have an email from them saying it’s the 1st of April my price increase happens I’m not saying you are wrong as you may well be getting an increase in June but it’s not when I’m getting mine.

Looked at my future bills and as I would expect to see Sky Sports/HD free May/Jun but starts to go back up to previous price I was paying (with discounts still intact) prior to the 'pause' a tiny bit of June/July and all of July/Aug hopefully this will get extended as there is just no way we will see live sports until the new season IMO.

Since you are 'pausing' the subscription and not cancelling it, then you should return under the exact same terms.

Think others are either getting mixed up with price increases or have a very good case to argue.

There was a post from someone who rang & the lassie told him the opposite i.e. it will kick back in a full cost so it will be interesting to see what happens.

There was a post from someone who rang & the lassie told him the opposite i.e. it will kick back in a full cost so it will be interesting to see what happens.
You can see the future bills either on line and/or on your Sky box.

Having done so, it looks like you get one months Sky Sports free and some of the next month discounted.

The good news is that whatever price you were on prior to asking for the freeze, you go back to that price when it is over

If your not getting through via the sky website to pause your Sky sports subscription then:
  1. phone Sky as if you were going to cancel found in the sky help section, ignore the wait time it's irrelevant
  2. Type in your phone number connected to the account if you are calling from a number that won't be recognised ie your works phone
  3. You then get put through to the automated part where it asks what your calling for
  4. Say 'cancel sky' at which point you will be asked if you are looking to 'pause sky sports',
  5. Say yes then it should eventually ask for your postcode 1 letter/number at a time
after all that then you should have your sky sports subscription paused. I did this in probably 5 minutes roughly better than waiting on the website to get the finger out.

Sky TV tel: 03337593916

Cheers mate. Just went down this route and got it sorted in about two minutes.

Just spoke to an advisor at Sky and he told me this deal cuts the channels off so you cannot watch them or your recordings so might be worth checking this.
I was trying to get a deal - been with Sky since it started and all he offered me was ditching the kids channels to save me £20!
No deals apparently.

Spent most of the day trying via the link and just getting either ‘we are busy please do not refresh’ or when it did go through to the next stage I just got constant buffering.
Just tried the My Sky App and two clicks later all done.
I did wonder if there was going to be some sort of ‘payback’ for those on a deal, but it looks like the small increase showing around June is just the regular price rise.

many thanks OP for highlighting

Just spoke to an advisor at Sky and he told me this deal cuts the channels off so you cannot watch them or your recordings so might be worth checking this.
I was trying to get a deal - been with Sky since it started and all he offered me was ditching the kids channels to save me £20!
No deals apparently.
The advisor seems ill informed as when I did it via the automated system method the message clearly states you can still watch the channels and your recordings. Perhaps the advisor thought you were looking to cancel it as opposed to ‘pause it’ or was trying to put you off doing it either way for me I’ve got zero interest watching re-runs and anything they want to put out to fill the gaps so until live football returns I’m hoping to pay as little as possible for there ahem ‘quality’ programming

Not internationally to hijack onto Virgin thing seen a few folk ask - I don’t think they know what they are doing - apparently not lot of managers in and although they offer help on the website it’s just the usual crap cut your services no pause or delay payments

I started with looking for help to probably cut sports seeing as there is no live events, 3hrs in, I’d been passed from place to place, sent to collections who can’t do anything until you miss a payment so that was a waste of 40mins. I ended up at retentions and just cancelling it and I’m sure if am still alive come 19th April I’ll be getting offered the moon on a stick. I might just patch it that point aswell kids just watch shite on Tv anyway.

I called Sky today, paused my payments for Sky Sports but I am still getting all the sports channels for free for the next 3 months, knocked just under £30 off my bill, very happy with that.

Had been trying most of the day and had no joy. Tried again an hour ago and it was sorted, must have been a lot of traffic to the site during normal hours which is understandable.

thanks - paused my folks for them

payments go from 80 to 62
but up to 85 in 3 months

poor that prices then going up...

You can see the future bills either on line and/or on your Sky box.

Having done so, it looks like you get one months Sky Sports free and some of the next month discounted.

The good news is that whatever price you were on prior to asking for the freeze, you go back to that price when it is over

That's what my bills show as well.

Any word on BT doing similar? Paying over 30 quid a month for hee haw.

Nothing from them yet. Will be surprised if they offer anything .

Did you miss the hot dog eating contest and tetris world championships they had on the other night?

Back