Link to pause Sky Sports and watch for free

Coops2016

I am on a great deal but have paused . Will fight them if and when it comes at the end if my discount is still not in place

Empire

Administrator
Staff member
Spent most of the day trying via the link and just getting either ‘we are busy please do not refresh’ or when it did go through to the next stage I just got constant buffering.
Just tried the My Sky App and two clicks later all done.
I did wonder if there was going to be some sort of ‘payback’ for those on a deal, but it looks like the small increase showing around June is just the regular price rise.

many thanks OP for highlighting
genuinely can’t see anywhere on app that allows you to do this

11huistra11

Cant get it to work on laptop, phone browser or app.

infact the app doesnt even have the link to do it anymore

fuckin shambles

TimzRFudz

Used the link on my phone. Had to sign in. Took 30s.
Haven’t been able to check on my full profile yet to see what’s actually happening though.

I phoned yesterday to do this and did it through the automated call system but I can still see Skysports and my bills are still the same going forward, anyone else had this?
I had this issue yesterday pausing my dads sky sports. For whatever reason it didn’t work via the automated phone option. I just waited until about 11pm last night and did it via the my sky app and the discount showed up immediately in the future bills.

DMac83

I paused mine and am currently on a deal. When I look ahead at my future bills my discounts are still applied.

tommohawk

cocobob

I received a Sorry but letter from Sky today. £2 for entertainment £1 Q multiscreen £1 for HD .

Cheers .
It's only going one way from now on,prices are on the up.

ronaldieu

Official Ticketer
Had to call them. Link just spins round and round for eternity
Same thing for me.

Funny how they can stream HD quality video to literally millions of people but they can't handle the demand to view a single webpage.

Someone more cynical than me would suggest they're doing it on purpose.

AvochBlue

I phoned to cancel my whole subscription.
And they said im not allowed as they dont have enough staff....... but i can upgrade if i want

Whosthedado9

I'm on a cracking deal for the full works.

Pausing then leads to me eventually losing this deal when I put sports back on and my bill goes up.

I'll continue to pay what I currently do without pausing.
I Got the deal a few weeks ago sky sports and bt sports for £47 per month. Do you reckon I will lose this if I pause mine?

Baloo72

I've been trying to get through to Virgin for days. Got them on live chat and after going through 30 minutes of nonsense was told that they could give me £7.50 off a month. Or I could remove sports and movies which would increase my payments by £7 o_O. Told them to cancel the lot. That can only be done over the phone haha
Same thing for me "more expensive to change it"

weewinnin

It seems to be paused for 2/3 months. My future bills show the amount back to normal in 2 bills time (with my Sky Sports discount back on)

Scosha

Official Ticketer
Been trying since yesterday morning on the website but it just keeps spinning on the page to lead up.

Came on to this thread and saw you could do it via the Sky app. Hadn’t thought about it. Literally a couple of clicks later and it’s paused!

The app is much better

Toph1985

Been trying since yesterday morning on the website but it just keeps spinning on the page to lead up.

Came on to this thread and saw you could do it via the Sky app. Hadn’t thought about it. Literally a couple of clicks later and it’s paused!

The app is much better
I can’t get the web link to work and can’t see a link on the app, where about is it?

Toph1985

I still don’t see it, guess it isn’t an option for me and that might be why I can’t get the web link to work