Link to pause Sky Sports and watch for free

Disco Deejay

Appreciate there is already a thread on Sky Sports, but thought it might help a few Bears save money to highlight it.

You can now pause Sky Sports payments with immediate effect either from the link below or from the App. All 11 Sky Sports channels plus recordings will still be available to watch and payments will resume when the action returns.

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/...F3i2ezCxTAj1LJ-0U7wd5s6A7BTJzcHp8DkOdaFCijDE8

Thanks, I did this last night after seeing it mentioned on another thread. Much better than sitting on the phone for ages.

Been trying since yesterday, can't get page to work

I used it this morning and it worked no problem. I notice that it now says you are held in a queue, so obviously very busy.

If you are signed into your Sky account, sign out, close the page and then use the link, which should then work.

I used it this morning and it worked no problem. I notice that it now says you are held in a queue, so obviously very busy.

If you are signed into your Sky account, sign out, close the page and then use the link, which should then work.

Tried all that bud, can get to the point where you click t&c's to confirm, next page then says page temp unavailable. (Been like that since last night for me)

Cheers for this.

I'd just upgraded equipment etc and thought I was going to get stuck with the deal I'd got.

Fair play to Sky as well for doing this.

Just getting an error page at the moment. Will try again later. Thanks OP as hadn't seen this.

Nice spot! I was on hold for 15 mins the other day but got mine cancelled. I wanted it paused but guy just said to phone back when i want them added back on. Pausing it seems easier.

I've been trying to get through to Virgin for days. Got them on live chat and after going through 30 minutes of nonsense was told that they could give me £7.50 off a month. Or I could remove sports and movies which would increase my payments by £7 o_O. Told them to cancel the lot. That can only be done over the phone haha

I have a 10 month NOW tv football season pass.
Contacted them online and have received £19.90 credit, they will only credit one month at a time.
Hopefully will receive another full month credit next month.

Just a thought mind you...if they're still letting people watch what's on effectively for "free" wouldn't it be easier if they just did automatically for everybody. Save folk having to sit in a queue ?

Thanks for posting this. Saying it's busy just now. Will keep trying

Appreciate there is already a thread on Sky Sports, but thought it might help a few Bears save money to highlight it.

You can now pause Sky Sports payments with immediate effect either from the link below or from the App. All 11 Sky Sports channels plus recordings will still be available to watch and payments will resume when the action returns.

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/...F3i2ezCxTAj1LJ-0U7wd5s6A7BTJzcHp8DkOdaFCijDE8
@Monkspath Miko, you seen this??

If your not getting through via the sky website to pause your Sky sports subscription then:
  1. phone Sky as if you were going to cancel found in the sky help section, ignore the wait time it's irrelevant
  2. Type in your phone number connected to the account if you are calling from a number that won't be recognised ie your works phone
  3. You then get put through to the automated part where it asks what your calling for
  4. Say 'cancel sky' at which point you will be asked if you are looking to 'pause sky sports',
  5. Say yes then it should eventually ask for your postcode 1 letter/number at a time
after all that then you should have your sky sports subscription paused. I did this in probably 5 minutes roughly better than waiting on the website to get the finger out.

Sky TV tel: 03337593916

Last edited:
If your not getting through via the sky website to pause your Sky sports subscription then:
  1. phone Sky as if you were going to cancel found in the sky help section, ignore the wait time it's irrelevant
  2. Type in your phone number connected to the account if you are calling from a number that won't be recognised ie your works phone
  3. You then get put through to the automated part where it asks what your calling for
  4. Say 'cancel sky' at which point you will be asked if you are looking to 'pause sky sports',
  5. Say yes then it should eventually ask for your postcode 1 letter/number at a time
after all that then you should have your sky sports subscription paused. I did this in probably 5 minutes roughly better than waiting on the website to get the finger out.

Cheers !

They must have changed that mate. All it's saying now is to do the pause thing online. Pain in the tits !
It does say that early in the call need to go past that and get to the automated part where they ask what you want if you say cancel sky at this point then should ask you if you are looking to 'pause sky sports'
I agree though this is a pain in the tits that we even have to bother

It does say that early in the call need to go past that and get to the automated part where they ask what you want if you say cancel sky at this point then should ask you if you are looking to 'pause sky sports'
I agree though this is a pain in the tits that we even have to bother

Got it now mate. I was dialling a different number. Going through on 03442414414 did the trick.

Cheers :)

If you “pause” sky sports do you eventually resume at the same price you’re currently on?

I ask as I’m on a roughly 50% normal price deal and wouldn’t want to go to full price by lifting the pause whenever things get back on track.

I've managed to do it online but when I look at future bills, in 3 months time, my monthly bill is approx. £17 a month more expensive than it is today before doing this pause process. Possibly could be a bit of a scam if your currently on a deal. One to watch folks.

Last edited:
If you “pause” sky sports do you eventually resume at the same price you’re currently on?

I ask as I’m on a roughly 50% normal price deal and wouldn’t want to go to full price by lifting the pause whenever things get back on track.

No, see my post above.

I've managed to do it online but when I look at future bills, in 3 months time, my monthly bill is approx. £10 a month more expensive than it is today before doing this pause process. Possibly could be a bit of a scam if your currently on a deal. One to watch folks.

think I might have fucked myself with it too then!

I've managed to do it online but when I look at future bills, in 3 months time, my monthly bill is approx. £10 a month more expensive than it is today before doing this pause process. Possibly could be a bit of a scam if your currently on a deal. One to watch folks.
Could it be that what you are seeing Is the April price increase that Sky should have contacted you by email about, mine will be going up by £4 1st of April but I don’t have cinema or box sets or any of that extra stuff just Entertainment and complete Sky Sports HD, used to have 4K but cancelled that because it’s redundant without Sky Sports for me anyway

Back