Link to pause Sky Sports and watch for free

I'm on a cracking deal for the full works.

Pausing then leads to me eventually losing this deal when I put sports back on and my bill goes up.

I'll continue to pay what I currently do without pausing.

Pausing then leads to me eventually losing this deal when I put sports back on and my bill goes up.

Ah shit I never realised this. I am on a discounted rate at the moment and just paused it

Ah shit I never realised this. I am on a discounted rate at the moment and just paused it

I got the missus to phone up the other day. This is what she was told.

I pay under £60 for sky q in three rooms with every channel/hd(thanks to a poster on here).

You should still be on the discounted rate, you can see your future bills both on line and via your set box top.

I got a reduced deal earlier in the week and froze Sky Sports payments yesterday. My on line bills show the discount for pausing Sky Sports and also show the reduced price is kept post freeze.

I wonder if everyone cancelling Sky will have a detrimental efficient on football in Scotland and England financially in the near future.

I phoned yesterday to do this and did it through the automated call system but I can still see Skysports and my bills are still the same going forward, anyone else had this?

Last edited:
Anyone know how to do this with BT sports?
I didn’t manage to ‘pause’ my BT Sports like Sky have done, however I managed to negotiate a better deal, £24 credit applied to my account, which as I was getting BT Sports free it was the equivalent of 6 months of 4K and HD ‘free’ as my contract meant I was paying £4 for 4K and HD. I argued that the BT box is lying redundant now an ornament in fact as I only watch live football on it and took the full TV package as that was required to get 4K. I did this all via the chat facility and if you persevere you might be able to get an equivalent deal hope that helps anyone

Is anyone able to 100% confirm that you keep your existing offers after the pause? Doesn’t say anywhere on sky site. Reluctant to go ahead with it until it’s confirmed.

Last edited:
I got the missus to phone up the other day. This is what she was told.

I pay under £60 for sky q in three rooms with every channel/hd(thanks to a poster on here).
I hope I can allay you fears with this as I was in the same boat but I did it and now my future bills show that May/Jun Sky sports is free (with all discounts still there) and a ‘Sky sports paused’ discount (full amount of your discounted price) this is the same for Sky sports HD, in Jun/Jul it starts to creep up a little back to pre paused and all your discounts included in the price and by Jul/Aug your back to you original price with your discounts still intact. I think some of the Sky advisors are either ill informed or simply at it.

Is anyone able to 100% confirm that you keep your existing offers after the pause? Doesn’t say anywhere on sky site. Reluctant to go ahead with it until it’s confirmed.
I hope I can allay you fears with this as I was in the same boat but I did it and now my future bills show that May/Jun Sky sports is free (with all discounts still there) and a ‘Sky sports paused’ discount (full amount of your discounted price) this is the same for Sky sports HD, in Jun/Jul it starts to creep up a little back to pre paused and all your discounts included in the price and by Jul/Aug your back to you original price with your discounts still intact. I think some of the Sky advisors are either ill informed or simply at it.

Cheers mate. Will go ahead and do it.

Has anyone had any joy with Virgin Media yet? 3 times I've tried to phone this morning only to be cut off from hold after 30 odd minutes! No joy online - just tells me to call

What’s the best number to call them? This online option is pointless, can’t get anywhere with it.

Used the link, took 20 seconds.

Thanks OP.

I'll deal with any attempt to increase my fee if and when it happens.

Do not pause if you're on a discount as it will cancel it. I have just spoken to tell them that it is a con. He advised that it was coming to an end. I explained that I have had this for over 18mths.

I am on a great deal but have paused . Will fight them if and when it comes at the end if my discount is still not in place

Spent most of the day trying via the link and just getting either ‘we are busy please do not refresh’ or when it did go through to the next stage I just got constant buffering.
Just tried the My Sky App and two clicks later all done.
I did wonder if there was going to be some sort of ‘payback’ for those on a deal, but it looks like the small increase showing around June is just the regular price rise.

many thanks OP for highlighting

genuinely can’t see anywhere on app that allows you to do this

Cant get it to work on laptop, phone browser or app.

infact the app doesnt even have the link to do it anymore

fuckin shambles

Used the link on my phone. Had to sign in. Took 30s.
Haven’t been able to check on my full profile yet to see what’s actually happening though.

I phoned yesterday to do this and did it through the automated call system but I can still see Skysports and my bills are still the same going forward, anyone else had this?

I had this issue yesterday pausing my dads sky sports. For whatever reason it didn’t work via the automated phone option. I just waited until about 11pm last night and did it via the my sky app and the discount showed up immediately in the future bills.

I paused mine and am currently on a deal. When I look ahead at my future bills my discounts are still applied.

I received a Sorry but letter from Sky today. £2 for entertainment £1 Q multiscreen £1 for HD .

Cheers .
It's only going one way from now on,prices are on the up.

Had to call them. Link just spins round and round for eternity
Same thing for me.

Funny how they can stream HD quality video to literally millions of people but they can't handle the demand to view a single webpage.

Someone more cynical than me would suggest they're doing it on purpose.

I phoned to cancel my whole subscription.
And they said im not allowed as they dont have enough staff....... but i can upgrade if i want

I Got the deal a few weeks ago sky sports and bt sports for £47 per month. Do you reckon I will lose this if I pause mine?

I've been trying to get through to Virgin for days. Got them on live chat and after going through 30 minutes of nonsense was told that they could give me £7.50 off a month. Or I could remove sports and movies which would increase my payments by £7 o_O. Told them to cancel the lot. That can only be done over the phone haha
Same thing for me "more expensive to change it"

Back