Linked with Mahmoud Saber

Jose Calypso

Official Ticketer
EGYPTIAN winger Mahmoud Saber has claimed that he has been approached by Rangers over a potential move to Ibrox this summer - but warned that the Glasgow giants face stiff competition for his signature.

The highly-rated 18-year-old - dubbed by some as the new Mohamed Salah - has ran down his contract with Al-Ahly in his homeland, opening the door for a move to Europe.

Saber is now free to speak to other clubs about the possibilty of a move and recently claimed that Rangers, Valencia and Benfica are among the clubs to have approached him.

He told the Daily Record: "Because I have never signed a professional contract with Al-Ahly, I am deemed an amateur player and can sign for a new club for nothing.

"I have offers from Rangers in Scotland, Valencia in Spain and Benfica from Portugal as well as a big club in Tunisia. I will make my decision soon.

"I have European agents sorting my future and I hope to be in a position to sign for my new club shortly."

If hes very highly rated and we feel we can get him I don't see why having the likes of Barker on the books should stand in the way of that.

If hes very highly rated and we feel we can get him I don't see why having the likes of Barker on the books should stand in the way of that.
Same but I'm always dubious when a player or his agent is touting themselves saying x, y and z are interested. It appears to be no more than window dressing and the way we go about business nowadays doesn't suggest we allow potential targets with a permission slip to go and yell it from the roof tops.

Sounds similar to Bongani Zungu it would appear our club is being used as bait to up the interest in these type of players it's happening more and more atm.

It's always the new superstar from ever country. :)

But if he comes to us I will chose to believe he is the new Salah!!

At 18 it wouldn’t be that surprising if he’s been given an offer to start off in our youth team and see how he develops

We don’t need any more wingers we’ve got about 8 already

We have one winger competent of playing in the first 11.

We need better than Barker, Jones, Murphy, Stewart.

Hagi is not a winger although he can operate from a wide starting position.

Yes we have numbers in the forward areas but we don’t have real options that can come off the bench and make an impact. if anything was to happen to a Kent we’d seriously feel it.

Back