Linked with Moussa Konate in the French press

No idea.

But it has to be for serious money if we are forking out 10M or even close to that.

I hope he stays but just cant see it now. There is no way we are spending that kind of money on a 3rd choice striker. If the guys coming Alfie is going the other. I will be gutted

It’s gutting, absolutely, especially as it looks like he’s finally begun to screw the nut and has looked even more ferocious this season than ever before.

Time to get top dollar for him if this is true.

This is our model - let’s make it work for us.

Cant help but think a Morelos deal is agreed with us allowed to keep him until final Europa Qualifier.

Really hope its the right player at the right price

A search on twitter the only mention of him abroad is an Eintracht Frankfurt fan. (Not a news source)

Rebic leaving them this week (showing 36 mil on transfermarkt)

(Eintracht of course also hanging onto Rebic until end of Europa Qualifiers)

Rebic info.

Good question but who knows. I just see this gaining momentum and the source isn't exactly a jacko exclusive which makes me think it's true

Nah I totally agree that there could be something in the article, just find it strange that he came on today if there was something going on behind the scenes.

This is all very strange.

It would seem very weird for rumours of us tabling a huge bid to break before any rumours at all of an interest in Morelos.

It would be insane for us to make a huge bid before the money from Morelos was guaranteed in which case playing him this afternoon would be very strange.

Us bidding for a player like this without losing Morelos makes no sense

If we had £10mill sloshing around without selling Morelos, it would have seemed more sensible to have signed Kent and Cosgrove with the change as cover.

Lots of this just don’t add up.

I think there must be hints of a Morelos bid so we are sounding out a replacement. We don’t want to sell Alfie for obvious reasons but this guy is at least one player we are monitoring. The “bid being in” is most likely someone running away with the story.

I really don’t want Alfie to go. And would doubt we’ll get a replacement of his standard. This guy’s goals return looks pretty questionable and his YouTube reel is somewhat lacking in quantity. Nonetheless the interest in him suggests that there is something there so i’d defer judgement till we actually see him. If we do. And I kinda hope we don’t.

Cant help but think a Morelos deal is agreed with us allowed to keep him until final Europa Qualifier.

Really hope its the right player at the right price

A search on twitter the only mention of him abroad is an Eintracht Frankfurt fan. (Not a news source)

Rebic leaving them this week (showing 36 mil on transfermarkt)

(Eintracht of course also hanging onto Rebic until end of Europa Qualifiers)

Rebic info.

Where is Rebic off to?

IF Alfie was away surely we wouldn’t risk him today?

Seems a strange report but certainly not ruling it out

Seems a massive outlay on replacement

Curious situation
A massive outlay on a very unknown quantity. Risky move.

Looking at the YouTube video I am baffled the boy doesn't score more. Coupled with the fact he looks like he is their penalty taker.

On the plus side, he looks a player and scores a variety of goals. Pace and seems to be able to carry the ball and beat a man.

Morelos only played 13 minutes today. I've very rarely seen him injured at rangers tbh

But nonetheless. If this story is true...the French side accept our £9.9mill bid at 13.37. Some thug goes 2 footed into Morelos at thigh height at 13.40 and breaks both his legs in 2 places. We’ve now lost the sale and are indebted to a sum we cannot possibly pay, even just the first instalment. What do we do?

If such a major deal was on the table financed by Morelos’ move, he does not play today.

It is possible that we are hashing out a deal in concert with agreeing one for Alfie and £10millish is the number. But not a chance that the bid was tabled contingent of profits from Morelos with Alfie still being on the pitch. The risk is way too high

Last edited:
If this is true,then i can't see Alfie playing against Legia. Even if he goes tomorrow,and Konate signs,won't he need a work permit,which would almost certainly rule him out of next Sunday?

I hope we are not selling Morelos just now. If it was up to me I would wait until January transfer window.

IF Alfie was away surely we wouldn’t risk him today?

Seems a strange report but certainly not ruling it out

Seems a massive outlay on replacement

Curious situation

Possibly we’re aware of a pending bid for Morelos that hits the mark in terms of our asking fee and are therefore testing the water with regards our own list of potential replacements?

Could be that Alfie himself thinks, “Nah, you’re alright.”

he was linked with a £5m move to west brom a few months ago..... snd can play both wings.

may not be replacement, and might not be £8m either

Is it possible there's a bid in for Alfie that the board have discussed with Gerrard, and they'll only accept it if the gaffer secures a replacement first? Maybe why this story has broken before Morelos leaving

If Morelos didn't have the disciplinary problems last season he would be with a Premier League club now IMO.

If he stays and scores the goals he did last season without all the red cards then I think it's inevitable he will get a big move to the EPL.

Does he really want to go abroad?

Is it possible there's a bid in for Alfie that the board have discussed with Gerrard, and they'll only accept it if the gaffer secures a replacement first? Maybe why this story has broken before Morelos leaving

Can’t see this. I’d doubt we could afford a replacement before the Alfie deal was confirmed. Would be a big risk to take. I guess we might buy before selling Alfie if we really trusted the buying club. But no way would we play him before the deal was sealed after putting in a huge bid on someone else.

Unless we get a huge offer for Alfie I’d say it’s not a done deal

I’d keep him given the timescale to replace him

Alfie is paramount to #55

Just looking at that other boys stats he looks bang average. Hes 26 as well so I dont think we would make money on him unless he came here and tore the place up and got himself on the radar of clubs down south.

Maybe I’m just being optimistic here but in terms of transfer fees we’ve spent £4.5-5m, bringing in only about £500k but, so about £4-4.5m net spend, Gerrard did say there was a debate we may need a 3rd striker and that Zak Rudden was an option(he has now been loaned out), Greg Stewart can’t really be relied upon up top, I think there could be a deal with Amiens. Involving Grezda, could also be the delay in offloading him and maybe Konaté has been brought up in discussions, Defoe is only going to get older I have no doubt he will sign on again next season but he is 36 and a long term replacement is needed and with Alfredo potentially leaving next summer(fingers crossed he stays this summer) might just be forward planning, optimistic loyal I know

If Morelos goes it could very well mean this guy and Kent get signed permanently could be worthwhile in the long run

Back