Linked with Moussa Konate in the French press

Maybe I’m just being optimistic here but in terms of transfer fees we’ve spent £4.5-5m, bringing in only about £500k but, so about £4-4.5m net spend, Gerrard did say there was a debate we may need a 3rd striker and that Zak Rudden was an option(he has now been loaned out), Greg Stewart can’t really be relied upon up top, I think there could be a deal with Amiens. Involving Grezda, could also be the delay in offloading him and maybe Konaté has been brought up in discussions, Defoe is only going to get older I have no doubt he will sign on again next season but he is 36 and a long term replacement is needed and with Alfredo potentially leaving next summer(fingers crossed he stays this summer) might just be forward planning, optimistic loyal I know
Where is Zak off to?

Where is Zak off to?
Zak has joined Plymouth on a 6month loan deal, Gerrard said only the week before there is a debate about whether we need a 3rd striker, and name checked Zak as a potential 3rd choice, the wee injury scare with Alfredo against the Danes last week makes me wonder whether we are getting a 3rd striker in, also allows us the option of going for a classic 2 up top if needed, as much as folk don’t like a change in shape, to be successful we need the ability and personnel to do it

Nobody has really shone in the wide forward position so it makes perfect sense that Gerrard would be after more quality.

If Morelos goes it would leave us short on proven quality it the forward areas so I think Kent will come home too.

Morelos goes for £20-25 million
Konate signs for £5-8 million
Kent signs for £7 million
Gnahore signs for £4-5 million
Loan out Doc and Hastie
Sell Dorrans Holt Grezda and Dodoo

Just looking at that other boys stats he looks bang average. Hes 26 as well so I dont think we would make money on him unless he came here and tore the place up and got himself on the radar of clubs down south.

I don't know where you're looking but on Transfermkt his career stats are excellent.

Morelos goes for £20-25 million
Konate signs for £5-8 million
Kent signs for £7 million
Gnahore signs for £4-5 million
Loan out Doc and Hastie
Sell Dorrans Holt Grezda and Dodoo

The article this came from said Gnahore was being linked to other foreign clubs, it was not us

Seems like a mental fee to pay for a guy who's not even first choice there.
I know. I've not seen him play but his goal scoring record, him not being first choice for a team finishing 15th in the French league & the reported fee doesn't exactly excite me.
Selling Morelos for say £15m and buying Konate for £9m doesn't sound like good business to me at least.

I might sound a bit dramatic but , if Alfie was to leave we can forget winning the title this year .

I dont get how this guy signing means Alfies away.

going by reports, he plays wide, isnt first choice and was valued at £5m only months ago.

I reckon he might be coming in as a wide forward

Gut is telling me this is absolute jibberish although it would be criminal if we weren’t exploring targets if a last minute bid for Alfie should appear.

Looks hugely over priced also

I dont get how this guy signing means Alfies away.

going by reports, he plays wide, isnt first choice and was valued at £5m only months ago.

I reckon he might be coming in as a wide forward

If the fee is around £5mi and if he is more of a wide forward then I could see this, either as an alternative to Kent or as a bit of a mind game in negotiations for Kent (leak the story to show we have options).

If he’s a striker or if the fee is £10mill it only makes sense if Alfie is going.

m8 flying home to NI saw mr n mrs Alfie in Glasgow airport.
no way are players getting downtime away this week.
If it’s happening would rather find out sooner than later between this and Fridays thing it’s been a rubbish weekend for us

m8 flying home to NI saw mr n mrs Alfie in Glasgow airport.
no way are players getting downtime away this week.

I'm led to believe he spends most of his time in London. Doesn't take long for him to get back up here on a flight back.

I might sound a bit dramatic but , if Alfie was to leave we can forget winning the title this year .
Know what you're saying but..Let's say he continues his current form and keeps his discipline.EPL teams will then be in for him January.What's more disruptive to our goals and aims for the season?Now?Or in all likelihood January?

Back