Linked with Moussa Konate in the French press

I think this is a contingency if an acceptable bid comes in for Alfie. If there was a bid there or we were in negotiations he would have played no part yesterday.

Our players were def off last Monday, not sure if this is the case this week also.

the guy was valued at £5 only months ago and hes now not first choice, I reckon the 10mill is exagerated a bit

Because a press report says 5 million a few months ago that doesn’t really mean its accurate either, he’s valued at £6.5 million on Transfermkt which is usually far lower than the players market value, for instance (Alfie is £6.75)

Because a press report says 5 million a few months ago that doesn’t really mean its accurate either, he’s valued at £6.5 million on Transfermkt which is usually far lower than the players market value, for instance (Alfie is £6.75)

It would also be notable that a bid came in for him for £5mill a few months ago, *and he wasn’t sold*. So they value him as being worth more than £5mill.

But nonetheless. If this story is true...the French side accept our £9.9mill bid at 13.37. Some thug goes 2 footed into Morelos at thigh height at 13.40 and breaks both his legs in 2 places. We’ve now lost the sale and are indebted to a sum we cannot possibly pay, even just the first instalment. What do we do?

If such a major deal was on the table financed by Morelos’ move, he does not play today.

It is possible that we are hashing out a deal in concert with agreeing one for Alfie and £10millish is the number. But not a chance that the bid was tabled contingent of profits from Morelos with Alfie still being on the pitch. The risk is way too high

Apart from the risk of injury your post needs to consider it’s a bit like buying a house you’ll go and look but you won’t sign on the dotted line until you’ve got a mortgage.

This is absolute madness . Not a single official thing about Alfie leaving , or this boy coming to us , just a line in a French newspaper .

Mind the centre half wexwere told we had “ signed “ as well , Mexer or whatever ? How did that end up?

Massive pinch of salt .

10m is fake news. Not a chance we are paying anywhere near that even if Alfie was to go for circa 20m.

It seems there's some legs in this though and this guy is the contingency plan.

If Alfie was to go within the next few days and we qualify for Europe, we have circa 30m of revenue coming into the club that will pave the way for Kent and a striker to come in.

No other French media papers etc are reporting it. There are no quotes

If we had that money , Kent would be here

Probably not but im only posting what it said, same way L’Equipe posted that there has been a bid.

Has to be said that, for the various reasons given many times on here, there is no chance that a bid has already gone in. There being no bid doesn’t mean that we’re not negotiating

Maybe we are getting the 3rd striker we need if and when we qualify for the group stages. If Alfredo goes he goes.

Maybe we are getting the 3rd striker we need if and when we qualify for the group stages. If Alfredo goes he goes.

I’m going to look on this as with a glass half full attitude.

We have approached this forward as we expect to have the £10m for EL progress and keep Morelos, however if we are to loose Morelos and don’t qualify then the leg work is done for a replacement.

Gerrard has denied any bid this morning according to the Sun
Aye sounds about right, Gerrard would tell the fecking Sun who he was signing. You do know Gerrard or anyone with Liverpool connections would never speak to the Sun after the Hillsborough disaster lies the peddled for so long?

Some posters are saying even if we sell Morelos there is no way we are spending 8-10 million on a replacement. So you really think we are going to replace Morelos with a 2-3 million striker? This place would implode if that happened and rightly so. The minimum level expected should be the calibre of Odsonne Edouard and he cost 9 million.

Aye sounds about right, Gerrard would tell the fecking Sun who he was signing. You do know Gerrard or anyone with Liverpool connections would never speak to the Sun after the Hillsborough disaster lies the peddled for so long?

Calm doon mate

I never said he did, i said according to the sun. Thats what they are claiming

Some posters are saying even if we sell Morelos there is no way we are spending 8-10 million on a replacement. So you really think we are going to replace Morelos with a 2-3 million striker? This place would implode if that happened and rightly so. The minimum level expected should be the calibre of Odsonne Edouard and he cost 9 million.

Agree fully. And even then we should not expect the replacement to be at Alfie’s level. We will have got a player worth half of him. I can easily see this going badly wrong where we get a £9mill player and folk expect him to play like Bergkamp in his prime before immediately getting on his back for not living up to their fantasies.

It’s similar to the folk who claim that we got Morelos for £1mill and could sell him for £20mill so it’ll be dead easy to repeat the process and just get another £1mill player who’ll shatter our transfer records. They never seem to wonder why no other clubs have thought of this genius easy plan.

If Alfie goes, we’ll need to replace him and we will. But it’ll almost certainly be with someone worse. A £9mill striker should work fine in Scotland but is unlikely to be as good as the £20mill+ one we’re selling.

He was a sub last night, came on last 15 mins in a 2-1 defeat.
Struggle to believe they would be selling him for £8 million if hes not even in their 11.

Or, maybe, they have a deal to sell him, to us or someone else, so he’s no longer a first pick.

Go have a look at grandmaster sucks daily newspaper thread

If we were putting in a £9m bid or if we would have had a massive bid for Morelos then it would be all over the papers , front and back

The non story broke in that 1 paper in France yesterday afternoon...giving the press over here more than enough time to try verify it.

We still deal with the sun though. One of our most ITK journos, Andy Devlin, works for the sun.

Or, maybe, they have a deal to sell him, to us or someone else, so he’s no longer a first pick.
Maybe, i dont follow French football so couldn't say, I only noticed he was a sub on Saturday and other posters saying he's not been 1st choice for a while.
If they had a deal on place to sell him.then he would have prob been left out of the squad.

If we sold Alfie for 20m and bought konate for 7-8m and Kent for 7 we'd still be making a profit and if we qualify for the europa league we'll bank around another 10m so financially it could be a good week for the club. I don't want Alfie to go but if his replacement is of real quality and the fact we could afford Kent would soften the blow for some. As people have said we've sold better before and replaced them well. It's gonna happen at one point I just hope whoever we sign when Alfie goes they can do the business for us

We continued to play Alan Hutton when there was a bid in from him from Spurs, Morelos coming on for 10 minutes doesn't really mean anything either way.
Morelos will more than likely start on Thursday and Sunday. So as you said down,t mean a thing.
We still deal with the sun though. One of our most ITK journos, Andy Devlin, works for the sun.
To be honesty with you mate we shouldn,t be dealing with the current bun.

What they pay for players has no bearing on what we do. Would you say Julien is 3x the player Katic is? We've been pretty smart with signings recently and I wouldn't judge a player on the fee paid for them anymore.

This totally depends if we qualify for the group stages on Thursday and if Morelos is sold. Gerrard has already came out and says he expects a bid for him.

If he Alfie does the business Thursday and Sunday and by Monday afternoon he is off and we get a big fee then I’ve no hard feelings on the wee man.

All being we have a replacement in...

Maybe Morelos has agreed a deal verbally with some team and rangers have said we will do it after Thursday make or break qualifier, the old firm and a replacement brought in.

Back