Lion Rampant / Union Jack day poll

Would you welcome a lion rampant / Union Jack day at Ibrox

• Yes

Votes: 1,322 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 101 7.1%

• Total voters

Dalgety Bear

In my opinion we should be reclaiming our royal standard. Years gone by we used to see it quite a bit. I’d love an organised lion rampant & Union Jack day at Ibrox. There was a thread on the old board about this and I’m sure it was a very positive response.
I would be happy to get involved if pointed in the right direction of who to approach.

Last edited:
The saltire is very much the centre piece of the union flag when you fly the union flag you fly the saltire I would like very much to have the flag of Northern Ireland flying along with the union flag now that would really wind up the snp dicks in our support and further afield

The saltire is very much the centre piece of the union flag when you fly the union flag you fly the saltire I would like very much to have the flag of Northern Ireland flying along with the union flag now that would really wind up the snp dicks in our support and further afield

Red hand,union flag,lion rampant,saltire and St. George’s Cross that would be a mind %^*& for the yesers...

Red hand,union flag,lion rampant,saltire and St. George’s Cross that would be a mind %^*& for the yesers...

24zch2b.jpg
nb2fb.jpg
2ymubeh.jpg
168g2g3.jpg
a2vklf.jpg

2mwh3lj.jpg

maylq1.jpg

We should reclaim the saltire too, as decent English fans did when they refused to let far right knuckledraggers appropriate the national flag.

We are Scottish and British, that's our unique identity, and we should remember that most Scots are unionists and have been for three centuries.

We should reclaim the saltire too, as decent English fans did when they refused to let far right knuckledraggers appropriate the national flag.

We are Scottish and British, that's our unique identity, and we should remember that most Scots are unionists and have been for three centuries.
Totally agree. Looks like there is a appetite for something like this. Possibly a “Scotland is British day”
Saltires, Lion Rampants and Union Jacks in every stand. A sight to behold

A few years ago on another forum I posted loads of Youtube videos of Scotland fans in London in the 70's and 80's.

In the videos the thing that was quite different to now a days is the amount of yellow Lion Rampant Flags/T-shirts and the amount of red tartan hats and scarfs in the Scotland support. It actually brought back images of Scotland fans (I'm from NI originally ) that I'd long forgotten about.

I'm always drawn to the red and yellow combo, lots of childhood TV imagery is dominated by Red/Yellow SuperTed, Chocabloc, ...but that's maybe for another thread and my psychiatrist.

Anyway, a lot of these videos were quite lively and I often wondered if someone in the Nationalist movement had them removed for PR purposes as they've disappeared completely.

I only feel pride and patriotism looking at the Union flag these days. Saltires, or lion rampants are off putting to me. They are too tainted by Scottish nationalism.

A few years ago on another forum I posted loads of Youtube videos of Scotland fans in London in the 70's and 80's.

In the videos the thing that was quite different to now a days is the amount of yellow Lion Rampant Flags/T-shirts and the amount of red tartan hats and scarfs in the Scotland support. It actually brought back images of Scotland fans (I'm from NI originally ) that I'd long forgotten about.

I'm always drawn to the red and yellow combo, lots of childhood TV imagery is dominated by Red/Yellow SuperTed, Chocabloc, ...but that's maybe for another thread and my psychiatrist.

Anyway, a lot of these videos were quite lively and I often wondered if someone in the Nationalist movement had them removed for PR purposes as they've disappeared completely.
Back in the day when the majority of the Scotland support were Rangers fans. Seeing the scenes yesterday it has flipped. I would love nothing more than Rangers fans to reclaim at least a sizable part of the Scottish support, if for nothing else than to make fannies like the one that attacked Abdul to think twice about it.

I only feel pride and patriotism looking at the Union flag these days. Saltires, or lion rampants are off putting to me. They are too tainted by Scottish nationalism.
The Lion rampant is the Royal Standard of Scotland.
Yesser that stays across from my mother-in-law currently has one flying on the flagpole in his garden. Feel like knocking on his door and asking if the Queen is in :))

That’s allowing them to hijack and take the saltire . It isn’t theirs to take .
It's just the way I feel about it now. When I see Union flags adorned throughout the Rangers support I feel pride in being British. I love our club's strong association with Britishness. It's become more meaningful to me over the years, particularly recent years.
Scottish flags may not be theirs to take. I agree with you. However, I feel nothing seeing them. Everything about nationalist Scotland repels me. Particularly the people who lead it. How anyone votes for a lot of these reptiles disgusts me. To me being British counteracts their influence. It's the only thing left keeping them in check, and holding them to account. I don't want to be associated with Scottish nationalism is any form. Even if it means rejecting Scottish symbols they hijacked.
When it comes to nationality the one I feel I belong to is British. Just British.

The Lion rampant is the Royal Standard of Scotland.
Yesser that stays across from my mother-in-law currently has one flying on the flagpole in his garden. Feel like knocking on his door and asking if the Queen is in :))
That Yesser will probably tell you it belongs to the Royal Scots line, and the British monarchy have no right to it.
I do take context into account. The lion rampant flying above Royal residences in Scotland, I'm down with that. That's meaningful to me.

Back in the day when the majority of the Scotland support were Rangers fans. Seeing the scenes yesterday it has flipped. I would love nothing more than Rangers fans to reclaim at least a sizable part of the Scottish support, if for nothing else than to make fannies like the one that attacked Abdul to think twice about it.
We are still the majority of the Scotland support.

I loved the flag day we had several years ago, when all the supporters clubs/groups marched around the track with their flags and banners at half time. It would be great to see it done every year.

But, but, but . . . don't you understand you'ld be offending some folk who have never been to Ibrox, and we couldn't have that, could we?

Back