Lionel Messi and Cristiano Robaldo

iain18(7)2

Firstly, not interested in what is the most pointless and boring ‘debate’ in world football.

Leo broke his longest ever goal ‘drought’ today (4 games!) by scoring 4 in Barca’s 5-0 win in La Liga.

Cristiano has just equalled the record for goals in consecutive serie A games (11).

How lucky are we to have been alive to see these two over the last 13-14 years?! It will be a sad day when they retire.

Thread title Edit- Cristiano Ronaldo is some player as well

Firstly, not interested in what is the most pointless and boring ‘debate’ in world football.

Leo broke his longest ever goal ‘drought’ today (4 games!) by scoring 4 in Barca’s 5-0 win in La Liga.

Cristiano has just equalled the record for goals in consecutive serie A games (11).

How lucky are we to have been alive to see these two over the last 13-14 years?! It will be a sad day when they retire.

Thought you had a cold mate

We are very lucky to have had both at the same time. I don’t think there will be another two players who will simultaneously exist that will match their goal, stats, trophy haul and longevity. Special players both. Differing qualities, but an absolute credit to the game.

It will be a sad day when they both hang up their boots you are right mate. Messi especially has given me so much joy over the years, I will miss the wee man when he is no longer on that pitch. Ronaldo also has been phenomenal but I must admit I have preferred Messi out the both of them.

Quite incredible really, arguably the 2 greatest players ever playing in the exact same era and for their best years, competing directly against each other for the 2 best clubs.
Brilliant stuff, it’s some void to fill when they both retire.

There both just freaks of nature. I've unfortunately never seen Messi play but luckily enough to have seen Ronaldo a few times.

Ronaldo is my favourite of the two, but I don't think he'd have hit the same heights without Messi.

Messi has a much more natural talent in my opinion which would always have shone through.

Ronaldo on the other hand seems to have a hunger to be the best, and really works at it. Without an opponent as good as Messi, he doesn't need to push himself as hard as he has to be the best.

For the past 15 years we've watched the 2 best and most relentless players to ever play the game.

The numbers these guys have put up for over a decade is miraculous.

Can guarantee when they both hang the boots up they'll credit each other for pushing one another to the levels they've hit.

2 completely different styles but both wonderful to watch.

is his name not lionel as in lionel blair? he looks like a lionel.

Incredible to grow have them both pushing each other every year. They dont seem to be slowing down either! They are still the 2 x best in the world.

Quite incredible really, arguably the 2 greatest players ever playing in the exact same era and for their best years, competing directly against each other for the 2 best foreign clubs.
Brilliant stuff, it’s some void to fill when they both retire.

Fixed that for you.

Two fantastic footballers, messi is the better technical footballer whereas Ronaldo is the better athlete.

Could they pay together in same team or too big an ego from Ronaldo
What’s your thoughts OP and fellow bears
In a few years time,they'll both play in that Soccer Aid game,taking the piss out of Olly Murs and the like.
Although they'll hope Big Boris isn't playing..lol

Will be intrigued to see what goals tally they both finish on, Messi especially given that he’s younger.

Both are absolute different class and a joy to watch. The next gen of best in the world (Mbappe/Haaland) arent really fit to lace their boots really.

Both are brilliant players and to do it at the levels the have for this long is unbelievable.Will be a sad when they finally hang up there boots.

Could they pay together in same team or too big an ego from Ronaldo
What’s your thoughts OP and fellow bears
Of course they could.
While their not best mates they do have some sort of relationship off the field and do talk to each other. In fact Messi was/is Cristiano Jnr favourite player. Was funny when he was wee as he would get all excited when they met and would get his dad to introduce them. Wonder how Ronaldo's ego got around that.

There’s a young guy in Germany at the moment who may give them a good run for their money over the next decade
I'm guessing you're meaning Haaland, hes arguably ahead of Ronaldo at this age in terms of impact but frightening to think he'll have to maintain his current scoring rate for years to even come close to these two

Back