Lionel Messi wins Barcelona war as Nou Camp 'board to resign' after summer turmoil

dh1963

The entire Barcelona board of directors are set to sensationally resign just 24 hours before a crucial Champions League tie.

The board, and in particular president Josep Maria Bartomeu, have come under fire from fans in recent seasons and things came to a head in the summer.

The club's all-time top goalscorer Lionel Messi declared his intention to exercise a clause in his contract that would allow him to walk away from Camp Nou on a free transfer.

The Argentine superstar cited mismanagement at the club, who threatened legal action to keep him in Catalonia.

Messi eventually backed down rather than take his beloved club through the courts, but made clear his unhappiness with Bartomeu who he claimed had told him the clause would be honoured.

Elections are for next year and the current president cannot stand again but it appears he's decided to leave ahead of schedule.

According to Marcal Llorente of Mundo Deportivo and Sin Conseciones, Bartomeu and his entire board of directors have resigned just 24 hours before a crucial Champions League tie with Juventus.

It's thought he's keen not to cause any more instability at the club after a summer of turmoil.

Whether that will be enough to keep Messi at Barcelona remains to be seen, with the legendary forward's contract expiring in the summer.

(As reported in Daily Record)

They have been a shambles for a good while now, but what an undignified mess the whole thing has been playing out in public the way it has

Messi runs and ruins Barca.
He threatens to leave, they give him a wage rise. Pique, Suarez,Busquets decide they want more cash, which is granted.
He threatens to leave etc and so it goes on.
Their recruitment has been a shambles for years.

So they should. Completely ruined that club. Recruitment and management has been a disgrace for years. Don’t blame messi for wanting to leave.

These elite clubs boards are full of self serving members it’s a status thing for a lot of them probably be a fair few directors and board members across Europe’s biggest clubs who have no actual interest in what’s going on on the pitch

The entire Barcelona board of directors are set to sensationally resign just 24 hours before a crucial Champions League tie.

The board, and in particular president Josep Maria Bartomeu, have come under fire from fans in recent seasons and things came to a head in the summer.

The club's all-time top goalscorer Lionel Messi declared his intention to exercise a clause in his contract that would allow him to walk away from Camp Nou on a free transfer.

The Argentine superstar cited mismanagement at the club, who threatened legal action to keep him in Catalonia.

Messi eventually backed down rather than take his beloved club through the courts, but made clear his unhappiness with Bartomeu who he claimed had told him the clause would be honoured.

Elections are for next year and the current president cannot stand again but it appears he's decided to leave ahead of schedule.

According to Marcal Llorente of Mundo Deportivo and Sin Conseciones, Bartomeu and his entire board of directors have resigned just 24 hours before a crucial Champions League tie with Juventus.

It's thought he's keen not to cause any more instability at the club after a summer of turmoil.

Whether that will be enough to keep Messi at Barcelona remains to be seen, with the legendary forward's contract expiring in the summer.

(As reported in Daily Record)
He’s bigger than the club. Apparently.

Messi is a wank
f0xSt4i.gif

Barcelona’s outgoing president drops news that the club has agreed to join a European Super League (with other great clubs). Says a final decision will be made following a vote of the club’s members.

Bad idea

Now the outgoing board members are mentioning they are taking part in the breakaway European Super League.

I don't think the English sides wanted that information out there yet.

People making out it’s Messi v Barcelona are so wrong, vast majority of people have been wanting rid of them Messi just happens to be the guy leading the line.

Messi imo is the best ever but its a joke the power he has at the club. Classic case of 1 player been allowed to act like he is bigger than the club.

The biggest news here in my opinion is the agreement to join the European league. That’s pretty explosive and surely means football as we know it is about to be changed forever in Europe, or rather until they find a way to make even more money for themselves

The biggest news here in my opinion is the agreement to join the European league. That’s pretty explosive and surely means football as we know it is about to be changed forever in Europe, or rather until they find a way to make even more money for themselves
Victor Font, the candidate to suceed Bartomeu, is already retweeting tweets from a journalist saying it is a suicidal decision.
Just because the outgoing board agree something means nothing.
Also, the socios, Barcelona fans who are members would have to ratify any decision. Meaningless grandstanding at the moment.

Tbh the board where leaving next summer when the club elections took place. It also a shoe in that Xavi will become the manager then as well.

Messi imo is the best ever but its a joke the power he has at the club. Classic case of 1 player been allowed to act like he is bigger than the club.

Tbf, the Barca board gifted him that power by dishing out mental contracts to him. Messi wants what's best for Barcalona and said numerous times he wants to stay there for life. He's wasted a lot of his final years of his career playing for a shit Barca side. Barca's entire business model for the last decade or so has relied upon Messi being present.

Besides, Bartomeu has been a literal cancer on the club. Destroyed their youth academy, they've haemorrhaged their best youth prospects for years. Had a policy of only signing ageing star players. Dished out mental contracts to the ageing players. Hired a series of sub par managers. Signed dud after dud in the transfer market.

Why is everyone on about Messi when Pique, Suarez, Busquets and well, every single player and supporter of the club wanted the board out?

If Messi had been able to get his move he’d have taken it, instead he’s stuck playing out his remaining years in a duff squad under a duff manager. Uninformed diddies just love to pounce on him despite the fact he’s one of only millions of Barca fans who have wanted that board gone for years.

Jordi Cruyff must have a shout at getting on to the board soon

I’m sure he’s was a manager and a director at one of Israel’s bigger clubs recently

Bit of a bummer as we probably won’t see Messi in English football now. I’m sure he’ll see out his career at Barca now, especially as he’ll probably be the one picking the new manager. Koeman’s days are numbered now

Bit of a bummer as we probably won’t see Messi in English football now. I’m sure he’ll see out his career at Barca now, especially as he’ll probably be the one picking the new manager. Koeman’s days are numbered now

he’s past his best now anyway so I think the time for really seeing him do great things in the PL had already come and gone. He should have definitely jumped ship a few years ago though.

Messi is the greatest ever & yes he’s bigger than the Club. Genius that I wish we could watch again for another 15/20 years.

Barca has been a shambles for 4/5 seasons & if I was him I would have looked to leave also as he’s only got 2/3 years left @ the top in his career. If Club had it’s house in order Messi wouldn’t have looked to leave.

Yet again, the GOAT, Ronaldo, has shown Messi what he should have done.

Messi should have left that shitey club years ago. Taken his undoubted magical skills on a roadshow around Italy and England and Rangers :)).

Back