Lisbon next week

1914-18

Where we all staying for those travelling to Lisbon on the Wednesday? I'm booked on the Glassy bus to head to Porto bit was thinking of getting an early train to meet up with some mates and get some atmosphere at Ribiera square, what would be the best station between the 2 cities

Where we all staying for those travelling to Lisbon on the Wednesday? I'm booked on the Glassy bus to head to Porto bit was thinking of getting an early train to meet up with some mates and get some atmosphere at Ribiera square, what would be the best station between the 2 cities

Im in an air B&B in Belem, looks about 10/15mins away from the main bars etc in Lisbon, i get there at 6pm so it'll be a case of a tax to the digs to dump my bag then off out for a few jars.

First european away trip in 12 years, ive come a long way since 2016!

We arrive at 6pm as well, flying from stansted?
We are trying to get tickets for the benfica game

We arrive at 6pm as well, flying from stansted?
We are trying to get tickets for the benfica game

Im flying from Stansted on the same flight as you by the looks of it. If i have time, beer in departures?:cool:

I wouldnt bother with the Benfica game & just head out for scran & a few bevvies, but then thats just me:D

15:10 flight?

Last edited:
Im in an air B&B in Belem, looks about 10/15mins away from the main bars etc in Lisbon, i get there at 6pm so it'll be a case of a tax to the digs to dump my bag then off out for a few jars.

First european away trip in 12 years, ive come a long way since 2016!
Coast train from Belem will take you to Cais Do sodro station in town. Cheap as chips fare.

we booked a flight from lisbon to porto first thing thursday for £12 and going to get the glassy bus back

we booked a flight from lisbon to porto first thing thursday for £12 and going to get the glassy bus back

The flight is at £15 the now, was thinking of getting it but would mean up at 5:45 after a day on the leash on the Wednesday!

Do you know Lisbon? What would be the best train to get from Lisbon to Porto? I'm staying in the Maxime Hotel
the station you want is Santa Apolonia In Alfama. Right at the water. Where is the Maxime? Just get an Uber to station anyway or local taxi.

Flying in on the Tuesday morning from Manchester. Should be in the Hotel for 13.30 then straight out.
Has the Glassy bus final details been posted or is it the Train station around 12.30?

Flying in on the Tuesday morning from Manchester. Should be in the Hotel for 13.30 then straight out.
Has the Glassy bus final details been posted or is it the Train station around 12.30?

There should be details out on what bus number everyone is on.

Im flying from Stansted on the same flight as you by the looks of it. If i have time, beer in departures?:cool:

I wouldnt bother with the Benfica game & just head out for scran & a few bevvies, but then thats just me:D

15:10 flight?
Aye I think that’s right, wasn’t me that booked it haha

think We have a 6 hour stopover in stansted so you’ll probably be able to pick us out no bother!
We have a pal that’s a benfica and rangers fan so will be good to go

think We have a 6 hour stopover in stansted so you’ll probably be able to pick us out no bother!

I get into stansted at 13:15 from Dublin so just under 2 hour wait at stansted.

I'll be on the train from Faro to Porto Thursday morning, think it stops at Lisbon and gets to Porto about midday

With a six hour stopover it’s worth jumping on a train (downstairs at Stansted) for a 10 min trip into Bishops Stortford.

Bus 2 for me

Where is everyone heading for a few on the wednesday night in Lisbon?

In a place called expostars not too far from bus pick up at Oriente, €5 for a tuna salad baguette & a bottle of super bock.

Back