list of pubs that have bought RTV commercial package for Thur?

hurricane_jack

Official Ticketer
I remember on previous occasions where games were only on RTV and sold commercially, @Greg Marshall put up a list of pubs that had bought it.

Anyone know which/any venues that have it this time round?

I know Louden Copland Road has it, and Kirky Rangers showing it (although members only).

Anyone know of any others, post it here!

D
I remember on previous occasions where games were only on RTV and sold commercially, @Greg Marshall put up a list of pubs that had bought it.

I know Louden Copland Road has it, and Kirky Rangers showing it (although members only).

Does any Edinburgh bears know if Platform 5 has had it previously?

There will be loads showing it but the big question is who is buying it off the Club commercially and who are paying a tenner?

Would encourage bears in Glasgow to visit your fine establishment Robert, but seem to remember there were several pubs from outside Glasgow on the list last time as well. Good for those that are further afield.

:D
I think every pub that does the right thing and support the Club should be supported by the fans
the pubs that pay a tenner while making money from these games should have a look at themselves

The only mention I could find on Rangers website below.
No mention of any "commercial" subscription.

Q. "Can I watch the RangersTV in my local pub/bar"?

A. "No. It is for private, individual use only.
Commercial premises are excluded from the live streaming service."

My local can only accommodate 25 punters just now. Rangers fans will not get in, the mhankies will still be there from their 6 o'clock ko.
It is highly unlikely there will be many takers if it is £250 a pop. imo.

Last edited:
Radio silence :D
Robert. I appreciate these are difficult times but I think it is poor form what you’ve said here. Your business, when fully operational, is so high volume with all that delivers, that I don’t think you should judge others in different situations. It seems mean-spirited to me.

You have worked hard and had/have the vision to get where you are. Hats off to you.

But my point remains.

I contacted Rangers on Monday and they agreed it, the same price as last time £250
Would it be accurate to say that Rangers are not advertising this as available for commercial sale, (post 13 as reference) you had to phone Rangers up to ask to put it on in your pub and they said "Aye awright then give us £250 just like last time" ?

All seems a bit of a grey area to be honest.

From what I see, it's far too easy these days, to watch any game you like, for Free! PS; I will be paying the £9.99 and hopefully do not have to depend on a Free Stream AGAIN, to actually see the game.

From what I see, it's far too easy these days, to watch any game you like, for Free! PS; I will be paying the £9.99 and hopefully do not have to depend on a Free Stream AGAIN, to actually see the game.
Like the music industry that got too greedy, it got put on its backside by Napster. Football, particularly down south is ripping punters off. Hence lay people take time to learn about VPNs chipping firesticks etc. How many people illegally download movies and music now that Netflix Spotify etc. provide an affordable service.

Rangers have not benefited from this hence likewise I will be paying too.

Like the music industry that got too greedy, it got put on its backside by Napster. Football, particularly down south is ripping punters off. Hence lay people take time to learn about VPNs chipping firesticks etc. How many people illegally download movies and music now that Netflix Spotify etc. provide an affordable service.

Rangers have not benefited from this hence likewise I will be paying too.

I don't mind paying and Rangers benefitting, it's when the service from RTV ends up being embarassingly bad and it's far superior on a Free Stream, of RTV, would you believe, then that's what really, grinds the gears.

I don't mind paying and Rangers benefitting, it's when the service from RTV ends up being embarassingly bad and it's far superior on a Free Stream, of RTV, would you believe, then that's what really, grinds the gears.
I have had the full overseas subscription for a couple of years now and can honestly say it has improved immensely. Those problems I hope are in the past.

Hopefully Rangers do the business in 90 minutes or those watching in pubs affected by the 2200 hour curfew will miss the extra time / penalties

Robert. I appreciate these are difficult times but I think it is poor form what you’ve said here. Your business, when fully operational, is so high volume with all that delivers, that I don’t think you should judge others in different situations. It seems mean-spirited to me.

You have worked hard and had/have the vision to get where you are. Hats off to you.

But my point remains.
We are suffering a lot more than others, but I will not steal off the Club and will always pay the going rate. Without Rangers I would not have The Louden and appreciate the Club needs all the money it can get. We pay £1075 per month for Sky, £695 for BT, £150 monthly for Premier
We are about 90% down in takings from our normal takings
I believe you guys abroad stream it for free, so who is being the mean one?
Don't judge me when I am the one paying the Club

Would it be accurate to say that Rangers are not advertising this as available for commercial sale, (post 13 as reference) you had to phone Rangers up to ask to put it on in your pub and they said "Aye awright then give us £250 just like last time" ?

All seems a bit of a grey area to be honest.
Why is it a grey area? I have always bought every game off of Rangers that was available. why would it be different this time?

We are suffering a lot more than others, but I will not steal off the Club and will always pay the going rate. Without Rangers I would not have The Louden and appreciate the Club needs all the money it can get. We pay £1075 per month for Sky, £695 for BT, £150 monthly for Premier
Those numbers really hit home what damage this is doing. Missing both the games and the pre / post drinks and atmosphere in the Louden. Keep at it mate going to be some day in your pub and Ibrox when it’s all back to normal, after all “it’s the greatest sight that I have ever seen“ :)

Well I don’t stream it for free. I subscribe to RTV and our RSC has offered more than once to voluntarily pay RFC extra, an offer which has not yet been taken up. So please don’t be calling me mean when you don’t know anything about what we do. Finally, I didn’t call you mean, I said you were being mean-spirited which is clearly different.
We are also 90% down in takings and subscribe to Sky, beIN, RTV and also pay for iptv boxes as well, we are all in the same boat.

Last edited:
Thats a lot of money to fork out in normal times never mind at the moment.

£250 seems a lot to pubs in the current climate. I’d imagine with the rules and regulations that even for a big game the amount of punters in is vastly reduced

Doesn't really answer my question does it?
What's the question? How was I able to get an agreement so quickly?
It's my job to get these games on in The Louden, I have been buying of Rangers for years. I phoned up and they came back to me the next day, where is the big mystery?
What is it you are struggling to understand?

Well I don’t stream it for free. I subscribe to RTV and our RSC has offered more than once to voluntarily pay RFC extra, an offer which has not yet been taken up. So please don’t be calling me mean when you don’t know anything about what we do. Finally, I didn’t call you mean, I said you were being mean-spirited which is clearly different.
We are also 90% down in takings and subscribe to Sky, beIN, RTV and also pay for iptv boxes as well, we are all in the same boat.
good luck to you

What's the question? How was I able to get an agreement so quickly?
It's my job to get these games on in The Louden, I have been buying of Rangers for years. I phoned up and they came back to me the next day, where is the big mystery?
What is it you are struggling to understand?
I'm not struggling to understand anything, I asked if it was accurate that you had to take the initiative and phone Rangers and ask if you can show it, and they have basically said "we'll get back to you" which they did and said "Ok, that's £250 please".

I refer to it as a grey area because this thread is about "list of pubs showing games", Rangers are clearly not advertising it as available so how are other pubs and clubs supposed to know?

Seems we are missing out on some possible revenue. Fair play to your pub for being proactive and giving Rangers money for it, is it the case that the club feel it is futile to try police it and hope that others like yourself will just ring up and pay it?

I'm not struggling to understand anything, I asked if it was accurate that you had to take the initiative and phone Rangers and ask if you can show it, and they have basically said "we'll get back to you" which they did and said "Ok, that's £250 please".

I refer to it as a grey area because this thread is about "list of pubs showing games", Rangers are clearly not advertising it as available so how are other pubs and clubs supposed to know?

Seems we are missing out on some possible revenue. Fair play to your pub for being proactive and giving Rangers money for it, is it the case that the club feel it is futile to try police it and hope that others like yourself will just ring up and pay it?
Maybe, there were about 25 pubs paid for a game recently, we paid for the last friendly in Dubai, I think we were the only pub to pay it and made a loss :D
I'm old fashioned when it comes to Rangers, pay for the legal stream, and hope it helps the Club.
I doubt Rangers will even care who shows it for a tenner.
But judge yourself in your own actions and not what others do.

£250 doesn’t seem that bad a deal for pubs to show it when you consider how much they pay for sky etc.

the club should be hard selling this to everywhere.

it might even stop some streaming it for a tenner.

£250 doesn’t seem that bad a deal for pubs to show it when you consider how much they pay for sky etc.

the club should be hard selling this to everywhere.

it might even stop some streaming it for a tenner.

£250 seems ridiculous for one game when you consider he pays £1075 for sky for a full month, which if the pub was open for all those games would be what 20 live games conservatively speaking?

Fair play to paying it though as that’s a lot of pints to pull to make anywhere near that back.

£250 seems ridiculous for one game when you consider he pays £1075 for sky for a full month, which if the pub was open for all those games would be what 20 live games conservatively speaking?

Fair play to paying it though as that’s a lot of pints to pull to make anywhere near that back.

It’s a Rangers pub and he pays over a grand a month to sky that in that time will show probably 2 or 3 of our games.

Back