Live It Up - Mental As Anything

Didn’t realise the mentally challengeds used to play it to take the piss out of us.

I've been playing it in my work for years as it's a great song but will play it more often now if it annoys the manky mob. Another one that I play that has always annoyed them is Bruce Springsteen, No Retreat No Surrender. I would love to hear it belted out pre match at Ibrox.

Didn’t realise the mentally challengeds used to play it to take the piss out of us.
Pretty sure it was doing the rounds over the video of Jack in tears after the cup final & Liam Burt also posted the song aimed at us

Crash barriers adopted it last season and would quote tweet Rangers twitter at any bad result to take the piss out of us. The UB kickstarted us using it this season and it’s boiling their piss. Seen one of them say it would be like them trying to use simply the best haha.

The day we won the league at the piggery.
I was in the Mermaid, Saltcoats. And when the boys returned from Tommy Reid's bus they were giving this big licks. Cue Andy Goram standing on a bar stool directing it.
What a day. What a night!

Crash barriers adopted it last season and would quote tweet Rangers twitter at any bad result to take the piss out of us. The UB kickstarted us using it this season and it’s boiling their piss. Seen one of them say it would be like them trying to use simply the best haha.
We were singing it long before them.

I'd like 'Turn Around' by Phats & Small added to the 55 Party play list, I've told the story before, but this was at the tune the week we won the League at the Piggery. The entire clientele of the Candy Bar was dancing on the tables post match, for younger Bears the hook line is 'hey, what's wrong with you, you're looking kind of down to me'. As appropriate now as then.

I'd like 'Turn Around' by Phats & Small added to the 55 Party play list, I've told the story before, but this was at the tune the week we won the League at the Piggery. The entire clientele of the Candy Bar was dancing on the tables post match, for younger Bears the hook line is 'hey, what's wrong with you, you're looking kind of down to me'. As appropriate now as then.
Tin hat firmly in place - I phuckin hate that song. :))

Sorry.

The lead singer was perhaps the most clean cut looking rock star ever. And in the 80s there was plenty of competition.

I bet in reality he was a deviant of legendary proportions!

It’s a great song.

Pretty sure it was doing the rounds over the video of Jack in tears after the cup final & Liam Burt also posted the song aimed at us
Takes a bit of the shine off it for me, but on the flipside the scum tried to steal Welcome to the Party last season.

Could do a Christmas campaign, similar to Joey Garnier , Glad all over, a few years back.

That got into the top 40

Sitting in traffic in Dundee heading back down the road at lunch time earlier. Big removals van sitting 4/5 cars behind in inside lane, heard some blazing music but happens everyday, couldn't make it out...... . 2 mins later, was next to me could only see driver, he was singing loudest but this tune was blaring!!!!!! I mean blaring!!!!! If I had a passenger they would be leaning out giving it FTP in delight!!!

Tin hat firmly in place - I phuckin hate that song. :))

Sorry.
No worries mate, I can accept its not going to be to everybody's taste but if you had been in that bar, that day, and given it laldy with the rest of us you would have a different view on it.
Me, every time it comes on the Radio the scenes come flooding back, still the best day of my life by a distance!

Back