Live TV: Glentoran v Linfield, Irish Cup Semi Final Tonight 29/03/24

Just a heads up regarding Glentoran v Linfield ('The Bel Classico') Irish Cup Semi Final. BBC I Player, 19.45 from The Oval 29/03/24.

Also Cliftonville v Larne the other Irish Cup Semi Final, Saturday night 30/03/24 at 17.30 BBC I Player.
Pitch inspection, 2pm at The Oval

Also for the final, atmosphere wise and proper game I'd be happy to take on the north belfast rebels. They would at least bring a decent crowd of bheasts to get stuck into.

Plus would give the IFA a headache as they have to spend a fortune on security etc

WIN/WIN

I'm a blueman and while their club have made some dubious signings recently, their support is certainly not celtic inclinded as much as I dislike them.
Got to question anyone that openly cheers out and our republicans.

Look at that bastard McLean alone and as far as I could make out, had song for him. Embarrassing.

Look at that bastard McLean alone and as far as I could make out, had song for him. Embarrassing.

As was said above they've sold their souls at the thought of any sort of trophy win.

Hopefully the rumours of them having to slash their costs in the summer are true and they fall back to where they belong (not that the money they have spent has got them much further up anyway!)

As was said above they've sold their souls at the thought of any sort of trophy win.

Hopefully the rumours of them having to slash their costs in the summer are true and they fall back to where they belong (not that the money they have spent has got them much further up anyway!)

How easy will it be to get tickets for the final? I’m over seeing my children that weekend and eldest is already badgering me to take them

How easy will it be to get tickets for the final? I’m over seeing my children that weekend and eldest is already badgering me to take them

You shouldn't have any problems getting a ticket mate, even with reduced capacity at Windsor due to health and safety there'll be plenty of tickets going.

No problem mate, I'd say tickets will go on sale next week after the other semi final tonight.
It may well be a 530 kick off to be shown live on tv.
I cant see it being 530 with the reds now going through. Also it should be a 3pm KO as the showpeice of the season.

What do you think will be the capacity? Boxing Day was restricted to 10k even the stadium holds 18K.

I cant see it being 530 with the reds now going through. Also it should be a 3pm KO as the showpeice of the season.

What do you think will be the capacity? Boxing Day was restricted to 10k even the stadium holds 18K.
Be amazed if it’s a late ko, crowd should be 14-15k.

They'll want it on tv so does that mean it'll have to change kick off time or can it be shown live at 3pm over here? Dunno how that works with the blackout in the rest of the UK.

Difficult one to know regarding the capacity for it, they'll want it to be as neutral as possible rightly so but that's hard to do in the way they did the league cup final. They split the south stand between us and Portadown but I wouldn't think they'll do that against Cliftonville.
Hospitality will be a big problem.

Taking hospitality out of it one of the clubs should get the entire north stand which is close to 7000 then the other club getting the same number of tickets spread across kop and south stand with the railway as a neutral stand which they like to have for the final.

Doing it that way you could get close to 15,000 in but it's the ifa we're talking about so you'll probably get 10-12 thousands maximum with buffer zones everywhere

The IFA, in their determination to shaft football supporters and ruin the game in NI, will insist on no-mans-land areas wider than the Amazon. They will also put all sorts of obstacles in the way of people buying tickets, all backed up by the lazy and incompetent PSNI.
The showpiece of the season will have thousands of empty seats, and will look like a shambles.

Can't see a neutral stand working for this 1, both sides will sellout their ends then both will be heading for 'neutral' tickets, carnage written all over it.

Will be a massive final, makes you remember how small Larne are and glad they won't be in it

Can't see a neutral stand working for this 1, both sides will sellout their ends then both will be heading for 'neutral' tickets, carnage written all over it.

Will be a massive final, makes you remember how small Larne are and glad they won't be in it

Yeah I'm not sure a neutral stand would be a good idea but given its the if a they'll do their best to make a mess of it.

Should open the entire stadium up to both clubs and let any neutral fans go in to whichever section they feel more comfortable if they want to attend.

Still leaves a problem with getting a 50/50 split though.

I'd love us to get the north stand for it, great view from the upper deck and it generates and keeps in noise better.

Back