Liverpool Agree £25m Thiago Fee

Cracking player and got that fee it's a no brainer.

He's out of contract next season isn't he? Obviously showing in the fee. A longer term contract and he'd be going for 3x that fee.

Never known a team to have so few injuries for their top players. It’s a big part of their success.
Top first 11 but don’t feel their squad is the best.

Never known a team to have so few injuries for their top players. It’s a big part of their success.
They have had plenty of injuries to top players. Alisson missed 3 months at the start of last season, over the last couple of years Gomez, Matip and Lovren were never all fit at the same time, Oxlade-Chamberlaine was flying, then missed an entire season, Alexander-Arnold only got his chance because Clyne, the first choice RB at the time, got injured. Fabinho missed 2-3 months of last season, Keita has barely been fit for any stretch in the two years he has been at the club, Henderson missed the end of the season, Mané has had a couple of lengthy spells out in his time at the club.

I don't get why Barca aren't interested in bringing Thiago back honestly. He's the best possible fix for the Xavi/Iniesta hole in their midfield. It's a bargain for Liverpool, even if he's 29/30. He's one of the finest midfielders in Europe.

25m can get you Thiago from Bayern Munich in England but it can’t get you James tarkowski from Burnley.

Their squad was good enough for them to win pretty much all of the top honours of late. As of right now they are the best side on the planet along with Bayern. Man City still don’t have the defence they should have and signing Ake doesn’t change that, decent as he is.

I think he’ll be the signing that sees Liverpool retain the title. He’s absolutely class, and a bit of creativity that the midfield has been missing.

To think you could buy 3 Thiago’s for one Declan Rice. Utterly mental.

Boy in my work said the other day M'Bappe would be perfect for Liverpool. The works footballing expert chimes in with " dont see where he would fit in at Liverpool, too lazy a player and not Klopps type. He only really has pace". How we laughed.
Wow

Guy is arguably the best striker on the planet

Their squad was good enough for them to win pretty much all of the top honours of late. As of right now they are the best side on the planet along with Bayern. Man City still don’t have the defence they should have and signing Ake doesn’t change that, decent as he is.

The Champions League one season then the league the following? Hardly a clean sweep of all the top honours.

Lewandowski is by far of course, who else would you have there with him?

I wouldn’t say he’s an out and out striker for a start but if you wanted to count players that play in similar positions I’d have

Ronaldo
Neymar
Aguero
Lewansowski
Aubemeyang

I’ve only seen Mbappe a handful of times to be honest and he’s disappointed more than he’s impressed. He is obviously a great talent but I do think he is a tad overrated so far.

Ive gave a list of players in similar positions I think who are better. If you asked me who I’d want in a one on one situation in the 90th minute for my team to score a winner I could name another 10 before Mbappe easily.

The Champions League one season then the league the following? Hardly a clean sweep of all the top honours.

Liverpool are probably the best side on the planet right now. Perhaps you can make a case for Bayern also. An already extremely strong Liverpool side just got that little bit stronger with this signing. Rumours are they are also trying to sign Jota which will improve their squad further as he’s an excellent player.

Liverpool are probably the best side on the planet right now. Perhaps you can make a case for Bayern also. An already extremely strong Liverpool side just got that little bit stronger with this signing. Rumours are they are also trying to sign Jota which will improve their squad further as he’s an excellent player.

They’re certainly not better than Bayern.

I have no doubts they’re one of the best sides in Europe. The original point that they won all major honours in Europe is incorrect though

With the rumours of Wijnaldum to Barcelona still floating about (even though Barca have signed Pjanic) you'd have to say this is an upgrade. Thiago immediately for me becomes one of the best CM in the league. Always enjoyed watching him play
Strange signing

Back