Liverpool Agree £25m Thiago Fee

I've said it may times before, under the watchful eye of their owners - the FSG - Liverpool are a hell of a well run club. Rarely do they allow themselves to be ripped off in the transfer market, either in the buying or selling of players. Rangers could lean much from them.

I've said it may times before, under the watchful eye of their owners - the FSG - Liverpool are a hell of a well run club. Rarely do they allow themselves to be ripped off in the transfer market, either in the buying or selling of players. Rangers could lean much from them.
Can’t agree. FSG got lucky Klopp was available, no other manager could do what he has done there.

Can’t agree. FSG got lucky Klopp was available, no other manager could do what he has done there.

C'mon, of course Klopp is a brilliant manager without whom Liverpool would not be where they are. But to underplay or fail to recognize the role that the FSG have played in assembling a top-notch backroom staff, and in establishing the business model under which Liverpool are run, is if I may say, daft!

C'mon, of course Klopp is a brilliant manager without whom Liverpool would not be where they are. But to underplay or fail to recognize the role that the FSG have played in assembling a top-notch backroom staff, and in establishing the business model under which Liverpool are run, is if I may say, daft!
Don’t get me wrong, FSG have done a good job in stabilising the club and bringing it back to the top through their stats based approach. They done great. What I’m saying however is I don’t think they’d ever win a league unless Klopp was there, top four and a cup maybe but not a league. Partly why I think Liverpool will never create a dynasty is because of the moneyball approach which likes smaller squads.

£5m up front for a player of Thiago's quality in this overpriced transfer market is an outstanding piece of business by Liverpool

From the Athletic

"The breakdown of the fee is extraordinary given the calibre of the player Liverpool have signed. They will pay a guaranteed £20 million with the rest to potentially follow in add-ons related to team success and individual awards. However, The Athletic understands that £20 million will be spread over the course of Thiago’s contract, with an initial outlay of just £5 million. Put into context, Edwards sold striker Dominic Solanke to Bournemouth for £19 million last year."

£5m up front for a player of Thiago's quality in this overpriced transfer market is an outstanding piece of business by Liverpool

From the Athletic

"The breakdown of the fee is extraordinary given the calibre of the player Liverpool have signed. They will pay a guaranteed £20 million with the rest to potentially follow in add-ons related to team success and individual awards. However, The Athletic understands that £20 million will be spread over the course of Thiago’s contract, with an initial outlay of just £5 million. Put into context, Edwards sold striker Dominic Solanke to Bournemouth for £19 million last year."
Michael Edwards is fantastic at his job. £9m paid upfront for Thiago & Jota this summer. Incredible business

Agreed. Earlier on in their reign, decision making wasn’t quite as good (Hodgson, Dalglish, Carroll, Benteke) but they really have upped their game with the likes of Klopp, Michael Edwards and Peter Moore.

They rarely get a transfer wrong and Klopp works hard with players to develop them and get them to fit his system.

What a steal he is at that price. Liverpool will definitely win the league again this year (imo)

Agreed. Earlier on in their reign, decision making wasn’t quite as good (Hodgson, Dalglish, Carroll, Benteke) but they really have upped their game with the likes of Klopp, Michael Edwards and Peter Moore.

They rarely get a transfer wrong and Klopp works hard with players to develop them and get them to fit his system.

Thiago is only the 2nd player over 26 years of age that Klopp has paid a transfer for at Anfield.

Their recruitment since 2016 has been excellent.

From the Athletic

They are going to get £25m for Brewster during this window aswell apparently.

Decent business all round for Liverpool

Back