Liverpool Away

Ahh I remember that. Not far off my suggestion and I think reform is needed

You have a platform mate, why not ask David if you can go on a podcast to propose alternative suggestions? I’d have loved that opportunity a few years ago but I’m too divisive to be the individual behind any suggested reform I think

I don’t have a platform to be honest and I won’t be going on any podcasts. However looking back at that post I made in 2020 it’s funny reading it again cause I still feel even now it would work that way.

So 4 folk. Out of a plane load so far.

In any event it’s not huge numbers and there’s an attitude that those who got this guarantee are somehow winning and cheating others out of a ticket. I’d have got a ticket regardless, my dad would have and our mate would have too. There will be more stories like ours than there are folk who are below 1622 getting tickets, I’d put good money on it.
There was others on here in bronze that have had it roll over since USG. I’d be shocked if it was anymore than 10/15% of the 175 passengers

Still, if they hadn’t been given them as an apology, @GeckoBear29 might’ve got one or been closer to the cut off

I don’t have a platform to be honest and I won’t be going on any podcasts. However looking back at that post I made in 2020 it’s funny reading it again cause I still feel even now it would work that way.
If I could do a search for posts in 2020 I’m sure it would make for interesting reading. I wouldn’t do a podcast either, would refuse it personally

Reform is definitely needed and the distain towards mygers is gaining traction.

Im not so sure though.

Hundreds for European games can take an hour or 2 to complete collection.

Lowest allocation aside from Celtic is what roughly 1200 at hearts? That would take a good new hours to get through it they were checking ID

So basically you’ve to have 1200 rangers fans + those without kicking about an away stadium 3 hours before a kick off. The police would absolutely veto that idea

I do think, however, the club could do a random 10% collection at each ground to ensure the correct person is collecting

Tottenham have introduced a %age of domestic away tickets to be collected from host city to try and cut down on people harvesting points/credits.

Tottenham have introduced a %age of domestic away tickets to be collected from host city to try and cut down on people harvesting points/credits.
That is something that could help. Don’t think a full allocation is feasible but a %? Absolutely

There was others on here in bronze that have had it roll over since USG. I’d be shocked if it was anymore than 10/15% of the 175 passengers

Still, if they hadn’t been given them as an apology, @GeckoBear29 might’ve got one or been closer to the cut off

There are 2 posters on this thread in that category. That’s the two I’m talking about. Yer man whose never done a euro away and another guy who still went to Amsterdam despite the CTM cancellation (he’s silver) I’ll not name them because it’s not their fault. It’s a ‘don’t hate the player, hate the game’ type situation.

My grievance is with those who keep bringing up those that got their ticket via CTM’s fk up as if none of us would have been at Anfield otherwise. Lots of/most of us would have been.

So 4 folk. Out of a plane load so far.

In any event it’s not huge numbers and there’s an attitude that those who got this guarantee are somehow winning and cheating others out of a ticket. I’d have got a ticket regardless, my dad would have and our mate would have too. There will be more stories like ours than there are folk who are below 1622 getting tickets, I’d put good money on it.

I believe for every cancelled CTM flight all monies were returned & all got the MyGers points allocated as if they attended?

IF that is correct, then as bad as the cancellation was, they should not have been guaranteed a Euro away ticket. If Rangers wanted to apologise then they should have invited those affected to hospitality at Ibrox or something that didn't impact others.

It was not the fault of other MyGers members that the flights were cancelled.

There are 2 posters on this thread in that category. That’s the two I’m talking about. Yer man whose never done a euro away and another guy who still went to Amsterdam despite the CTM cancellation (he’s silver) I’ll not name them because it’s not their fault. It’s a ‘don’t hate the player, hate the game’ type situation.

My grievance is with those who keep bringing up those that got their ticket via CTM’s fk up as if none of us would have been at Anfield otherwise. Lots of/most of us would have been.
Tbf I don’t think folks problem is with the guys that got the tickets, it’s that they should’ve come out the club pool for those that wouldn’t have been over the threshold.

I believe for every cancelled CTM flight all monies were returned & all got the MyGers points allocated as if they attended?

IF that is correct, then as bad as the cancellation was, they should not have been guaranteed a Euro away ticket. If Rangers wanted to apologise then they should have invited those affected to hospitality at Ibrox or something that didn't impact others.

It was not the fault of other MyGers members that the flights were cancelled.

You’re right about the refund. I’ll wait for the next points update to confirm if I’ve had the points allocated to me.

I’d tend to agree with you on not guaranteeing a ticket to the next round but the club set a precedent by doing it with games prior to Amsterdam which has resulted in some supporters getting tickets to Anfield that wouldn’t have otherwise. Again - that’s the clubs fault, not the mygers members concerned.

You’re right about the refund. I’ll wait for the next points update to confirm if I’ve had the points allocated to me.

I’d tend to agree with you on not guaranteeing a ticket to the next round but the club set a precedent by doing it with games prior to Amsterdam which has resulted in some supporters getting tickets to Anfield that wouldn’t have otherwise. Again - that’s the clubs fault, not the mygers members concerned.
Said at the time, guaranteeing a PSV spot and then subsequently guaranteeing an Ajax spot was a very dangerous precedent

People weren’t as fussed when it was PSV or Ajax though but rightly pissed off with it being Liverpool

Have the club gave any instruction as to whether it will be paper tickets?

Had a look at home end tickets and it seems you need to create an account as the home is all digital tickets.

100% agree, the club should have sorted the CTM mess way before Ajax. Not members fault at all. Defo sits with the clubs fault as usual.

That's this season, it was previously 1 point for semi finals/finals apart from Celtic which was 0 points. The reason the club gave for Seville was due to unprecedented demand they decided not to give points.
Didn't realise that, I got a free ticket so really can't complain. Doubt one point would of made a difference to many.

The only way MyGers would work for every away game, be it domestic or European is to make it top down. Means it’s a shut shop but then it’s those who would be getting tickets that deserve them.

Fans on lower points would still be able to pick up tickets for Livingston etc and build points through other means and Rangers should enforce collection of away tickets from Ibrox, collection from away ground and posting them as late as possible where and if they can to stop gold members buying tickets and not going where they can. Won’t work for every game but majority it can be done.

People registering for games and then not buying tickets as well - one strike and you are out.

I know this won’t be popular but it’s never going to work the way it is currently. The way domestic away games are allocated is a shambles.
Ive corresponded with you fairly regularly on Twitter but you may be aware that I am not a season ticket holder. Despite being on waiting list for over 6 years, there is rarely a game I cannot make. That means those with MyGers tickets and allocations are selling tickets and collecting points for said tickets, they cannot use. Whilst personally I benefit I understand that is to the detriment of others who are entering the scheme at face value. Put simply, the current setup doesn’t work if someone like me is ‘rewarded’ for simply knowing someone who will take a ticket knowing they cannot go.

I'm curious, does anyone know how Celtic issue European away and domestic away tickets?
They do a loyalty system for instance. When they sell tickets they will say they are on sale to anyone over 38 away games the last 3 seasons can buy first.

Read loads about comments on this absolute Myth that it's a closed shop to Gold.

I'd also say that the biggest failure with the scheme is transparency when it comes to games.

Transparency would show that there are guys who went up and down the country for years on end travelling without tickets in hope. Only now to have as much chance as people who have been going over past 3 seasons and even less if you include the add ons (points which are not ticket related).

People talking about giving up MYGERS because they don't get a ticket for Tuesday night......yet we have the same issue coming up on Saturday (which is a domestic match I.e would have only went to TC members before). 1K ticks with so many missing out.

There are 40K in the scheme and how many of those would take a Liverpool away ticket in champions league yet wouldn't touch a Tuesday night in Elgin. For some people it's the principle of every match with the scheme and not just the so called 'bigger' teams.

The scheme is not to serve loyalty. The scheme is to make money. Once make peace with that it does help :D

Read loads about comments on this absolute Myth that it's a closed shop to Gold.

I'd also say that the biggest failure with the scheme is transparency when it comes to games.

Transparency would show that there are guys who went up and down the country for years on end travelling without tickets in hope. Only now to have as much chance as people who have been going over past 3 seasons and even less if you include the add ons (points which are not ticket related).

People talking about giving up MYGERS because they don't get a ticket for Tuesday night......yet we have the same issue coming up on Saturday (which is a domestic match I.e would have only went to TC members before). 1K ticks with so many missing out.

There are 40K in the scheme and how many of those would take a Liverpool away ticket in champions league yet wouldn't touch a Tuesday night in Elgin. For some people it's the principle of every match with the scheme and not just the so called 'bigger' teams.

The scheme is not to serve loyalty. The scheme is to make money. Once make peace with that it does help :D
the good followers are not being rewared
instead their flung into the pit with everyone else
until mygers rewards loyalty then I want it gone

There are over 51;000 in MyGers now. Over 20,000 apply for some games.
From the James Bisgrove interview earlier.

See points are being updated. Kinda want to know if I’d have got one with the update done but also don’t

If you were borderline getting a ticket, most folks above and around you probably getting a similar points update.

See points are being updated. Kinda want to know if I’d have got one with the update done but also don’t
It will be impossible to tell as everyone will have differing amounts added for different games,friendly games,euro aways,RTV home attendance etc and the cut off point would have been different too.

Yes but my points total only went up by 100 which is rubbish it should have went up by a few more.
It's still in process.

Noticed they've not added points for Ajax away yet. Or any Seat Sub points.

Plus they won't add points for the remaining 2 CL home games until the winter update after they have been played.

Been said go death but MyGers should come with an added criteria for Euro aways ie. need to have attended at least 1 of the previous 3 euro aways to get priority. Then if any tickets left they go down the MyGers ladder.
They should have split my gers up into different categories home, away, Europe

But it's just a free for for all now

Back