Liverpool Away

So people that regularly do euro aways would miss out just because someone who "fancied" this match was successful in a ballot? Don't think so.
I think that you will find that anyone who is a MyGers member whether it's Bronze, Silver or Gold applied for this and quite possibly every other away trip. Issue is that it continues to be top down. It will take someone around 3-5 years to get Gold and quite possibly having to buy EH, B team season tickets, tours etc. This trip is completely different as it's 4hrs down the road. The points threshold is high and won't drop because it's exactly that- down the road. Look at the points drop for games last year. So people actually do "fancy" a game. I still say that to prevent these issues, we need a travel club.

That's a daft assumption then. There are lots of reasons to buy as you go. Previously I didn't for home games as we sometimes needed 3 together to take our grandson or pre Gerrard to get a better seat as smaller games rarely sold out. I'd far rather pay the same for a seat in the middle of the Govan as my seat at the edge of CD7.

It didn't mean that I didn't go to the games. Going by the amount of tickets that used to be punted for smaller games it's just as likely those who ticked the boxes didn't always go either, they just played the system to get Hampden tickets.
It’s not daft at all. The majority of people that do not go do so because they either don’t want to or can’t commit. I’m not saying that applies to everyone but it certainly applies to the majority. Over 20k do not sign up to CCCS.

OK am ok 1910 points
No celtic hibs Aberdeen or hearts

Rewarding loyalty?

I've already said it's far from perfect, but it does reward loyalty better than the old CCCS.

We've got 3 guys in our supporters club on similar points to yourself.

They go everywhere, including Ufa.

Same scenario for them, which isn't right.

I think that you will find that anyone who is a MyGers member whether it's Bronze, Silver or Gold applied for this and quite possibly every other away trip. Issue is that it continues to be top down. It will take someone around 3-5 years to get Gold and quite possibly having to buy EH, B team season tickets, tours etc. This trip is completely different as it's 4hrs down the road. The points threshold is high and won't drop because it's exactly that- down the road. Look at the points drop for games last year. So people actually do "fancy" a game. I still say that to prevent these issues, we need a travel club.
It took people five years who are currently in gold to accumulate their points that they deserve. They did so with no need or incentive to do so. People in bronze can now do the same. It shouldn’t just be given to them as the rules have now changed.

Holidays from work. Time away from family. Money. 6 Euro aways for Indy travellers is 18 days holidays. Games at Ibrox are at the weekend or in the evenings. Does not take much commitment for the majority to do that over 52 weeks.
It takes more commitment if your traveling from the south of England or N .Ireland for every home game of the season, than a few away games in europe.

It's a massive issue at all football clubs. Systems like MyGers just end up with folk buying tickets to keep in line and then selling any on they can't make it to. Its why I think majority of tickets for away games should be handled by RSCs were tickets go to people attending every week. For Euro aways the travel club was a better system, it's been replaced so the club can try and make some money with the add ons. Eventually I think they will just sell points.
Any system is open to abuse though, it's trying to minimise the abuse that's the hard bit.

I disagree about the bit re RSCs though as there are far more people not in an RSC than there are and that's before you take off those registered who never go near the bus.

Also I remember in the past people getting tickets off ours for big games who rarely went although that was from far bigger allocations

It takes more commitment if your traveling from the south of England or N .Ireland for every home game of the season, than a few away games in europe.
Not sure what your point is. I said it can be argued. Which it can. It can also be argued the other way round.

It’s not daft at all. The majority of people that do not go do so because they either don’t want to or can’t commit. I’m not saying that applies to everyone but it certainly applies to the majority. Over 20k do not sign up to CCCS.
And there are still plenty that do buy without cccs . It's a moot point though as it means nothing anymore in the grand scheme of mygers

Don’t encourage him.

You could be on 2000+ points. Went to every European game this season and will still go to Napoli regardless of ticket situation. But he thinks you should be in a ballot with everyone else and potentially miss out on a ticket, while someone on 20 points in bronze gets, and he thinks this is fair… Obviously he fancies this match.
I will probably be lucky enough to get a ticket, however it still doesn't detract from those who want to go.

And there are still plenty that do. It's a moot point though as it means nothing anymore in the grand scheme of mygers
20k don’t join. How many of that 20k buy their seat when window opens. A few thousand at best. Certainly nowhere near the 20k that never joined.

MyGers has at least incentivised people to now tick this box and pay for their ticket. Meaning more money to the club.

20k don’t join. How many of that 20k buy their seat when window opens. A few thousand at best. Certainly nowhere near the 20k that never joined.

MyGers has at least incentivised people to now tick this box and pay for their ticket. Meaning more money to the club.
What would you prefer for Europe? Genuine question. Travel club or status quo?

It hasn't because if you are that desperate for the 5 points you get them just by buying the ticket. There is nothing extra for ticking the box

For a UK based UCL or EL tie this should have been a full ballot imo. There's a myriad of external pressures whereby supporters cannot attend overseas. Individuals are being punished because financially they cannot justify the trip. MyGers is, and continues to be, a cash cow for the club.
I had this debate with a couple boys off the bus I go on, who’ve never done a Euro away game before.

Basically, those who don’t commit to doing trips which are further afield and require more logistical planning want Liverpool to be an open ballot because it’s only 4 hours down the road and it’s easy to get to.

If they are so desperate to do a Euro trip they could’ve easily done Braga or Belgrade last season when the points total dropped down to 0 points.

Travel Club. Only because it was always separate and I don’t like this idea of people wanting to only go to the glamour matches. I’m very much of the opinion, it’s Rangers you are going to watch, not the opposition.
I agree. If they started a new TC for next season, what would be seen as fair though? Last season, two seasons, three or a fresh start? For me, last 3 seasons.

Any system is open to abuse though, it's trying to minimise the abuse that's the hard bit.

I disagree about the bit re RSCs though as there are far more people not in an RSC than there are and that's before you take off those registered who never go near the bus.

Also I remember in the past people getting tickets off ours for big games who rarely went although that was from far bigger allocations
I agree there is no perfect system with the away tickets. I think St Johnstone game will be interesting. With MyGers supposedly over 10k applying for every away game and wouldn't shock me to see it go to a second sales window.

I just don't see the MyGers system as favouring folk going to games. This season unless we get some incredible results in the next month we will finish season with 4 euro aways. Someone attending all of them gets 60 points. Someone else buying RTV, the programme subscription and the B team season tickets gets 65 points. Eventually the people at the top will be those buying add ons.

Incorrect. It was three points they were awarding. One more than a trip to Livi. Which is why no one was happy.

Disagree, when you use all your holidays at work and make the sacrifices it takes to follow Rangers abroad, rewarding us with the fifteen points shows appreciation towards us.
Based on what you are saying - should those who make the same sacrifices (organising time off work, flight, boats and extra costs) to attend Ibrox from Northern Ireland or England be awarded 15 points?
If not why not?

I agree. If they started a new TC for next season, what would be seen as fair though? Last season, two seasons, three or a fresh start? For me, last 3 seasons.
TC will never be fully separate. Rangers have said it can’t be separate as it requires two ticketing systems and we only have one. I can’t see them investing in another.

What I think they may do is have three options: 1) MyGers for semi and finals. 2) with domestic aways 3) with TC. It can easily be implemented within the current set up just buy adding the requirement when you purchase. Then have deadlines of mid August for joining. If the three options all have different prices then it’s a deterrent for those to join if they may never use it. Points would be based on current MyGers points. Personally I’d stick to the five years.

This setup would still not be perfect but would stop thousands from ticking boxes for Cat A games and the glamour Euro Aways.

Based on what you are saying - should those who make the same sacrifices (organising time off work, flight, boats and extra costs) to attend Ibrox from Northern Ireland or England be awarded 15 points?
If not why not?
No. It’s a domestic match and we are a Scottish based club.

People on high points are not on high points only because of Euro aways.

You don’t have a ticket for Liverpool because it’s a closed shop - you don’t have once because you either have not had a season ticket for the five years and/or haven’t went to all the games.
Had a season ticket for best part of 30 years .
Always purchase whatever away games I get the chance to , apply for them all .
Admittedly haven’t done euro aways the last few years so I’ve no complaints about not getting a Liverpool ticket ahead of the guys that have been going to them .

My issue that I’ve already stated twice is that I think points should be allocated to unsuccessful applicants who apply for Euro aways the same as the old TC done .

Admittedly haven’t done euro aways the last few years so I’ve no complaints about not getting a Liverpool ticket ahead of the guys that have been going to them .

My issue that I’ve already stated twice is that I think points should be allocated to unsuccessful applicants who apply for Euro aways the same as the old TC done .
Unfortunately everybody would apply for the points so that wouldn't work

No. It’s a domestic match and we are a Scottish based club.
I have seen many on here saying if they were still in the travel club they would be Guaranteed a ticket for every Euro away game - but they are currently in Bronze or Silver because of MyGers scheme.

This suggests to me many who went to Euro away to support European based Rangers but were not as enthusiastic about supporting the Scottish based Rangers on a domestic basis

I’m not saying I’m against it, the issue is it will be completely abused. As it was in old TC. So if everyone does it there is no real reward for those that genuinely miss out.

Its the more committed stuff, its a bits of a nonsense as you said everyones circumstances are different.

I agree it should be based on games attended but regardless if its home or away, domestic or europe it should be 1 point.
I think extra points for flying from Bristol to home games, more if driving, more if a hotel is booked and more for midweek games….. not sure it will catch on but everyone of us has different circumstances and unfortunately it is what it is, I have applied for two years for domestic aways and a couple of European aways and no joy.

In the seasons where there was no pick up in host city it got abused anyway
You seen it was Ajax. Everyone applies hoping tickets are posted out. It was collection so hundreds never bought. If points were offered for applying and being unsuccessful everyone would chance their luck and apply, meaning it becomes a nightmare with windows to purchase tickets. It just won’t work.

I’m not saying I’m against it, the issue is it will be completely abused. As it was in old TC. So if everyone does it there is no real reward for those that genuinely miss out.
One possible solution would be to use the domestic away model. If you apply for all tickets and buy those you can then you get a smaller number of points. That would mean that you would have to go to at least one game and we have had games not sell out both seasons so far.

Not ideal but does partially address it

One possible solution would be to use the domestic away model. If you apply for all tickets and buy those you can then you get a smaller number of points. That would mean that you would have to go to at least one game and we have had games not sell out both seasons so far.

Not ideal but does partially address it
Just said it in another post - then people apply chancing their luck. Hundreds get with no intention of going. Meaning they don’t buy and it just creates a bigger issue with windows for purchasing.

For a UK based UCL or EL tie this should have been a full ballot imo. There's a myriad of external pressures whereby supporters cannot attend overseas. Individuals are being punished because financially they cannot justify the trip. MyGers is, and continues to be, a cash cow for the club.
So someone that puts a good portion of their earnings to follow Rangers abroad, use the majority of their holidays from work to follow Rangers, spend the majority of their trips in airports and staying shit accomadation. Thats all before on some occasions having to jump on a bus for 2-3 hours to get to where the game is being played. Cause this game you can jump in a car, bus or on a train it should be an open draw for it and shaft everyone that travels all over the place.......

Just said it in another post - then people apply chancing their luck. Hundreds get with no intention of going. Meaning they don’t buy and it just creates a bigger issue with windows for purchasing.
Shorter registration periods and purchase windows could address that to an extent. Better policed local pickup will help and no extra points for the season for missing out if you are offered but don't buy.

As I said, not ideal but it would help those who go who miss out on bigger games and helps keep in touch with those above.

Then everyone in MyGers would just apply and everyone would get the same amount of points and no one would benefit.
You think the guys that take two/three days off,spend £400 and travel 3,000 miles round trip,sleeping in airports etc to do Euro away games,should get the same points as those who walk through from the kitchen and sit down in front of the TV? (albeit they took 30 seconds to apply for the game online)

So someone that puts a good portion of their earnings to follow Rangers abroad, use the majority of their holidays from work to follow Rangers, spend the majority of their trips in airports and staying shit accomadation. Thats all before on some occasions having to jump on a bus for 2-3 hours to get to where the game is being played. Cause this game you can jump in a car, bus or on a train it should be an open draw for it and shaft everyone that travels all over the place.......
I'm going to bite. Does it mean that you are more of a supporter than say someone who travels from London or NI every week for domestic games? Who spends more financally? So by your logic, the ones whom I have mentioned should be afforded priority over those who live 5 miles down the road from Ibrox. It's a choice for anyone who wants to spend time and money going to see Rangers but it's not a given that others should be excluded. As I have said, TC would resolve these issues.

I’ve not bought any add ons (not even RTV) and got a ticket for Anfield so that’s not true

I was talking about me personally. Pre-MyGers I would have got a ticket due to my TC points. For me to have the adequate points I’d have had to buy additional products.

Correct, maybe give up the annual summer holiday and you'll manage 2/3 Euro aways no bother.

Mygers does reward “ loyalty “ for euro/ friendly away games and semi/finals if loyalty is measured by tickets/add ins purchased albeit by creating a “ closed shop

However for domestic aways it doesn’t as it a ballot so in my view there needs to be the same principals ( some form of top down) applied for cat A games as a minimum

I reckon Euro Aways will be a paid for add on to mygers in the next few years. Travel Club won't come back and we all know Rangers can't run two separate point systems but this will be the closest thing to it.

Mygers members would pay a fee for it and only people who have purchased this add on will be able to apply or purchase euro away tickets. Tickets would still be allocated top down by mygers points.

Liverpool thread turning onto a MyGers debate thread.
Every travel thread, away game thread, old firm allocation threads and any ticket threads ALL turn into a Mygers debate.

It’s far from perfect but it’s here to stay and we all need to get used to it. That’s not to say it shouldn’t be tweaked here and there.

However the travel club is gone and not coming back.

As light relief from the mygers doom n gloom, what are everyone’s plans for the game then? Are the majority doing up and down the same day? We are going down Monday back Wednesday. Really looking forward to a good atmosphere down there the Monday and lead up to game Tuesday. Any areas people are looking to congregate in any particular

Mygers does reward “ loyalty “ for euro/ friendly away games and semi/finals if loyalty is measured by tickets/add ins purchased albeit by creating a “ closed shop

However for domestic aways it doesn’t as it a ballot so in my view there needs to be the same principals ( some form of top down) applied for cat A games as a minimum
I keep seeing people repeating the “it’s a closed shop” line. Not saying you are but others have said it

It’s not a closed shop. There’s people in gold that haven’t bought add ons due to principle/don’t see them as value and there’s people in silver/bronze that have been

If the silver and bronzes keep up their buying habits, it’s clear they’ll eventually end up in gold. The only issue is that it could take 3/4/5 years before they see the benefit of it

The only way it would be a closed shop would be if every single gold member bought add ons and were getting the advantage of euro away games. Gold members that do euro trips regularly will remain gold without having to buy add ons; any gold member buying add ons and even doing 50% of euro aways will always be in gold

***the above is based on the premise that the club don’t change how mygers currently operates, however it’s not a closed shop due to the rolling period

Liverpool thread turning onto a MyGers debate thread.
It’s relevant though. You and I have had many discussions and despite being close to each other, our viewpoints differ slightly

Multiply that by tens of thousands and it’s clear how it’s virtually impossible for the club to create a system

As light relief from the mygers doom n gloom, what are everyone’s plans for the game then? Are the majority doing up and down the same day? We are going down Monday back Wednesday. Really looking forward to a good atmosphere down there the Monday and lead up to game Tuesday. Any areas people are looking to congregate in any particular
Just driving down and back up the same day. Aiming to be parking at Goodison around lunchtime, ticket collection then head into the city until evening then head to anfield.

Back