Liverpool Away

Any bears going back down to Bristol/Southwest England after the game or on Wednesday?
Trying to get back to Wiltshire is proving to be a pain due to the train strikes
Have you tried megabus, flixbus or national express? They go to Bristol

Plenty accommodation in Liverpool on booking.com today and price dependent on how many sharing
Options £275 in a B&B very close to Anfield (1 night) for 4
Travelodge in City Centre £230 The Strand (1 double and 2 pull out beds
Staycity Aparthotel £303 Liverpool Waterfront (2 singles and and 1 sofa bed)

All seem decent enough accommodation

Ive booked Hampton by Hilton from wed to following mon for £578 for 5 nights including breakfast for 2. Staying with a mate on the mon and tue 3rd and 4th. He lives in city centre so all is good.

Anyone staying at The Liner Hotel?

Good hotel. Great location. Right next to Lime Street Station and Wetherspoons North Western. Head into town centre just down the hill. Look for The Richmond. Nice pub. You can sit outside and watch the world go by if weather permits, then stroll over to Mathews Street. Have a beer in the Grapes.

Have a space on a supporters bus leaving Glasgow Tuesday 8am and back after the game if anyone is still looking for travel. PM me

We’re staying in the Indigo hotel, got two tickets for main stand through a local so behind enemy lines for the game! Hopefully it won’t be too dodgy if we remain on silent mode lol

For anyone struggling to get back on Wednesday due to trains, we’ve came up with a cunning plan.

Train from Liverpool to Manchester airport arrive at 2pm, book the lounge for free bevy and scran, flight from man to Dublin at 18:00, 20:40 flight to glasgow.
Frighteningly probably cheaper than the train as well...

For anyone struggling to get back on Wednesday due to trains, we’ve came up with a cunning plan.

Train from Liverpool to Manchester airport arrive at 2pm, book the lounge for free bevy and scran, flight from man to Dublin at 18:00, 20:40 flight to glasgow.
trains From Liverpool to Manchester airport will be off on Wednesday also ? I had to book the bus to Manchester airport because my train (Northern Rail) is cancelled.

Flights £32, train around £20 I’d imagine, lounge is an optimal extra of £30 we’re taking up due to the amount you’d spend on drink and food in the airport anyway.
There are 2 trains that TPE are running from Liverpool to Victoria at 8.54 and 12.54. There are 2 trains to the airport at 9.22 and 13.21 so your plan is dodgy as the 2nd train from Liverpool won't connect with the 2nd one to the airport. The trams will be an option I would think

There are 2 trains that TPE are running from Liverpool to Victoria at 8.54 and 12.54. There are 2 trains to the airport at 9.22 and 13.21 so your plan is dodgy as the 2nd train from Liverpool won't connect with the 2nd one to the airport. The trams will be an option I would think
You can get the tram, when we came back from Dortmund during the big storm we had to get the tram from the airport into the city centre as the trains were off.

Just got an email from Rangers to confirm my RTV points have not been added to my MyGers account through no fault of my own and they now intend to do this. This resulted in me missing out on Anfield.

I can't help but think they knew this and held back this confirmation until after the madness.
Same boat.

I don’t think I’ve ever went to a “fanzone” on any trip. and people who do go say they are terrible. Be pubs everywhere full of bears and on streets.

trains From Liverpool to Manchester airport will be off on Wednesday also ? I had to book the bus to Manchester airport because my train (Northern Rail) is cancelled.

Change from train to bus/taxi and we’re winning.

Wollop.

I don’t think I’ve ever went to a “fanzone” on any trip. and people who do go say they are terrible. Be pubs everywhere full of bears and on streets.

I visited the Ten Streets Social about 2 weeks ago to check it out. Its run by a nice family. Spoke with John Daly and his mum about it. They seemed very nice and the venue is good. Its about a mile from the city centre so not a big problem if people decide to head into town.

I was going to go there but I think Id prefer the flexibility of city centre. Loads of pubs to choose from and Concert Square looks like a good bet. Its got a fan zone in Coyoty Ugly and its surrounded by bars.

Just to let fellow bears know There’s tickets for Anfield going on live football tickets.com. I’ve just bought 4 tickets together in the Longside stand which is across from main stand I think for £125 each with 37.50 service charge. Got this site from a mate who says is tried and tested.

Just to let fellow bears know There’s tickets for Anfield going on live football tickets.com. I’ve just bought 4 tickets together in the Longside stand which is across from main stand I think for £125 each with 37.50 service charge. Got this site from a mate who says is tried and tested.
Longside could be either stand not behind the goals as they are short side. It just means that they haven't specified which side.

And don't use a Scottish address for your address or the billing address or they will likely be cancelled

Longside could be either stand not behind the goals as they are short side. It just means that they haven't specified which side.

And don't use a Scottish address for your address or the billing address or they will

And don't use a Scottish address for your address or the billing address or they will likely be cancelled
unfortunately he never mentioned about the address part. Find out within 24hours if tickets confirmed.

unfortunately he never mentioned about the address part. Find out within 24hours if tickets confirmed

Others on here have had tickets cancelled because of that. I think @joseph was one of them possibly

unfortunately he never mentioned about the address part. Find out within 24hours if tickets confirmed

Others on here have had tickets cancelled because of that. I think @joseph was one of them possibly
Correct- I had an address in England (Kent) to bypass their restrictions that they won’t sell to anyone from away teams country of origin - this was ok

The transaction (48 hours after ordering) got cancelled because the bank billing address that payment was taken from was registered in Scotland. They stated this constituted a breach of uefa guidelines.

I bought 1 from this site when they went on sale and used my Scottish address. Money was taken last week and it says in my account that ticket is approved. Wil find out on Monday one way or another.
I did notice the lads that bought hospitality from the website had theirs cancelled straight away so hopefully I’m ok.

Correct- I had an address in England (Kent) to bypass their restrictions that they won’t sell to anyone from away teams country of origin - this was ok

The transaction (48 hours after ordering) got cancelled because the bank billing address that payment was taken from was registered in Scotland. They stated this constituted a breach of uefa guidelines.

Bought mine on this site a week ago using a Liverpool address but my own credit card with Scottish address. Money taken and received confirmation email so hopefully all good

Bought mine on this site a week ago using a Liverpool address but my own credit card with Scottish address. Money taken and received confirmation email so hopefully all good
I only use a “bank of Scotland current account card” that I use all the time to pay for everything (I don’t have a credit card) perhaps this was the red flag

I only use a “bank of Scotland current account card” that I use all the time to pay for everything (I don’t have a credit card) perhaps this was the red flag
Mine was a credit card too and it was fine. It might even have been via Google pay which may confuse them even more

Pretty sure that would be the case mate. They asked me for a scanned picture id and a picture of my credit card showing last four digits of the long number only. Quite clearly said RBS Credit card and went through no bother

For those struggling for parking im using the car park at "The BNENC Big Car Booty' (as it is on googlemaps) on Mere Lane, really closs to the ground. A scouse mate of mine told me he parks there. It's a charity place who open their car park for matchdays.

I spoke to them on the phone, gates open at 6pm, they have permit holders but if you arrive early enough anyone can use it, so need to be there early. Its £10 to park there, the car park is shut during the game for security but they open it again at full time until 11pm.

What we thinking about emails? Tonight at 17h00 or will the genuinely wait until Monday ?
Got this late morning...

---------------------------------------

30 Sept 2022, 11:58 BST

Hi John
Thanks for your email.
Official travel information will be out later today- however my understanding is collections will be from Goodison park- around a 15 min walk from Anfield. Times will be from 1.30-6 on Monday or 10.30 - kick off on matchday
Regards
David

Screenshot-20220930-155708.png

Ticket pick up details and bus parking

Back